Kan Kanechomn users!!!! Get in here!!!

13StepsAhead

^^ where in nyc are you ladies finding your kanechom? I'm in the city(42nd street) for school 3 days out of the week and I wouldn't mind checking out a few places before my classes begin

Muse

I just got my Kanechom today! I got the Cristal Bath, Aloe, Rainforest, and Flora Brasileira Cupuacu ones. I am going to try the Rainforest one tomorrow. I will be cowashing with these daily (I'm not a DCer) but I heard they can throw you into moisture overload. I don't think my hair knows the meaning of that but I'll keep a close eye on it.

SelfStyled

I just got my Kanechom today! I got the Cristal Bath, Aloe, Rainforest, and Flora Brasileira Cupuacu ones. I am going to try the Rainforest one tomorrow. I will be cowashing with these daily (I'm not a DCer) but I heard they can throw you into moisture overload. I don't think my hair knows the meaning of that but I'll keep a close eye on it.

Oooh rainforest- that sounds good. Make sure you do a review.

Muse

Oooh rainforest- that sounds good. Make sure you do a review.

Will do. After reading some of the not so good reviews that people had with Skala I decided I'm going to poo before using this. I don't want any old product in my hair negatively affecting the Kanechom.

Muse

Well ladies I tried the Kanechom Rainforest con this morning and I am NOT pleased. I shampooed and my hair was a bit tangled but I didn't mind because I figured Kanechom would have as much if not more slip than Skala. WRONG! This stuff had ZERO slip and it didn't feel very moisturizing. While rinsing it out I started to feel a bit of slip and softness but it was quickly gone. It left my hair feeling kinda hard and tangled. I had to use extra of my moisturizing cream leave in and G3 leave in to soften my hair back up. My hair is dry now and pretty soft but not Skala soft. I really wanted to like this one. I was thinking that maybe it wasn't a good after shampoo con but better for cowashes but I'm kinda not wanting to put it in my head again. I don't know who they made this particular flavor for but they need to take it back to the drawing board. The one good thing about it is that it tamed my frizzies VERY well but other than that save your money on the Rainforest one.

Muse

Well I consider myself a fair person so I tried this Rainforest one as a cowash instead and again :nono:. It still made my hair hard and tangled. I had to use my Skala G3 masque after and that saved my hair! I am tossing it out. I wouldn't give this one away. I have three others to try but I feel that I should bring my hair back around with Skala first before I experiment again so it'll probably be a few weeks before I try them. I don't know why I can't just stick with what works-Skala! Oh well guess that's the life of a PJ.

*Frisky*

Um where in Maryland please:look:

A Brazilian Market in Silver Springs

Well I consider myself a fair person so I tried this Rainforest one as a cowash instead and again :nono:. It still made my hair hard and tangled. I had to use my Skala G3 masque after and that saved my hair! I am tossing it out. I wouldn't give this one away. I have three others to try but I feel that I should bring my hair back around with Skala first before I experiment again so it'll probably be a few weeks before I try them. I don't know why I can't just stick with what works-Skala! Oh well guess that's the life of a PJ.

aww that sucks..that Flora Capucua(sp) worked ok for me but I think I can live without it. I am gonna try the Mixed Chocolate one next and hope I feel better about it.

SelfStyled

The shea butter one (Karite) is great. It wasn't the slippiest, but my hair airdried so soft. So far I have tried the crystal bath and the shea butter- and I love them both.

Next review will be on the wine/vinho.

Muse- so sorry about the rainforest one.

Muse

A Brazilian Market in Silver Springs

aww that sucks..that Flora Capucua(sp) worked ok for me but I think I can live without it. I am gonna try the Mixed Chocolate one next and hope I feel better about it.

Yes this is the one I plan on trying next when I do get up the courage. It looks promising. I bought 4 so I'd like to be able to use at least two of them.

The shea butter one (Karite) is great. It wasn't the slippiest, but my hair airdried so soft. So far I have tried the crystal bath and the shea butter- and I love them both.

Thanks SelfStyled. I'm hoping that I can get at least 2 out of 4 to work for me. That Wine one sounds good! Can't wait to hear your review for it. I bet it smells GOOD!

Coffee

I'm happy to hear about the Shea Butter Karite one, that's one of the ones I ordered.

pear

Well ladies I tried the Kanechom Rainforest con this morning and I am NOT pleased. I shampooed and my hair was a bit tangled but I didn't mind because I figured Kanechom would have as much if not more slip than Skala. WRONG! This stuff had ZERO slip and it didn't feel very moisturizing. While rinsing it out I started to feel a bit of slip and softness but it was quickly gone. It left my hair feeling kinda hard and tangled. I had to use extra of my moisturizing cream leave in and G3 leave in to soften my hair back up. My hair is dry now and pretty soft but not Skala soft. I really wanted to like this one. I was thinking that maybe it wasn't a good after shampoo con but better for cowashes but I'm kinda not wanting to put it in my head again. I don't know who they made this particular flavor for but they need to take it back to the drawing board. The one good thing about it is that it tamed my frizzies VERY well but other than that save your money on the Rainforest one.

Thanks Muse for the warning. I think that I will just stick with the Skala for now because it is really working for me.

13StepsAhead

So I finally decided to put my Skala aside and test out the Kanechom I purchased weeks ago. So, I DCd overnight with Kenechom fig and will be washing it out shortly. I will report back once I wash it out.

13StepsAhead

^^^ back with my review. So I really wanted to :love: this on because it smells so good; however it only achieved a B in my grade book. I mainly gave it a B, due to the lack of slip; I usually, with any DC, get tremendous slip if I do an overnight DC w/ saran wrap, but that was not the case. It did leave my hair very soft but nothing to throw a party over it felts more like a cowash then a DC. I guess I will use it up as a co-wash, I'm just glad it was inexpensive.

crvlngrhair

^^^ back with my review. So I really wanted to :love: this on because it smells so good; however it only achieved a B in my grade book. I mainly gave it a B, due to the lack of slip; I usually, with any DC, get tremendous slip if I do an overnight DC w/ saran wrap, but that was not the case. It did leave my hair very soft but nothing to throw a party over it felts more like a cowash then a DC. I guess I will use it up as a co-wash, I'm just glad it was inexpensive.

Thanks for the review arm, I ordered this last week along with the ceramides and the chocolate.

crvlngrhair

I hope it works better for you then it did for me.

Thanks arm, I remembered that I never checked the mail yesterday and went to the box and my package was there :grin: On the plus side, even though the shipping was a little high ($14 for 3 items), it was extremely fast, from NY to MS in 2 days. I'm not sure yet which one I'm going to try first, I may start with the fig...

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 46

crvlngrhair

^^^^They smell soooo yummy! I love the size of the containers, I wasn't expecting them to be soo big. I mixed some SB skala and the Kanechomn chocolate and I've got them marinating on my head right now, be back with a review later tonight!

Ese88

Thanks arm, I remembered that I never checked the mail yesterday and went to the box and my package was there :grin: On the plus side, even though the shipping was a little high ($14 for 3 items), it was extremely fast, from NY to MS in 2 days. I'm not sure yet which one I'm going to try first, I may start with the fig...

:lick: those look delicious! let us know how they were. use the ceramides one first:grin:

crvlngrhair

:lick: those look delicious! let us know how they were. use the ceramides one first:grin:

I'll have to try that one when I DC on monday, tonight I used a SB skala and kanechomn chocolate mix and it was absolute heavenly, my hair is soo soft, my ng is extremely moisturized, this one is def. my new love! It hard to keep from jumping back in the shower and trying out the others lol