• Mixed with other conditioners to dc

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • As a final quickie condition after dc'ing

Votes: 57 48.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
WHAT PC DO YOU USE? I SEE DIFFERENT ONES ARE REFERRING TO A SHAMPOO PC, AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE USING...I USE THE PC IN A LITTLE GREY BOTTLE FROM SALLY'S AFTER RETOUCHING MY PERM...
I'm referring to the conditioner, but the shampoo was mentioned in this thread as well. The shampoo is really good!

tiffers

Am I think only person that doesn't like it? When I was all relaxed, I didn't know how I should use it.
After a DC, my hair was always so soft. Then, after I would apply PC for 5 min w/o heat and my hair would feel hard and tangle (booo)
I mixed it with my conditioner but, I never noticed a difference between adding it w my condish and just using my condish. (that's why I started to use it alone)
I don't know how it will work on natural hair, but you prob won't need it right? Permed hair is more porous but, I would say just give it a try, it's just condish!
My hair feels the same way after I use PC. The big difference comes after my hair has DRIED :yep:

rainbowknots

Is anyone using this as well as an ACV rinse. I read somewhere that if you do an acv rinse right after shampooing and leave it in while you DC that you can have less tangles. What I want to know is would it be safe to do both? ACV rinse before DC and PC afterwards?

ceebee3

HI ladies,

What are the benefits of mixing this with your deep conditioner if it's meant to seal the cuticle after heat?

Thanks!

winnettag

I used it for the first time recently after DCing and my hair did not appreciate it.
I'm going to try using it before DCing next time.

tiffers

So, do you rollerset afterwards? Do you use a detangler? or a leave-in?
Yes, I rollerset :yep: After washing, I apply a Fermodyl and then top with a leave in. I don't use detanglers really, just leave ins :)

Prettyeyes

My mom suggested that I start using this when I get a touch-up. Anyone here doing this? If so, do you put it on the NG as well. I don't want to do anything that will prevent my relaxer from getting really straight.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Where can I buy this online?

They have it at Sally's for under $8.00. But....If you wanted to order it on-line I guess you could? It's called Roux Porosity Control.

I think they have "other" brands as well i.e. CON & some others also make a form of Porosity Control.

tiffers

I'm pretty sure www.beautyofnewyork.com has it. They have EVERYTHING! :grin:

pookaloo83

I just ordered it. I ordered it because my hair feels dry no matter what I put in it. I know everyone has their own way of putting it on, but what way do you think is the most affective. I have very thin, dry hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I just ordered it. I ordered it because my hair feels dry no matter what I put in it. I know everyone has their own way of putting it on, but what way do you think is the most affective. I have very thin, dry hair.

I had extremely dry & brittle hair. When I first began my HHJ, I had read the Thread: Porosity the forgotten Step. And it shed alot of light on how 'damaged' my hair was. Due to Overprocessing and Salon induced Poor Hair Care. It is a very helpful Thread. If you have time, you should go back and read.

So, I began using it after every DC Treatment with Heat to close the cuticle. When you DC w/Heat your Cuticles are raised, swollen.

The PC helps restores hair ph levels by closing and causing the cuticle to lie flat. This Product has taken the Condition of My Hair to the Next Level.

tiffers

I had extremely dry & brittle hair. When I first began my HHJ, I had read the Thread: Porosity the forgotten Step. And it shed alot of light on how 'damaged' my hair was. Due to Overprocessing and Salon induced Poor Hair Care. It is a very helpful Thread. If you have time, you should go back and read.

So, I began using it after every DC Treatment with Heat to close the cuticle. When you DC w/Heat your Cuticles are raised, swollen.

The PC helps restores hair ph levels by closing and causing the cuticle to lie flat. This Product has taken the Condition of My Hair to the Next Level.
Wonderful explanation!

lunabelle

Good explanation, so it's more effective after a DC? I thought the PC would allow my hair to get more benefits of a DC if used before...i might try it this way now..

Determined22

Good explanation, so it's more effective after a DC? I thought the PC would allow my hair to get more benefits of a DC if used before...i might try it this way now..

If your cuticle is closed prior to doing the DC, then how do you get the moisture back into your hair?

Heat will help open your cuticle, but what you really want to do is close/seal your cuticles AFTER the DC, to keep in the moisture you just gave your hair. You don't want to close your cuticles before you added moisture.

Aggie

I use it right after I use the PC shampoo as indicated by the directions on the bottle, then I proceed to DC, but I would follow up with a final but cool and mild acv rinse for the shine and to close down my cuticles. Love that shine. I would only use PC when my hair seems to need it though.

ETA: Sometimes I would use the PC shampoo, followed by DCing then use the PC conditioner to close up my cuticles if I don't have any acv on hand. That works pretty much the same way for me also.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
OK, a confused newbie here. Is PC better than Silicon Mix? Do they both do the same thing?:blush: Please enlighten me.

tiffers

OK, a confused newbie here. Is PC better than Silicon Mix? Do they both do the same thing?:blush: Please enlighten me.
Silicon Mix is a regular conditioner. PC conditioner has a low ph of 4-something, so it shuts your hair cuticles. This seals in moisture, decreases tangles, makes hair more shiny and helps with elasticity

mzcris

After reading how PC works wonders on everyone's hair...I will be buying some of this today to use when I wash my hair.

I plan to use PC after I dc every week :)

mzcris

I am a Porosity Control user for life...:love2:

I love how soft my hair feels!! And I did notice that I had less hairs in the sink/floor!!

SweetSpirit86

Omg...I just tried this today (I've realized I'm a PJ :lachen:) and I'm just like :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

My hair has been SO dry..no matter what I did to it lol. I've tried the whole cowash, leave-in, seal thing...for about two weeks I've been doing that and my hair's just been laughing at me.:nono: I don't know if you can tell the difference between my pics...I'll post the two week post and one from tonight.:grin:

-and-

Aggie

Omg...I just tried this today (I've realized I'm a PJ :lachen:) and I'm just like :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

My hair has been SO dry..no matter what I did to it lol. I've tried the whole cowash, leave-in, seal thing...for about two weeks I've been doing that and my hair's just been laughing at me.:nono: I don't know if you can tell the difference between my pics...I'll post the two week post and one from tonight.:grin:

-and-

There is definitely an obvious difference in your hair SweetSpirit86. The second pic looks really moisturized and shiny.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I am a Porosity Control user for life...:love2:

I love how soft my hair feels!! And I did notice that I had less hairs in the sink/floor!!

Me Too! I will Never be without this Product. And you are right, I also began to see a Decrease in the amount of Hair in the Comb.

Starting Out my Hair was Totally FRIED ! And DRY ! And POROUS ! It took about a good month of weekly PC Finishes before I started to notice an Overall Improvement in the Quality of My Hair.

Even though I was DC'ing and doing "all the right things," I still felt something was missing. Upon further research in the Threads, did I realize it was this product.

I knew my Hair was extremely "Porous" but didn't know exactly what it meant or how to fix it.:ohwell: That's why Research is Always A Good Thing.:yep:

It has been a Life/Hair Saver for Me. And I agree, I will always, always use it as my Final Rinse.

MizzCoco

Ok, I tried this for the first time mixed in with my DC( AO White Camilla) and my hair seems drier than usual...next week I'll try using after rinsing out my DC. I only bought a trial size, so I won't be too sad if I still hate it. I'll just go back to using my ACV, that was working wonders

melodies815

I use it as a conditioner before I DC.

Porosity Control does help the cuticle to lie flat, but that does not mean it keeps anything "out" of the hair shaft when conditioning. Porosity Control ensures that you have the results you want to have.

Do you want a better relaxer result? Use it before relaxing. Put it in your damp hair (just like the directions say, leave for 30 seconds and rinse). Allow hair to air dry again and then apply relaxer.
* My childhood hairdresser used to do this EVERY TIME he relaxed my hair, and my hair was soooo healthy as a child!!! It never got long because I did so much to it, but it was pretty healthy.
You can use it again after relaxing but before a DC as well.

Do you want your moisturizing conditioner to do what it promised to do? Use PC right before a DC and you will see a major difference in your hair when it is dry and you are styling. :grin:

You really do want the cuticles lying flat when you DC or else the moisture goes in and then right back out again. When you make the cuticles lie flat first, the moisture goes in and STAYS IN.

Same for protein. If your hair really needs it badly and you want a good protein condition, PC first and the do the protein condition. Then follow up again with moisture.

Porosity Control simply controls how porous your hair is...making it not so porous. Porous (or open, which leads to dry, brittle hair) is not good.

Those of us with no lye relaxers will REALLY benefit from PC because no lye relaxers make the hair more porous over time than lye based relaxers do.

Naturals benefit the same way....just minus the relaxers of course. :yep:

I wrote this because some people were wondering why use PC first when it closes the cuticle. Well, it doesn't close it per se....it just makes it normal again...flat and ready to receive what you put on it.

I hope this is helpful to those wanting to know.
(PC masters, please correct anything I wrote incorrectly.)

HHG to us all!!!

cj

mika vs sasha

this is surely becoming my staple. i've seen improvement with my crown area, which was always dry, brittle, and easily damaged by breakage. using this product before i dc has made my hair more manageable. it's soft and moisturized... i love it. side note- don't sleep on the sally's card it's really worth the 5 buys.

Aggie

I use it as a conditioner before I DC.

Porosity Control does help the cuticle to lie flat, but that does not mean it keeps anything "out" of the hair shaft when conditioning. Porosity Control ensures that you have the results you want to have.

Do you want a better relaxer result? Use it before relaxing. Put it in your damp hair (just like the directions say, leave for 30 seconds and rinse). Allow hair to air dry again and then apply relaxer.
* My childhood hairdresser used to do this EVERY TIME he relaxed my hair, and my hair was soooo healthy as a child!!! It never got long because I did so much to it, but it was pretty healthy.
You can use it again after relaxing but before a DC as well.

Do you want your moisturizing conditioner to do what it promised to do? Use PC right before a DC and you will see a major difference in your hair when it is dry and you are styling. :grin:

You really do want the cuticles lying flat when you DC or else the moisture goes in and then right back out again. When you make the cuticles lie flat first, the moisture goes in and STAYS IN.

Same for protein. If your hair really needs it badly and you want a good protein condition, PC first and the do the protein condition. Then follow up again with moisture.

Porosity Control simply controls how porous your hair is...making it not so porous. Porous (or open, which leads to dry, brittle hair) is not good.

Those of us with no lye relaxers will REALLY benefit from PC because no lye relaxers make the hair more porous over time than lye based relaxers do.

Naturals benefit the same way....just minus the relaxers of course. :yep:

I wrote this because some people were wondering why use PC first when it closes the cuticle. Well, it doesn't close it per se....it just makes it normal again...flat and ready to receive what you put on it.

I hope this is helpful to those wanting to know.
(PC masters, please correct anything I wrote incorrectly.)

HHG to us all!!!

cj

Very well put Christi.