How to reverse heat damage?

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
Y'all. I really want to cry. I've been posting in the transition without big chopping thread, and I've been successful with it until now. I've been wearing a weave for the most part of my transition, with a closure. My closure has since died. I couldn't get another one, and since then I've been using my leave out. Which is now ruined. My middle section is just straight, and now my far right section is ruined too. I really want to cry.

This is a small section of what I'm dealing with. I can't cut it off because I haven't finished dealing with my entire head. And I don't want to wait another two years before my hair is all coiled and curly. This really sucks.

Does anyone know what I could do. This is a picture. image-2803894955.jpg ETA: the left end of the hair is my relaxed hair.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I think there is a threshold of how much hair can recover from heat damage. I personally find that salerm vegetable placenta helps to kink my curls back up after regular heat use. but from the looks of it, that hair cannot be saved.

What temp did u flat iron on and how often? did you use a heat protector?

I think it might be a good idea to purchase a closure from aliexpress and hide it away for a while or you can try to blend it in with a twist out and a little roller on the end.

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
I think there is a threshold of how much hair can recover from heat damage. I personally find that salerm vegetable placenta helps to kink my curls back up after regular heat use. but from the looks of it, that hair cannot be saved. What temp did u flat iron on and how often? did you use a heat protector? I think it might be a good idea to purchase a closure from aliexpress and hide it away for a while or you can try to blend it in with a twist out and a little roller on the end.

I try not to use over 400. And I know that's stretching it. I honestly don't even know of a good heat protectant anymore. (That's how long I've used closures). I used to use the silk elements one, but I can't find it anywhere.

iVR

Do a protein treatment with coconut milk and egg once a week for 3 weeks. It won't completely fix it, but it will wave back up and make the damaged sections stronger until it grows out.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Can you put some braid extensions in? You have more patience than me. I'd just BC and rock a TWA. :rolleyes::lol: Other ideas.....buns and wigs.