2 INCHES IN 4 MONTHS (end of the year) CHALLENGE

trendsetta25

here's some new growth shots....

i can't wait to relax Oct 1st....i'm currently 19 weeks post.

I'm loving my 3/4 Mongolian Kinky Curly wig!!!! I use no heat at all!!!!:spinning:

Last edited:

TeeSGee

Checkin In: I did pre-poo with Grapeseed oil overnight, shampoo with Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo, Applied Ion Effective Care for 3 mins rinsed and DC'd with Silk elements Luxury Moisturizing for 1hr..after rinsing i applied Revlon Equave leave-in and Nairobi Foam Wrap a little Chi Silk infusion and did a ponytail roller set and airdried overnight.. loving the results.

faithVA

Following my regimen, sealing my ends and keeping it low maintenance. I can't really picture it yet but I am thinking that 2" will make such a big difference in my styling and the look of my twists.

Keeping my fingers crossed :yep:

AyannaDivine

quick update:
I've been in two strand twists since the challenge began; right now im rocking mini-twists. Before installing the minis, I washed with Dr. Bronners and conditioned w/ Suave Almond Shea overnight. Then I twisted with Darcy's Shea Moisturizing Cream and Oyin BSP. To maintain sheen I apply Darcys Kalahari Melon Oil as needed.

Does anyone have a tip or trick to keep mini twists from shrinking? Lawd my twists were kissing my shoulders the first day I had them in...when I woke up the next morning them muggs had shrank up all the way to my ear lobes. WTH!

*Im still trying to figure out how to post pics

greenandchic

Updated:

After the gym yesterday, I diluted a little Giovanni 50:50 Shampoo with conditioner and water in a hair color bottle and shampooed my scalp with it after prepooing my hair with almond oil and Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Conditioner.

Last night I did 4 large flat twists with Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk and hemp seed oil.

This morning I moisturized and sealed my ends with Claudie's Hair Revitalizer Moisturizing End Insurance and bunned it.

faithVA

[USER=305612 said:
AyannaDivine[/USER];14239083]quick update:
I've been in two strand twists since the challenge began; right now im rocking mini-twists. Before installing the minis, I washed with Dr. Bronners and conditioned w/ Suave Almond Shea overnight. Then I twisted with Darcy's Shea Moisturizing Cream and Oyin BSP. To maintain sheen I apply Darcys Kalahari Melon Oil as needed.

Does anyone have a tip or trick to keep mini twists from shrinking? Lawd my twists were kissing my shoulders the first day I had them in...when I woke up the next morning them muggs had shrank up all the way to my ear lobes. WTH!

*Im still trying to figure out how to post pics

You can cornrow them/two strand flat twist them or combine them in braids.

Or you can band them with satin strips or a material that is gentle on the hair.

or you can wrap them around your head and bobby pin them.

Majestye

starting pic - inserted below

What's your regimen?
Well no clear Reggie yet - I shampoo and cowash at will, but I do moisturize and seal daily. low manipulation either a bun or two large two strand flat twists. Will probably weave it soon.

What Products are you using?
I use Creme of Nature Shampoo, Conditioner, Argan leave in, Cantu Breakfix & leave in, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, homemade AVG/AVJ
mix my own oils to seal, or use JC Nourish & Shine, and wave nuveau moisturizing lotion.

What will you especially do for achieving this goal?
Pat myself on the back and continue what works to get to the next level. (I know-how boring!)

Sent from my Xoom using Xoom

Attachments

• IMG-20110807-00199.jpg
    IMG-20110807-00199.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
Update to Reggie:

I started going to the gym this week :grin: I plan to work out 3 - 4 times per week and will continue excercising even after I reach my hair goals. :yep:

I also added in Amazing Grass Green Superfood from GNC. I mix it in 8 oz of Carrot Juice :lick:

Thinking about adding in MSM and biotin... Really trying to get these 3 inches

trendsetta25

@trendsetta25 I love your 3/4 wig, is that the Mongolian 3b/3c or the 3c/4a?
mEmYSELFaNDj ummmm....:ohwell:....i'm not sure. I don't really know hair types like that. This is how it looked when i first got it....

i didn't want it to be tooo kinky so i ran a relaxer through it to loosen up the curls a bit....especially at the ends.

in case you guys wanted to see...here's a video on how i installed this hair :rolleyes:
http://youtu.be/qqp5eBCjZ5M

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Update:
I will be flat-ironing tonight, in order to add a current length check photo to this thread.

gvin89

Updating with pics from my trim....I will be charting growth from this point.

Front - 5 in
Back - 6 in

@Nonie, it makes more sense this way huh???!?!? :lachen: Thanks!

Last edited:

mEmYSELFaNDj

@mEmYSELFaNDj ummmm....:ohwell:....i'm not sure. I don't really know hair types like that. This is how it looked when i first got it....

i didn't want it to be tooo kinky so i ran a relaxer through it to loosen up the curls a bit....especially at the ends.

in case you guys wanted to see...here's a video on how i installed this hair :rolleyes:
[URL]http://youtu.be/qqp5eBCjZ5M
[/URL]
Oh ok for some reason I assumed you got it from ONYC and they have the two different textures of kinky curly, but after reading the description box on your video I see you won the hair. Its looks great! I really want some of this hair to make a upart like yours but idk if I even want to spend the money because I have been extremely unsuccessful in making uparts with other hair that I have. lol All bad. But seeing your vids really tempt me to just go ahead and try. :)

Nonie

Updating my starting post with pics from my trim yesterday....

Uhmm...@gvin89 can you make it easier for us to see your progress by posting the update in your latest post, ie quoting your original one then adding the latest pic?

I know I'm not the only one who's too lazy to search through 193 posts to find your pics...and it'll be a shame if we can't share in your joy--coz I'm sure you posted because you wanted us to.

So can you please put the pics in your latest post? Thanks.

SunySydeofLyfe

I want this yes I do I'm in be back with pix
Must Include a starting pic because we will reveal at 4-month mark !
Pic below
What's your regimen?
Apply sulfur mix nightly (started consistently this Monday) baggy overnight, cowash in the AM with PJ conditioners, leave ins vary plan on using the PJ stash til its gone, DC or steam planned for Sundays.
What Products are you using?
The PJ stash
What will you especially do for achieving this goal?
Sulfur mix, MT mix when the sulfur is gone and JBCO, keep a journal of what my hair responds well to.

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

youwillrise

just finished putting my hair in braids. might have to update my regimen post. i'm liking these aubrey organics products. will keep testing. ive used ao conditioners before, but i feel like there's something different about the way my hair is reacting this time. i mean...specifically with the honeysuckle rose. my hair didnt seem to like that one before, but it worked great last night...i also added castor oil so i'm sure that gave it a boost. i did love the white camellia rose. i also tried their mandarin magic jelly and i think i like this, too. i have the b5 design gel, but have not tried it. i'm actually not sure what i'll do with that haha.

nisemac

i mentioned in an earlier post about using AVG to seal my hair (after leave in and oil), and as a styling gel. here's a pic of my edges, a week old. i have natural 4a fine hair in the front, slightly coarser on sides and crown. the AVG makes my hair look like i have a relaxer.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Update:
I will be flat-ironing tonight, in order to add a current length check photo to this thread.
here's my length check photo for starting this challenge.

my reggie will be very simple.
wash/Dc once a week
style
moisturize/add serum as needed throughout the week.
take a hair, skin, nails vit/drink water.
I will likely be getting a weave.

Damaged but not out

checking in

henna in hair right now.

will blow dry tomorrow and try to defy the humidity...again:ohwell:

otherwise im still following my regimen

my hair is behaving good.....:look:too good

hope everyone else is continuing well!

greenandchic

Checking In

Wash & Treatment Day:

Prepoo: Almond oil
Shampoo: Mixed Giovanni 50:50 Shampoo with conditioner and water.
Black Tea: Black tea rinse for 20 minutes.
Protein: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment. No heat and left it on for 10 minutes.
Deep Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Sleep & Shine, Aussie Moist mixed with shea butter and aloe vera juice.

My hair felt like silk when I was done. :lick:

(I cant wait until I get my camera batters in to take photos)

faithVA

I wish I could say I was seeing some. But I'm in the game keeping my hair healthy. So hoping, hoping, hoping a nice showing in December.

Good luck ladies.

HauteHippie

Everything is going okay, but... I'm finding splits. Probably from my affair with the flat iron last month. I will hopefully just dust in early Oct when I get my corrective relaxer.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Mom23

Checking in:
I have continued to be consistent with my water and vitamins, and I have been deep conditioning once, sometimes twice a week. It seems like my hair has grown a little in the front, and I'm hoping to make my goal by December.

Happy hair growing!!

prettybyrd

I blew my hair out yesterday. It's getting so long - and thick! I need to dust these ends (trying to keep the splits at bay) but I'm ambivalent when I see my length. I am so afraid of the scissors. My hair hasn't been this long in a while.

youwillrise

i promised myself i would refrain from legnth checks before dec...but i may check in a few weeks when i remove my braids lol

prettybyrd

here's my length check photo for starting this challenge.

my reggie will be very simple.
wash/Dc once a week
style
moisturize/add serum as needed throughout the week.
take a hair, skin, nails vit/drink water.
I will likely be getting a weave.

@Rocky91 - now that is some healthy, thick, BEAUTIFUL hair!!! I can't wait to see what your hair will look like in December! :yep: