Successful Users of ORS Temple Balm

Miss*Tress

• What problem area(s) did you have?
  • How long before you saw results?
  • Did you follow the instructions exactly?
  • Why do the instructions say to avoid the nape area? (which is exactly where I want to use it)
  • Do you have any tips for obtaining best results?
TIA

Stormy

ORS Temple Balm didn't work for me! :confused: I used it on my temple areas that were looking a little thin. Yes, I followed the directions exactly for about two months which is how long they say it takes to start seeing results, But, it's just one of those things that doesn't work for everybody because it did work for my daughter! :grin: I don't know why it says not to use it on the nape area because that's exactly where I used it on her. About two years ago, her hair fell completely out back there and was BALD. This came from wearing her buns too tight. I kept telling her, but she wouldn't listen. Anyway, I used the same ORS Temple Balm on her nape area for about two months and her hair grew back so nice and thick! You would never have guessed at one time she was bald back there. So again, it DOES work for some people.

Stormy

Oh and my tip is to just follow the directions exactly as they tell you. It may work it may not, but it's worth a try.

Phoenix

I haven't used the Balm, but I am using the ORS Fertilizing Temple Serum. It's the liquid version for natural hair. I've been using it around my edges for a about three months and it has kept my hairline nice and full while wearing braids. I would say I saw results in about 4-6 weeks. The one drawback for me is that it kind of leaves a residue on my scalp that will turn into flakes if I don't use ORS uplifting shampoo once in a while. The serum came with a sample of the uplifting shampoo so I use that on my hairline once every couple of weeks or so.

Cinnabuns

I need to pick up some of this. I havea small spot on my right temple that needs to be grown in. How much is this product?

SweetDreams

A couple of year ago, I had two bald spots on the sides of my head from letting my friend sew in tracks, but then glue them in at the top. I wore this style continuously for about eight months. I would take it out, relax my hair, and get it done all over again. So when I was getting my hair braided one day, she said do you realize you have two bald spots? I was devastated after I looked in the mirror and I said right then and there that I was going to stop doing it. I got some ORS temple balm and I would say within about 2 months the hair was back, so it did work for me!

Cinnabuns, it's ususally $12.99 in most drugstores and beauty supply stores.

locabouthair

i used it and i think i got results in about 2 months. the spot flled up nicely. after it filled up i stopped using it. maybe it would have grown more if i was continuous with it.

NYRICAN1

I used it and I would say I got results in about 2 months. My edges were bald and my nape area was almost bald. I used the uplifting shampoo, the hair mayonnaise with it. By the way I found that I would feel the serum working more than the temple balm. That is just my opinion though. Good luck!

missyT

I have been using it for about 2 or 3 years on and off. I'm not that impressed to be honest. Although my hair filled in a bit, I have a feeling that that could be attributed to the fact that I was massaging the balm in. Regular massages really help to stimulate that area. I think it is a bit of a waste of money.

On the other hand, I have been using rosemary oil (diluted of course) for about 3 months and I've had much better results with that. You can also feel the rosemary working, which makes it a keeper.

(You can make a rosemary spritz with a few drops of rosemary oil and some distilled water and then spray it on to the affected area.)

Miss*Tress

Thanks for your responses, ladies.

The sides of my hair look thin and the nape is a bit wispy, so I'm hoping the balm will help these areas fill in and grow as well as the crown does.

bluediamond0829

Actually unlike some i had great success with this before even surge came out...my hair had really broke off really bad and was damaged...so along with taking Prenatal vitamins, biotin, and vitamin e...i used the ORS Fertlizer Balm and had my hair braided in individual braids from April until August and when i removed my braids my hair had come back so nice and beautiful...i just would apply mine to my scalp i really didnt follow the instructions...

carmend

I swear by this product. I had a dime sized bald spot on my edges from a braid being pulled almost completly out and this is the only product that helped it grow back. I saw results in about 2-3 weeks. But full regrowth took a couple of months. I used mine twice a day. I have also had success using it at the back of the neck. It worked so well for me that I now still use it while wearing braids or weave just to make sure my edges dont thin out. I have recommened it to friends who have said it worked for them too. I have heard that nioxin works too but have never tried it personally .

Whisper

Love this product!! Used it for the first time maybe around 2000 when I had a bald spot on my edges... I had great success with it! I used it twice daily per the instructions. I don't know about the nape, but it was raining outside one day and that stuff must've ran down my face from my temples, and my eyes were on fire!! :eek:
For the most part it took 4-6 weeks for my hair to come back and it is worth it! I would say you'd have to apply twice per day as the bottle states

Miss*Tress

Cool - thanks for the reviews. :up:

Now I have to resign myself to getting up early to rub this stuff on my head in the morning. :ohwell:

Harina

Well I'll be damned. I think this stuff actually works.

Do you think it's safe to put this on eyebrows?