Cherry Lola (2014)

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
I think that it might depend on the porosity of your hair. If you have low-porosity hair, then maybe it's possible, not sure. If you have medium to high porosity hair, then I'm guessing not. As far as I can tell, this is a pretty mild protein treatment, unlike some prepacked, manufactured protein treatments. I'm guessing that the protein would simply do its job in filling in the gaps in your hair strands, and any extra would just get washed away.

Oh I'm high porosity for sure. And although my hair adores protein (and truck loads of it)... I don't want to overdose on aminos. I will do my strengthening treatment first, and follow up with this at the halfway mark (6 weeks).

imaginary

Ok great, I have high porosity hair, so I'm gonna be all over this when I take these twists down. Baking soda and my hair is a big no no.

imaginary

So, are you going to do a yogurt conditioning treatment with just the yogurt and the liquid aminos then?

Yeah I think I'm gonna try doing it once with yogurt and then again with conditioner. I think conditioner may work better at helping the aminos really stick seeing as yogurt gets so runny after a while...

smores

I just threw a whole bunch of things that I knew would be good for my hair together. I used two table spoons of Greek yogurt, two table spoons of liquid aminos, added some coconut milk until the mixture was creamy then added some honey and olive oil. My hair was suffering from a dry spell so I wanted my mixture to also give me a nice deep condition. Which it did. I can't wait until my next application. :yep:

Going to try this!!

imaginary

I've been doing cherry lola treatments for the last two wash days, and I'm pretty sure they're here to stay. My hair just feels more substantial and my twists stay neat for longer than a week.

The first one was done with baking soda (less than a teaspoon) and the second one was without. I'm hesitant to compare the two though because while my hair was drier the first wash day, it was also a shampoo day vs. the second wash which was a cowash.

I will say that after immediately rinsing, my hair clumped better when there was baking soda in the mix vs. without. So I'm going to keep playing around with the combinations. I've only used conditioner so far, so the next time I do one, I'm definitely going to have to get yogurt to see if there's a difference.

I'm also going to try and see how this compares with my aphogee 2 min reconstructor and gelatin protein treatments in the future (eventually), but so far I prefer the cherry lola results.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I finally got my liquid Amino's and I can't wait to try this. I will probably do it once my bkt wears off.

imaginary

Mingus Yes and double yes to the clumping and easier detangling. Your experiences with the aphogee and gelatin were right on point, but I wasn't sure if I had been remembering it right. Definitely a staple for me :yep:

Phoenix14

I've been doing cherry lola treatments for the last two wash days, and I'm pretty sure they're here to stay. My hair just feels more substantial and my twists stay neat for longer than a week.

The first one was done with baking soda (less than a teaspoon) and the second one was without. I'm hesitant to compare the two though because while my hair was drier the first wash day, it was also a shampoo day vs. the second wash which was a cowash.

I will say that after immediately rinsing, my hair clumped better when there was baking soda in the mix vs. without. So I'm going to keep playing around with the combinations. I've only used conditioner so far, so the next time I do one, I'm definitely going to have to get yogurt to see if there's a difference.

I'm also going to try and see how this compares with my aphogee 2 min reconstructor and gelatin protein treatments in the future (eventually), but so far I prefer the cherry lola results.

What was the exact order:
1) Shampoo
2) Cherry Lola
3) Deep Condition

ackee walk

i tried this for the first time yesterday and was able to do my first ever wng. never in my life have i ever washed and just gone anywhere. i didn't get as much definition at my roots but my coils were popping otherwise. i imagine that as i get more moisture to my roots that may change. either way, this treatment is amazing. i will be doing this once a month from now on.

AudraChanell

I saw this on her site. How did the have parts turn into tablespoons?
Anyone know?

Yogurt - 2 parts
For the protein and the conditioning properties.

Baking Soda 1/2 part
To make my hair more porous.

Amino Acids 1/2 part
To see what they did.

AudraChanell

I did it tonight. Here's my typical look after conditioning and bottom is after treatment

Attachments

• image-1095332565.jpg
    image-1095332565.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 173

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I finally got my liquid Amino's and I can't wait to try this. I will probably do it once my bkt wears off.

I believe this will make the BKT wear off more quickly. Protein is being more rebuilt in the hair. I use BS, yogurt, blackstrap molasses, amino, and some castor oil.

OhTall1

I did it tonight. Here's my typical look after conditioning and bottom is after treatment
AudraChanell, did you like the results?

I did it a few months ago when I took out my crochet braids. I never keep them out for long and deal with my natural hair, but I did notice that my hair looked different. I'm taking my braids out next week and I plan to keep them out until after the first, so I'll try this again.

aharri23

I need another treatment. I LOVE this treatment. I'm low porosity too. My cruls hang like crazy for about a week after doing this treatment then its back to normal unfortunately. I'm gonna try to do this every 2 weeks.