what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

luckiestdestiny

I just realized I should add it as a an update at the thread opening (the link). Off to do that now. I'm so excited. GIVE US PLATES! We gotta get to that goal so we can have them.

FearlessNik

It has been about an hour since the KS launched. She's already raised $335. I'm assuming that most of the people are from LHCF. If so, which packages are you buying? I went through the video again and I'm still undecided as to which one to get for my (just grazing) SL hair. I'd hate to end up with too little or too many of the wrong sizes!

luckiestdestiny

It has been about an hour since the KS launched. She's already raised $335. I'm assuming that most of the people are from LHCF. If so, which packages are you buying? I went through the video again and I'm still undecided as to which one to get for my (just grazing) SL hair. I'd hate to end up with too little or too many of the wrong sizes!

I got the long one. But my hair is longer than in my siggy so I'm hoping it's enough. I just emailed to see if I can increase to get more but waiting to see what she says because you can only get one reward per. I did NOT get the t shirt but hey to each their own. I just want the plates.:yep:

luckiestdestiny

Forgot to add the long are for bsl plus around Ish. If you are planning on growing your hair longer I'd think you should get those because you'll kick yourself if they are not on the market yet and you don't have enough for your hair. We will get "pre" orders before they end up being sold where ever. Who knows how long the deal will take to be in stores. Maybe immediately or maybe a year or more. I'm just saying. So those who pre ordered will have them way ahead of them going to market. Thus if your hair gets longer than the medium ones before it goes to market, you will just have to wait around for the plates to come out. Better safe than sorry. At least that's the way I'm operating. I went to the $75 level but I pmed to see if I can bump it X2 as you can specify the amount you want to donate. But if I donate at the $150 level I want twice as many plates so I want her to know that and be okay with that before I change my donation amount. But again I'm Hl now and I want to go to TBL before I'm through so I need enough plates.

Amarilles

Does anyone know if she's willing to ship internationally? On Kickstarter it only mentions the US. :ohwell:

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Does anyone know if she's willing to ship internationally? On Kickstarter it only mentions the US. :ohwell:

I just pm'd her. Hope she's not overloaded with pms:lol:. Let's hope she changes that because it should be simple to do it, but I'm sure there will be an extra shipping charge...unless there's a reason I don't know about (as to why it can't be shipped). Fingers crossed for you.

luckiestdestiny

@FearlessNik or @Luckydestiny

One if you should start a new thread with the kickstarter info etc.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

We want to keep it all one place. Last time she had threads poof because of too many threads about the same subject. I also saw another thread started about it too so I'm thinking this is enough. plus she has her own in the vendor forum.

luckiestdestiny

Would it be OK if we got long plates and don't have long hair. So that we grow into them @luckiestdestiny

The long plates also have smaller plates in them. From what I see it has 30 long 26 medium and 12 small plates (at least the All star pack that I got). So I'd say you could get that one for $75 or the one for less (less plates depending on how thick your hair is) and use the other plates that come with it until your hair gets longer.

I'd go with the medium and small ones attached (but purchase the long pack even if my hair were shorter). Then I'd use the Longer as your hair gets longer. That's what I'd do. So I'm speaking personally if my hair was shorter just to make certain I'd have enough as my hair grows. But I'm all for dreaming big. I ordered 2X once I got the go ahead from the creator. Meaning I just increased my donation amount X2 but stayed on the same plate selection while notating that I wanted two of those orders (and she via pm said she understood). So I'm getting two orders of the long to make certain that as my hair grows extra long :lol: that I have enough plates. Thus I'm dreaming of my next step and ordered enough plates to accommodate. I'd rather have more than less @Lilmama1011

In your case if it's short(your hair) ordering the long pack ensures you'll have enough as your hair gets longer. The pack does have enough small and medium plates in it as the original short hair and medium packs but also has the bonus long plates too.

Last edited:

CaraWalker

30 inches would be WL on most women. my hair is not quite bsl and it measures around 16 inches. im not sure i understand the measurements listed. i would probably need a ton of these things.

im glad this is open for a month. im broke :lol:

CaraWalker

has she mentioned what pricing would look like if she is able to be backed by a manufacturer? also she mentions her production would be done overseas :perplexed

who is backing this project? i wish there were more details/i hope it can just be in stores at the end of the day

virtuenow

30 inches would be WL on most women. my hair is not quite bsl and it measures around 16 inches. im not sure i understand the measurements listed. i would probably need a ton of these things.

im glad this is open for a month. im broke :lol:

I think you mean 20 inches is waist length. I'd say 15-20inches. You probably fit squarely w/in the All Star package for long hair [at your current length]. I would just get one of the smaller packages if my hair were 22+ inches. I think that's when you become outside the All Star Range.

Last edited:

CaraWalker

for me 30 inches would be waistlength. im on the taller side. my hair is 15 inches now and it definitely isnt wl :lol:

luckiestdestiny

Where are you thinking that the plates are in 20 inches and so on? In the FAQ it tells the length of each plate. They are no where near 20 inches from what I understand. The # is the number of "long" and medium and so on. So for instance in one packet there may be 12 medium plates, etc etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong knbradley. So you'd have to "guess" based on the fact that she mentions the amount of plates for short hair and that she has "short, medium, and long" plates listed. So you know if your hair is short to shoulder you should get short to apl medium to bsl or longer the long plates etc etc.\

As for when they come to market who knows? I'm sure she will have to have a certain "amount" of order to fulfill for a store which is why she's trying to get together a minimum order. That is, unless she sells online, etc. So we are helping with her first state of bringing a minimum order into reality while also getting our reward of getting first dibs on them. Just like any other product there is time for them to come to the market from development (like any other kickstarter) and those times can change (like any other kickstarter). which IS why I wanted to get mine in advance instead of waiting for them to come to market because I'm sure that time can change even with the best intentions. But her initial order will have to be created and she'll send those out to us.

Here are the FAQ listed on the kickstarter:

Frequently Asked Questions

(1) How are plates used for stretching? Curls are pulled tightly and flat hair is compressed between the two plates.

(2) Does it take as long as a roller set to dry? No, because hair is on plate in ONE layer (oppose to 4-5 layers when roller setting) & plates are well ventilated.

(3) Are plates safe to use with heat? Yes, it is safe to sit underneath the hair dryer if you want to expedite the drying time.

(4) Will plates be sold in different sizes? Yes, you can use different combinations of plates to accommodate the length of your hair.

Available sizes: (2X10... 2X6... 2X1)

(5) Will plates cause dents in hair? Plate are design so they will not leave dents in the hair. ...TIPS...Be sure not to leave space between plates and that you do not put too much hair in one plate.

virtuenow

Where are you thinking that the plates are in 20 inches and so on? In the FAQ it tells the length of each plate. They are no where near 20 inches from what I understand. The # is the number of "long" and medium and so on. So for instance in one packet there may be 12 medium plates, etc etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong knbradley. So you'd have to "guess" based on the fact that she mentions the amount of plates for short hair and that she has "short, medium, and long" plates listed. So you know if your hair is short to shoulder you should get short to apl medium to bsl or longer the long plates etc etc.\
It's just my guesstimation. I was saying the plate set could probably cover 20in. But Maybe 15-18 inches is more accurate for the long. The way I see it, as your hair grows beyond that, you just buy more to cover the length. I don't think it will be hard to figure out once you have the actual plates.

she should go on shark tank

She mentioned the possibility of going on Shark Tank in another thread. I think its a good idea.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
About to go ahead and grab The Head Turner Pack for Long Hair: 24 Long Plates, 20 Medium Plates, 12 Small Plates. Cost $60

I can't wait to play around with these plates in conjunction with my rollers. They will come just in time for fall/winter roller sets! I'm thinking a mohawk style set...1 plate to stretch my roots and the rest of the hair on a roller. I don't care to use them to straighten my entire head of hair....I'll leave that to my hair stylist and her magic pressing comb. lol

Come on lurkers and members...we need to get sister girl off the ground. lol

Lilmama1011

I wonder can you put them in horizontally. Just a random thought...... even though I know it will get more hair vertically

JaneBond007

I'm wondering about the business aspects of the CWK and am wondering if the "kink" can be straightened out via a small business loan of some sort. I don't see much value in donating 1,000 dollars and getting lunch with the founder and mention of my business via an insert. If the owner is reading this, why not a stock option?

Other than that, I'd love to have the product.

knbradley

Hey ladies!!!! I am just getting in from the baseball fields and just sat down and found this thread!!! You all are AMAZING and the support from this site has been phenomenal!!! You will be proud to hear that I paid my $100 for my vendor account so I am now officially legit...LOL!!! The campaign is off and going to a great start. I just look at it and within less than five hours... I am over $1000!!!!

So many of you have great questions and I promise I will respond to them as soon as u can. In the mean time please continue to spread the word so we can get the funding we need to get your plates to you. Please mention this project in other threads, Facebook, Instagram and etc.

Please find my "CWK Girls" group on Facebook so you can keep up with this 30 day journey with me!!! My name on Facebook is Kelechi Anderson Bradley. The next 30 days will be super interesting!!

CWK Straight Plates-Straighten Hair without Heat https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1855194586/cwk-straight-plates-straighten-hair-without-heat

Urban

It says the available sizes are: 2X10... 2X6... 2X1 These are inches, right? I think my hair is about 14-16 inches, so that I'd need a 10 and a 6, right? And in the video she says she would need 12-14 longer plates and 12-14 smaller ones for that model. Have I umderstood this correctly? And if so, I'd be covered by the Long Hair All Star Pack?

Jace032000

Hey ladies!!!! I am just getting in from the baseball fields and just sat down and found this thread!!! You all are AMAZING and the support from this site has been phenomenal!!! You will be proud to hear that I paid my $100 for my vendor account so I am now officially legit...LOL!!! The campaign is off and going to a great start. I just look at it and within less than five hours... I am over $1000!!!!

So many of you have great questions and I promise I will respond to them as soon as u can. In the mean time please continue to spread the word so we can get the funding we need to get your plates to you. Please mention this project in other threads, Facebook, Instagram and etc.

Please find my "CWK Girls" group on Facebook so you can keep up with this 30 day journey with me!!! My name on Facebook is Kelechi Anderson Bradley. The next 30 days will be super interesting!!

CWK Straight Plates-Straighten Hair without Heat https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1855194586/cwk-straight-plates-straighten-hair-without-heat

knbradley -- I'm so excited about these plates! Have you considered looking into finding investors?

Amarilles

I'm wondering about the business aspects of the CWK and am wondering if the "kink" can be straightened out via a small business loan of some sort. I don't see much value in donating 1,000 dollars and getting lunch with the founder and mention of my business via an insert. If the owner is reading this, why not a stock option?

Other than that, I'd love to have the product.
I too don't see much incentive to donating $1000 and over, offering more packs could've made things more interesting. I now keep flipflopping on whether I should open up the pockets for perks I don't care about or just do what's enough for me based on the amount of plates offered.

If international shipping isn't available I'll have my parents mail me the goodies. I'm definitely not missing out on this just for being across the pond! :lol:

virtuenow

@knbradley -- I'm so excited about these plates! Have you considered looking into finding investors?

She has talked about going on Shark Tank to find investors. They typically like a certain number of pre-orders, so she's going about it the right way. What other ways do you suggest?

virtuenow

I too don't see much incentive to donating $1000 and over, offering more packs could've made things more interesting. I now keep flipflopping on whether I should open up the pockets for perks I don't care about or just do what's enough for me based on the amount of plates offered.

If international shipping isn't available I'll have my parents mail me the goodies. I'm definitely not missing out on this just for being across the pond! :lol:

I chose a larger package, not for the perks (b/c the lower packages have enough plates), but for support & to get this project off the ground.