Does anyone else deep condition more than once a week?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I recently put dcing back into my regimen and my hair is really responding well to it. I would like to up the ante a bit and dc 2-3 times a week so my hair wont feel so dry.

Has any one else done this? How did it work out? Was it too much or just right?

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I did twice a week while I was transitioning. (2 years)

I did twice a week for awhile this spring and summer to try to get my hair to the next level. It works! Now my natural hair is in top condition.

I'm back on once a week but it truly feel that more than once a week is essential if you want to get your hair to 100%. After that once a week is optimal. Especially as a new natural or if you use heat or if your hair just isn't at it's peak condition or if you have chemicals. Any of those scenarios make it worth the effort. IMO

bluenvy

I slacked on dc for two months this year and my hair suffered. Lots of shedding every wash day, and dryness.
I woke up smelled the coffee and put life back into my hair. I did regular wash with follow up minute rinse out conditioner at that time. Guess that's why I still have my length.
Any who, I now dc two times a week. My hair stays moisturized, minimum shed hairs.

overtherainbow

I'm thinking about DCing twice a week too. But I'll only leave it on for 5 minutes (I have super porous strands). If youre very hi-po, just be weary of your hair getting water-logged. I have that problem in the warmer months when my hair is already moisturized. Pre-pooing with EVCO helps prevents this.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I'm thinking about DCing twice a week too. But I'll only leave it on for 5 minutes (I have super porous strands). If youre very hi-po, just be weary of your hair getting water-logged. I have that problem in the warmer months when my hair is already moisturized. Pre-pooing with EVCO helps prevents this.

I agree. You have to watch out for water overload, moisture overload....strive for a balance of moisture and protein as well. Don't overdo either.

Above all, Listen to your hair.

CodeRed

I deep condition 3 times a week with steam. I don't condition unless it's deep conditioning but I think that's just my paranoia of dry hair lol.

faithVA

When I'm not being hair lazy I DC twice a week for 20 to 30 minutes using a heat cap or sitting under the dryer. I do a protein treatment every 4 to 6 weeks to maintain the balance. If I condition I typically deep condition.

krissyc39

I deep condition 2x weekly but I use Aphogee's 2 min reconstructor first. Never had any moisture overload and my porous ends usually feel amazing after the treatment.

Smiley79

Good thread...I'm going to up my deep conditioning to twice a week to see if my hair improves.

niknakmac

If my hair is not in twists i deep condition twice a week. If it's in twists that last a week than it's just once for that week as I try to make them last at least one week.

toaster

I deep condition twice a week pretty much all year round. The time I spend actively doing my hair is minimal but I always have an hour where I'm just in my house doing something else, so why not condition?

PlainJane

I tried this, but I ran into problems having to style wet hair twice a week. I may try again after my transition.