Relaxed Heads - Do you use a clarifying shampoo?

How often do you use a clarifying shampoo?

• Weekly

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Bi-Weekly

• Once a month

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • As Needed

Votes: 45 44.6%
  • Never (explain)

• Total voters

back2relaxed

I've been using Suave Daily Clarifying, my entire journey as well. It works for me! I usually do it the first shampoo after my relaxer(I'm salon relaxed), and once a month after that. I've never felt that I needed it weekly though.

chitowndcgal

I clarify once a week. I bun every day and I use a lot of oils and moisturizers daily so my hair is usually greasy every week. I have to shampoo once at the beginning with a clarifying shampoo otherwise it takes too long for my regular sulfate free shampoo or regular shampoo to get my tresses clean!

irsgirl

I didn't vote because I just bought the suave clarifying shampoo. After reading this thread I will use it has needed.

LaFat

I use Kenra Clarifying shampoo monthly. It clarifies and chelates too, which is convenient for me since I live in an area with very hard water

MissTripleChoc

I use aussie moist (uk version with no cones), removes all the cones from my hair so that my deep conditioners penetrate the hair more effectively.

venusfly

I did it for the first time recently. It was a bit drying even though I deep conditioned after, but my hair looks thicker and has more body and bounce since I clarified. I used Redken Cleansing Creme.

sunnieb

venusfly - when I clarify, I always follow with a moisturizing shampoo (Nexxus Humectress) and then do a dc. The dryness from clarifying is gone when I do this.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

bebezazueta

I use ORS creamy aloe shampoo and it does not dry my hair out at all and it leaves my hair clean, soft and moisturized. It's my HG shampoo!

lamaria211

I just used ORS creamy aloe poo my hair felt good after but a little hard n dry I'm going to DC overnight and hope its softer in the morning

sckri23

I don't use clarifying shampoo, moisturizing shampoo works well enough for me and I only shampoo once then dc

Aggie

I do the same as @sunnieb. I would always follow a clarifying shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo, then dc. My hair is left super soft this way. KeraCare recommended this and so I started doing it with all my other brands:yep:.

ETA:

I use sulfate-free hair shampoos now.

Angel of the North

At the moment I clarify as needed but this will increase to once a month when I start using oils more regularly during winter. I used to use Nexxus Aloe Rid but have since moved on to AO Green Tea clarifying poo, this leaves my scalp feeling clean, but I'm open to trying different brands as long as they are free of nasty ingredients.

Last edited: