Let me re-introduce myself... my name is Diva!

AJamericanDiva

Hey all... I haven't posted in the hair forum in a while, although I have been reading. Things have changed quite a bit since I had the baby. I experienced hair growing burnout... not to say that I was slacking on my haircare, but I wasn't as "obsessed" as before... now I know ya'll know what that means!!! I started this in March of 2003 and that time LIVED on this board 24/7. After having the baby, just didn't have as much time. Nonetheless, I have decided to push on with fervent vigor to waistlength hair. Monday I bought some Tokyalon hair and just got to braiding. Then next thing you know, it was done... Imma sport these for a while and looking to tack on 4 healthy inches of hair.... how is everyone else doing? Here are some pics (click 'em to make them larger)...

Here are some popular threads I've authored...
Diva's personal tips for braid success

Discouraged 4a/4bs this thread's for you!

AJamericanDiva

Hey Girl!
How ya' been? Did you go to the Meet and Greet thread?? OT, I know... but this Sat evening same place... holla!

Lucia

Hey Diva, love the braids, they look really good, I'm with you well get to that WSL party :woot:

good2uuuu

Hey AJD! I knew you would show yourself soon. The braids look awesome! I wish I could do that myself. How's Kingsboro? I tune in most weeks online. How's little man? I know he's keepin' you busy. Glad to sse you around!

AJamericanDiva

Now ya'll know good and well I wasn't really "gone"... more of a lurker.

Kingsboro is still going great. I'm glad all my buddies are here with their warm words of encouragement.... :kiss:

missyT

Hey, how you doin? I was wondering where you have been. Your braids are lovely. How long are you gonna keep them for?

Welcome back! :wave:

AJamericanDiva

missyT said:
Hey, how you doin? I was wondering where you have been. Your braids are lovely. How long are you gonna keep them for?

Welcome back! :wave:

Thanks, Hon... I've been here, but mostly lurking because sometimes I can't type and tend to the baby at the same time. He's a busy boy... I mostly read. By the time I am free to type, I'm too pooped!!! :rofl: I don't keep braids in longer that 2 months. I'll wash, deep condition and do a protein treatment for a week or two and re-braid....at least that's the plan!

lolla2005

your braids look amazing!
you've always been one of my hair idols and I know you'll be at waistlength in no time!! good luck..

your boy is so cute... :)

cocowhite

Your braids are beautiful...How long did it take you braid your hair? Sorry if this was already asked I didn't read the entire thread yet. :)

tryn2growmyhair

Your braids look great. You have inspired me to try to braid my hair myself.

Could you please post any updates to the tips that you gave us before? Are you making any changes to your braid regime this time?

Any tips for someone who is going to try to braid her hair herself for the first time? TIA.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

london honey said:
hey diva, your hair/braids is looking great...as always!!! My 4B inspiration :)

London honey, just wanted to say 'park it like it's hot, park it like it's hot':lol: