~~~The LHCF Guide to Healthy Relaxed Hair~~~

afrochique

I don't wear a swim cap so I coat my hair with conditioner to reduce the amount of chlorine it is exposed to.

bebezazueta

Thanks!

Here's a pic of what I use. Ion has a leave in specifically for swimmers that I sprayed before and after I swam.

I drenched hair with a cheapie conditioner & let it dry out. Then I sprayed with swimmers spray. Then I put in a loose bun toward back center of my head. Then I placed the wave cap on. Then the blue silicon cap over it! Worked like a charm. Removed when I got home sprayed hair down then shampooed with ion swimmers shampoo then added a cheapie conditioner to leave in until I start again.

baddison gabulldawg WhippedButterCreme

Attachments

• image-4221374051.jpg
    image-4221374051.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 52

Hyacinthe

Any recommendations for a moisturizing DC after neutralizing a relaxer?
I used to use replenishing pak but it weighs my hair down.

karenjoe

@Hyacinthe - I use Nexxus Therrappe after neutralizing.

Welcome to the board! :grin:
mee 2....

Hi,
Sunni I was drooling at your fotki then i wanted to join....

you r relaxed right?

how often do you or did you relax.... I remember the photo in your fotki
after you relaxed. I don't remember how long u was post?

you hair is gorgeous:blush:..... I like it....

Last edited:

sunnieb

karenjoe - :hiya: welcome!

Thanks for checking out my album and the compliments! :grin:

I relax every 15-16 weeks right now. I'm ending this relaxer stretch on Friday. Can't wait! :)

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

karenjoe

I wish I was you. drooling for a hit of creamy crack:lol:

.. I'm only 12 weeks post.... that's nothing..:ohwell:

is 12 or 16 weeks the longest you've ever gone?

sunnieb

karenjoe - I'm currently on my longest stretch right now. I originally planned to relax Saturday right at the 16 week mark, but I have something to do, so I moved it to Friday.

I need to get off this computer and go do a dc, but I don't feel like it. Ugh! I guess I need to get to it.

sunnieb

ok thanks.... I never tried dc before relaxing.....

karenjoe - I like to dc right before relaxing because it loosens up my newgrowth to allow for better relaxer application. Tonight I clarified (Suave Daily), moisture shampooed (Nexxus Therappe), and now I'm dc'ing (Nexxus Humectress).

I'm lucky because my scalp doesn't irritate easily, so I can get away with more stuff. :look:

karenjoe

I thought if you scalp was too clean relaxer would burn....

I scratched my scalp in a small spot 1 week before a relaxer. relaxer burned me & left a scar there for yrs.... :spinning:

... I'm normally not sensitive to relaxers,
do u use a no lye relaxer?
I use olive oil no lye & that never burn me

sunnieb

I thought if you scalp was too clean relaxer would burn....

I scratched my scalp in a small spot 1 week before a relaxer. relaxer burned me & left a scar there for yrs.... :spinning:

... I'm normally not sensitive to relaxers,
do u use a no lye relaxer?
I use olive oil no lye & that never burn me

I think I've determined that my scalp is made of cement! :drunk: I never burn. Don't know why. :look:

I relaxed tonight and my scalp is doing just fine. Who knows? :spinning:

karenjoe

oh yes you have a cement scalp
did your hair come out pretty?
can I see photos on your fotki?

I don't burn a lot but I don't scratch either since then
I'm gonna try to deep condition a few days before...+.. a few days after I take the braids out
do u use no lye or reg relaxer? don't remember

karenjoe

don't encourage me to !!! lol it's only been 3 mos..... I'm good..... wanna go 1 yr..... lol

that ain't gonna happen so

.. I'll wait until the new growth grab the relaxed hair which is about 6 to 10 mos.....
or it start to take 2 hrs to comb my hair out after wash

Sunni, (with all your hair) why didn't u go natural? ( short story is ok)
I think I know..... it been so long.....
People try to make me feel bad about me having a relaxer....

Last edited:

sunnieb

karenjoe - I was actually going to transition in the spring of 2010. I found a natural stylist and everything.

I just changed my mind. No biggie. I was able to successfully self-relax, so I have total control over my hair from root to tip. I love it! If I couldn't self-relax, I'd probably just go natural. I don't trust anyone else coming anywhere near my hair with chemicals.

karenjoe

:yep: I agree......
I don't... either

I've been so disappointed w hair dressers too. a lot of
school's don't truly teach youngsters about our haircare:perplexed

hazelnut

Hi Everyone! I am new to the threads! I am excited as well as eager to learn about hair growth. You all have such beautiful hair and I hope and PRAY I can obtain my goal!!! I look forward to chatting with you all! Thank You :grin:

Solitude

@karenjoe - I was actually going to transition in the spring of 2010. I found a natural stylist and everything.

I just changed my mind. No biggie. I was able to successfully self-relax, so I have total control over my hair from root to tip. I love it! If I couldn't self-relax, I'd probably just go natural. I don't trust anyone else coming anywhere near my hair with chemicals.

sunnieb

I'm actually struggling with this issue. I don't like self-relaxing and I don't want to be dependent on a stylist, even for relaxers. I've decided to stretch for 6 months to a year while I figure it out. I'm currently 12 weeks post-relaxer.