I'd like to see ____ DEAD in 2015!

Aireen

We're approaching a new year once again, this one flew by too fast if you ask me. With this year ending, pretty sure that there are some habits, trends, fads, sayings, products, techniques, etc. that you'd like to see DEAD, GONE, and BURIED in 2015. :whip: Can be hair/beauty related or not, up to you. :grin: This thread will be a way to poke light fun at the silly things so don't be too offended, it's all in jest~ :lol: Made a thread last year if you want to take a peek.

Aireen

I'll start...

- Hair shaming people's real hair, whether relaxed or natural. I feel like some people are taking this hair thing too seriously and with that, you have people that choose to be very vocal and insulting when it comes to how people wear their hair. Let people do what they want, if they wanted an opinion, they'd ask. LET THIS BE DEAD IN 2015! :whip:

Aireen

BASIC TWO-TONED BLONDE OMBRÉ MUST BE DEAD ONCE AND FOR ALL. :whip: Thought this fad would die in 2014 but it's still sticking around.

Last edited:

Lissa0821

Duck lips pictures on facebook, instagram, etc............ that poked out lip look works my last nerves every time I see it.

atlien11

Turned up
Turned down
Turn up
Turnip
Turnt and every other version of this word!!

i also second the overdone eyebrows. Sheesh!!

Mahogony7

Hair typing and arguing over hair types. We're black and beautiful with long hair. Let's just enjoy it. No need to put more labels or division amongst us.

Aireen

- Putting too much worth in selfies on social media. Heard people are actually going through with plastic surgery to look better in selfies, it's not that serious.

AyannaDivine

1. Bad customer service. Like seriously, if you want my coin you better treat me like a valued customer.

2. Excessive contouring and highlighting. Freakin' stop!!! Folks be wearing theatrical makeup on a daily basis, talking bout they face is beat. Girl no, your face is busted and you look like a Rupaul's Drag Race contestant.

OK..off my soap box. Pardon my bad English in this post.

sweetvi

Girls posting booty shots on Facebook profiles ...

26,35, 59 inch weaves....just no

Posting of pictures of people who have died and asking us to write rest in peace

BranwenRosewood

Selfies. I hate everything about them. Please stop posting 100 pics a day in various tacky poses, bad makeup and ugly clothes.

Aireen

False eyelashes that look like they're going to fly you to the moon and back. I swear I see girls just shopping in the mall wearing these eyelashes and I never understood why you'd just be shopping for underwear in these dramatic eyelashes. Thought you'd save that for the club or burlesque dancing. :look:

ronie

Platform pumps. I actually can't believe they're still in style.
Lolllllllll
I know. I stopped wearing them 2 years ago. They looked good while the style lasted, but I am so happy to be back in my regular 4 inches. I may go to 4.5 on occasion. No Platform needed.
The ebola outbreak and the making of deadly virus need to die in 2015.
What is wrong with people?

Evolving78

Highlighting and contouring!
People doing hair care videos wearing a weave or clip ins
Natural vs relaxed mess
Companies using vloggers to promote their products. I like honest unbiased reviews