eating EGGS for faster hair growth?

karen

Hello,

I've read this from a poster from LHL and from some others at the google group search. Anyhow, someone at claimed that their hair grow 2" a month because of eating eggs everyday. So I did my research and found out that eggs contained alot of L-cysteine which is good for hair growth, I've read on a website that said that taking L-cysteine can increase your hair growth up to 100 percent, but I didn't find this information at any other website about L-cysteine though, well I'm not sure if this is true. I guess the ingredient in the eggs does make the little chicks grow alot of feather so I guess it could help grow hair too.

karen

http://www.betterbodz.com/library/l_cysteine.html

L-cysteine
Cysteine is a sulfur containing amino that detoxifies many harmful chemicals including those from cigarette smoke, pollution and alcohol as well as copper and heavy toxic metals. Cysteine can prevent hangovers and promotes healing and the immune system. Since Cysteine is a central amino in the protein keratin, it has been found to increase hair growth by as much as 100%, to increase the diameter of hair shafts and to harden the nails. Cysteine is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to help protect the cells against X-Ray and nuclear radiation. One note of caution; Cysteine can affect insulin effectiveness so diabetics need to exercise caution when using this amino.
There is no question that Cysteine helps improve the look of the hair and the hardness of nails. Most people take between 500 mgs. and 1,000 grams of Cysteine daily. This is an amino that works very well in supplement form.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=faster+hair+growth+L-cysteine&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=EzA7BJ.L98%40midway.uchicago.edu&rnum=1

azul11

i always thought it was because of the protein in the eggs that helped with hair growth. God bless you all.

JenJen2721

In the wintertime I ate a boiled egg and oatmeal every morning and I think my hair grew faster then than it is now....
I was also taking amino acids at the time, but perhaps that theory has some validity to it.

Nessa

<font color="violet">that is tru though, I have been eating eggs, but not alot. And it still isn't working. I don't know. But Mithy you scared me on the part of the chroeteral will kill you. THat is tru though. Yet Scary.</font>

sithembile

Its not worth sacrificing your health for the sake of hair, I guess you could eat the egg whites, but is this stuff in the yolk or the whites?

L

ladybug

i eat alot of eggs i mean alot...i like eggs and bacon on the regular..but yes the cholesterol is dangerous so i have to restrain myself from eating or making bacon/3eggs/cheese sandwhiches...becasue i do want to maintain my health..i dont know about hair growth aspects of it..my hair does grow on its regular cycle..but i wouldnt suggest anyone eating too many eggs...the health risks are not worth it...

Ire_manzi

It is true,eggs grow your hair really fast. Last month i started eating 4-8 eggs, mostly whites, a day and my nails started growing really fast and hard. I also noticed that my hair grew like a weed. This was within two weeks after I started taking the eggs. I got about an inch of growth in three weeks. When i reduced the egg intake down to 2-3 eggs a day the growth was reduced. I believe the egg whites are high in protein.I am going to increase the egg intake to see what happens.

ComfortablyNumb

I love eggs and I eat them all the time but I think I read somewhere that a biotin deficiency can be caused by too many eggs. I'm not sure though, I have to look it up to make sure.

Oh yeah, I don't really think my hair grows any faster when I eat mad eggs, but then again I wasn't trying to notice it...I just like eggs.

ComfortablyNumb

Okay I just looked it up to make sure and the deficiency is caused by people who eat raw egg whites and it does make people lose their hair. But I guess everybody is in the clear as long as they cook their eggs.

godzooki

eating raw eggs causes a deficiency in biotin. I too noticed I had longer hair when I was eating boiled eggs and oatmeal daily years ago. theres gotta be a better way than tons of eggs daily though.

ms_kenesha

Eggs it is! I have a million in my fridge right now because my husband picked up a wrong groccery bag and someone had a pack of like 18 in there, plus the eggs we actually bought

aqualung

I love eggs too, but the biotin depletion and cholesterol are concerns.

To get xtra protein, I mix 3 tablespoons of protein powder (yuck) into a glass of yummy Tropicana orange and strawberry juice. The powder thickens the juice, but doesn't impart a taste.

daviine

I try to eat an egg daily but I am not concerned with the cholesterol. This is mainly becasue I read labels alot. Also, people are always checking to see the amount of cholesterol food has but they need to also check the SATURATED FAT content. This also contributes to high cholesterol.

Besides a daily egg, I really don't eat other foods with high cholesterol amounts so I consider myself in the saf zone. Besides I love eggs.

MrsBKJ

Actually i belee eggs wont affect your chol level that much..if you boil or poach them...just dont fry em in oil! docs recommend no more than 4-5 a week...

Uzz

Nonie

Hey guys, I was wondering if perhaps there is an optimum rate at which our hair grows, meaning once you reach that rate, no amount of extra supplements will make a difference. In other words, I was thinking that perhaps some of us seem to have "slow" growing hair coz our diets lack in sufficient amounts of an essential element, so that once we get enough of it, then we will experience growth at a normal rate. Perhaps 1/2 an inch a month continuously. That might explain why some people will load up on biotin and not see the same result as someone else who was taking the same amount. Maybe the copycat was OK in their body's biotin content and was just lacking a different nutrient all together. Hence the reason why someone will swear that MSM is the magical ingredient while another swears it's biotin. When really it's all of them in their right amounts for our unique bodies - and in forms that are easily assimilated so they reach the important cells. Don't forget, some of us may have conditions that deplete nutrients from our bodies making us need more of them.

With that in mind, I did a search online and found an article that told me I wasn't too far off in my thinking. Check this out.

In about 30 years, Diane Witt achieved over 6 ft of growth, which works out to almost 3-4" per year [EDIT: Oops, that shoulda been "in about 20 years"...Sorry], that is if you ignore the breaks hair seems to take from growing and any breakage she might've encountered. Her hair looks pretty thick so no idea if she trims away thin ends, if any. I wonder if she has a biography out there? If not, why the heck not?

Interesting thought, isn't it? That it's LACK OF THE RIGHT COMBINATION and not necessarily one particular element. In which case, because A gets good results with BiotinX, doesn't mean I will get the same results if I run out and get the very same biotin. Coz maybe sufficient biotin wasn't what was lacking in my program. After all, vitamins come from food too. So my diet might be supplying me more with goodies that yours isn't. Which is why I think we need to look at the whole picture. Are you eating as well as you possible could? If we eat the best we can, I think we will be closer to nailing the regimen that works for us. And we will be able to tell what supplements we need to increase on for our particular problems (dryness, thinning, etc).

So rather than aiming for length, if we aim for overall health, I think length will creep up on us when we least expect it.

pvteye

I agree with you JenJen! Last winter I ate two egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal every morning and my hair grew fast and it looked and felt healthy. But I messed up and switched perms, from Hawaiin Silky to Motions. Motions broke off so much of my hair that I was ashamed to go out. Lesson learned on my end!!!!

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
A very informative post, nonie! I'm going to check you link in just a moment.

I take L-Cysteine supplements, so...

karen

The eggs yolk are the one with the most protein and L-cysteine I'm pretty sure, but I guess it has its side effect too. I guess if I were really really in need of a major grow-out, I'll start eating eggs everyday for a month or so and then stop. I don't know if taking the L-cysteine supplement would give the same effect as eating the actual eggs, but I gues it's worth a try cause it's more healthier, I think it's recommended to take 1500mg of L-cysteine or more to get some sort of effect.

karen

karezone

Lately, I have been eating eggs because they are cheap and easy to cook everyday but I haven't noticed a difference yet.

lunalight7

Whenever I do the Atkins diet, I eat a lot of boiled eggs because they are quick and easy on the the go. I notice increased hair and nail growth when I do this.

itismehmmkay

[ QUOTE ]
It is true,eggs grow your hair really fast. Last month i started eating 4-8 eggs , mostly whites, a day and my nails started growing really fast and hard. I also noticed that my hair grew like a weed. This was within two weeks after I started taking the eggs. I got about an inch of growth in three weeks. When i reduced the egg intake down to 2-3 eggs a day the growth was reduced. I believe the egg whites are high in protein.I am going to increase the egg intake to see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]