Cherry Lola (2014)

MiamiChic

I believe I did a variation of this method after my hair became highly porous after a dye job. Prior to the treatment, my hair was shedding, it was breaking, it was hard, I had thin strands in my hand every time I put my hands in my hair. After the treatment my hair instantly returned to its former glory and I can say that my hair was SUPER soft and did not tangle what so ever . It was strong, and moisturized. I only did one treatment because I installed braids after my recovery. But I have some of my mixture left over in the freezer so as soon as I take down my braids I will be doing another treatment.

cutiebe2

Do you follow the exact recipe? The one I saw had greek yogurt, raw honey, soy amino acids. Can I use regular honey and yogurt?

Trying this out tomorrow.

IronButterfly

Do you follow the exact recipe? The one I saw had greek yogurt, raw honey, soy amino acids. Can I use regular honey and yogurt?

Trying this out tomorrow.

I used regular plain yogurt and regular (cheap!) honey and my results were nothing less than spectacular.

MiamiChic

I just threw a whole bunch of things that I knew would be good for my hair together. I used two table spoons of Greek yogurt, two table spoons of liquid aminos, added some coconut milk until the mixture was creamy then added some honey and olive oil. My hair was suffering from a dry spell so I wanted my mixture to also give me a nice deep condition. Which it did. I can't wait until my next application. :yep:

cutiebe2

Thanks for the replies. It seems liquid aminos is necessary so I will pick some up. After that I just need my yogurt which I will also get. Going to try this tonight!

MiamiChic

My mix gave me a combination but I followed my mix with Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle conditioner and my hair was SO moisturized. I was actually giving up on this conditioner. But for some reason after doing the treatment then applying the conditioner, my hair took to the conditioner so much better.

Alta Angel

OK, you all are making me want to try this. I was too overwhelmed reading the steps for MH, but this I can do.

MiamiChic

Yeah I decided to take out my braids tonight and somewhat attempt the MHM but my goal is really just try a wash and go for the first time since my hair has grown out. I think the Cherry lola helps with the clumping and helps my hair absorb what I put in it afterwards, even though I didn't use baking soda.

So tonight I will do a modified..."insert method here" :look: (everything really) and let you guys know the results. Because MHM seems rather time consuming as you all said.

bronzephoenix

This thread is right on time! I've been intrigued by the Cherry Lola treatment ever since I read about it in the MHM thread but I couldn't be bothered by all that. I just wanted to try the treatment solo.... This was all I needed. I have the bulk of my regimen down, but was in need of a moisture boosting treatment with natural ingredients. I hope this is it!

Thanks OP :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

OK, you all are making me want to try this. I was too overwhelmed reading the steps for MH, but this I can do.

It really doesn't take that long. I can do it in about 1 hr if I DC over night. And honestly even if it did my hair is so awesome I don't care.

nlamr2013

Nce no one knew about using the liquid amino alone i think I'll try this since I would have all the ingredients anyway.

So the yogurt is just for moisture and protein right?
I'm vegan (mostly) so definitely don't want to use cows milk products in my hair could I replace yogurt with coconut milk. And I may replace the honey with molasses though I don't have an aversion to honey.
And maybe put a tsm of like hibiscus powder or okra gel to thicken if needed.

Lol maybe I'll Google vegan cherry lola right quick lol

MiamiChic

I used coconut milk along with the yogurt because i like the effects of the coconut milk, it is also a light protein treatment so if you substitute it, you would still get the protein along with the aminos. Coconut milk is also rather moisturizing so you should reap all the benefits even without the yogurt.

nlamr2013

Thank yall I'm going to get the supplies tomorrow. I'll report back!
It's just plain yogurt comes in a huuge bowl and I know I won't be using all that.

msbettyboop

Never heard of this. Where can I find out more information about it? Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:

nlamr2013

OK I did it. But smelt of baking soda and soy sauce.
My hair turned out ok. It definitely worked better when I used it as a straightening treatment