MHM Hangout

faithVA

[USER=374975 said:
SpiceUpMyHair[/USER];20775941]@fairhva
Oh no not since my big chop a year ago.:ohwell:

That could be your culprit. Protein can only do so much. You don't have to trim but you could probably use a good dusting. If you were able to go that long you have some really healthy hair. :yep: The clay shows me all of my bad ends.

Ann0804

If anyone is interested, I used the coupon code save10 and got $10 off my Q Redew order. I think the code lasts for the month of November.

Once I've used the Q Redew a few times, I'll give you all a short review of it.

Last edited:

faithVA

If anyone is interested, I used the coupon code save10 and got $10 off my Q Redew order. I think the code lasts for the month of November.

Once I've used the Q Redew a few times, I'll give you all a short review of it.

Thank you for sharing that.

faithVA

I tried the rhassoul clay Tuesday with just water and ACV. Last night I tried the pink clay with just water and ACV. The rhassoul is still the winner but both are better than bentonite for me.

With the rhassoul I can use fewer tbsp per session. It applies easier. It's easier to finger detangle. It's less messy. It doesn't stick to everything.it's easier to get the right consistency.

I made the pink clay into a paste in a bowl and added one tbsp of water at a time. I got a thicker consistency and it was less messy. I will probably use this up first and add oil and/or honey to it. Then I will switch over to rhassoul for my clay step.

snoop

I tried the rhassoul clay Tuesday with just water and ACV. Last night I tried the pink clay with just water and ACV. The rhassoul is still the winner but both are better than bentonite for me.

With the rhassoul I can use fewer tbsp per session. It applies easier. It's easier to finger detangle. It's less messy. It doesn't stick to everything.it's easier to get the right consistency.

I made the pink clay into a paste in a bowl and added one tbsp of water at a time. I got a thicker consistency and it was less messy. I will probably use this up first and add oil and/or honey to it. Then I will switch over to rhassoul for my clay step.

Fyi, I use a cheap stick blender I got from Walmart and it makes a huge difference from mixing by hand.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm getting myself ready to start the MHM again in the next couple of weeks. I haven't done it in two weeks since I have faux locs. Yesterday I bought Giovanni leave-in and some shea butter. I really want to incorporate shea butter into my reggie. I'm thinking of using the shea butter as a pre-ACV. When I was relaxed, I would use warm shea butter as a pre-poo to finger detangle. Since doing the MHM I really don't have to finger detangle, cause I don't really have tangles like that. I might use the shea butter as a hot oil treatment or use it mid week to refreshen my hair. IDK.

The next thing that I have to get is some clay and gel. I will be ordering the Rhassoul clay on amazon; probably on Black Friday and also get the gel on black Friday.

For those of you that purchase the gel instead of making your own. Which ones have you found to be effective and are approved for the MHM? I plan on trying out the Kinky gel custard (not sure if I have the name right) but I will be stretching it with water due to how expensive it is; 16.99. I also will be trying out the Giovanni gel; but will probably stretch that too due to cost: 8.99. Do any of yall dilute your gel with water and if so how much water are you using? I'm gonna check marshall's and ross to see if they have the gel. I checked last time and they didn't have the gel.

faithVA

Fyi, I use a cheap stick blender I got from Walmart and it makes a huge difference from mixing by hand.

I really only have an issue with knowing the amount of water to use. The pink clay is so thin it tends to be watery. So far just shaking it with the acv added smoothies it out.

faithVA

I'm getting myself ready to start the MHM again in the next couple of weeks. I haven't done it in two weeks since I have faux locs. Yesterday I bought Giovanni leave-in and some shea butter. I really want to incorporate shea butter into my reggie. I'm thinking of using the shea butter as a pre-ACV. When I was relaxed, I would use warm shea butter as a pre-poo to finger detangle. Since doing the MHM I really don't have to finger detangle, cause I don't really have tangles like that. I might use the shea butter as a hot oil treatment or use it mid week to refreshen my hair. IDK.

The next thing that I have to get is some clay and gel. I will be ordering the Rhassoul clay on amazon; probably on Black Friday and also get the gel on black Friday.

For those of you that purchase the gel instead of making your own. Which ones have you found to be effective and are approved for the MHM? I plan on trying out the Kinky gel custard (not sure if I have the name right) but I will be stretching it with water due to how expensive it is; 16.99. I also will be trying out the Giovanni gel; but will probably stretch that too due to cost: 8.99. Do any of yall dilute your gel with water and if so how much water are you using? I'm gonna check marshall's and ross to see if they have the gel. I checked last time and they didn't have the gel.

I don't know that Shea butter before and ACV rinse is going to work for you. You will probably need a stronger cleaner than that. Pinkecube cleaning methods are only suggested for water based ingredients. If you try it let us know how it works.

Ann0804

I'm going to try this method because for some reason I could not get my homemade clay mixed up right and it wouldn't rinse out my hair.

aharri23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj-R26SAzXY

Did anyone see this video? I know it isnt the exact same as MHM but it is pretty similar and I don't think she gave any credit to pinke, danabnatural, aketafitgirl, etc and is claiming it to be one of her methods

EDIT: Ok so this business clearly copy-catted the MHM method :lachen: but added 2 extra steps that dont even make sense. If you read the method on the website some of the stuff is exactly worded like pinke wrote it. Pretty sad TBH because they're acting like they came up with this and the products are expensive. It cost $100 for the whole set. They didnt give any credit to anyone.

Last edited:

faithVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj-R26SAzXY

Did anyone see this video? I know it isnt the exact same as MHM but it is pretty similar and I don't think she gave any credit to pinke, danabnatural, aketafitgirl, etc and is claiming it to be one of her methods

EDIT: Ok so this business clearly copy-catted the MHM method :lachen: but added 2 extra steps that dont even make sense. If you read the method on the website some of the stuff is exactly worded like pinke wrote it. Pretty sad TBH because they're acting like they came up with this and the products are expensive. It cost $100 for the whole set. They didnt give any credit to anyone.

Yes tashboog saw it last week. She deleted her post so we wouldn't get distracted since the thread was so new.

My view is that even though there are some similarities it's not worth even noticing. It's longer than MHM; more steps; more expensive. It also has the conditioner after the mud and it uses coconut oil. This would not work for exactly the people pinkecube was trying to help; type 4 low porosity.

Mhm has taken off. I don't think this other one will.

Last edited:

hairtimes5

I tried rhassoul last night and you were right faithVA, I definitely like it better than the bentonite. It went on better and I like the way it feels. I felt like I used more though but it could've been that I was more heavy handed with it since it was smoother. The main rhing I noticed was that my hair was curly with the rhassoul in it. When I use bentonite my hair is pretty much straight. My scalp doesn't feel dry and tight either like it does when I use bentonite. Yeah I'll be sticking with this for now.

hairtimes5

I like Hello Curly. It costs more than KCCC, but you get more so it's cheaper per ounce. I was diluting it by putting some into another bottle and adding water but now I pump a little into my hand and then run my hand under the shower stream to get a little puddle of water into it. So I guess I still dilute it, just in my hands. A little goes a long way with this product too. My hair kept coming out crunchy till I realized I was using way too much.

AJellyCake

Love this thread! I really like that you ask people to state if they're using unapproved products. I don't want newbies/lurkers to get confused.

1. Which regimen are you doing? Pinkecube's

2. When did you start the regimen? August 2014. Then I restarted in September or October because I was using a conditioner with ingredients that weren't approved.

3. How often do you do the method?
Varies depending on my laziness. :look: At least once a week and as frequently as every other day (after the induction period). Generally every 2-3 days or so.

4. Benefits seen so far
Increased elasticity: my curls no longer stretch so much that I can't wear them out after a day.

Increased moisture: my hair is soft, moisturized, and happy!

Increased definition: this is actually more apparent and improved on my tighter curls than the looser ones. The 4a parts of my hair really love MHM. The 3c parts are satisfied.

Fewer SSKs, when I don't neglect my hair. I'm due for my regular dusting, and my ends don't feel chewed up.

Fewer tangles

Can wash my hair without sections

Hair stays defined and moisturized for dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys

Less expensive regimen

5. Anything else you would like to share.
The timing of this is still a pain, but I do know as my hair gets more hydrated, I have to do less to it, including in the styling step.

6. Starting Photo: (Wash 1)
:( I didn't take one before I started.

7. Current Picture if you have one.
Maybe I'll take a picture later. :lol:

8. List your steps and products.
1. Clarify: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner + baking soda + water
2. Condition: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner + water. Sometimes I use Jessicurl TooShea.
3. Mud: Aztec Secret Bentonite clay + water + honey + olive oil + (sometimes (M) ACV)
4. Leave-In: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner + water
5. Seal: Homemade flaxseed gel + Hello Curly gel

Last edited:

JRiley

OMG! I tried this method today and was floored by my results. I was hesitating at first because I have about 70% 3C and 30% 4A, and thought this only worked for 4a and up. Boy was I wrong. Every natural needs to incorporate this into their regimen!

faithVA

OMG! I tried this method today and was floored by my results. I was hesitating at first because I have about 70% 3C and 30% 4A, and thought this only worked for 4a and up. Boy was I wrong. Every natural needs to incorporate this into their regimen!

Glad you liked it JRiley. What did you like about it.

aharri23

Love this thread! I really like that you ask people to state if they're using unapproved products. I don't want newbies/lurkers to get confused.

1. Which regimen are you doing? Pinkecube's

2. When did you start the regimen? August 2014. Then I restarted in September or October because I was using a conditioner with ingredients that weren't approved.

3. How often do you do the method?
Varies depending on my laziness. :look: At least once a week and as frequently as every other day (after the induction period). Generally every 2-3 days or so.

4. Benefits seen so far
Increased elasticity: my curls no longer stretch so much that I can't wear them out after a day.

Increased moisture: my hair is soft, moisturized, and happy!

Increased definition: this is actually more apparent and improved on my tighter curls than the looser ones. The 4a parts of my hair really love MHM. The 3c parts are satisfied.

Fewer SSKs, when I don't neglect my hair. I'm due for my regular dusting, and my ends don't feel chewed up.

Fewer tangles

Can wash my hair without sections

Hair stays defined and moisturized for dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys

Less expensive regimen

5. Anything else you would like to share.
The timing of this is still a pain, but I do know as my hair gets more hydrated, I have to do less to it, including in the styling step.

6. Starting Photo: (Wash 1)
:( I didn't take one before I started.

7. Current Picture if you have one.
Maybe I'll take a picture later. :lol:

8. List your steps and products.
1. Clarify: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner + baking soda + water
2. Condition: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner + water. Sometimes I use Jessicurl TooShea.
3. Mud: Aztec Secret Bentonite clay + water + honey + olive oil + (sometimes (M) ACV)
4. Leave-In: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner + water
5. Seal: Homemade flaxseed gel + Hello Curly gel

I re-visited my Trader Joes Tea Tre Tingle Condish last two washes and realized I like it better than tresemme radiant volume and it can be found on the ground unlike the radiant volume, however trader joes is 45 minutes away from me so I have to stock up whenever I go. I really want to try hello curly but im not sure if she is still selling it? Anyone know?

AJellyCake

I buy my Hello Curly from Hattache. It's annoying that so few online vendors sell it (I think just Hattache and the Hello Curly website). But Hattache's shipping is decently priced and very quick!

ETA: in another thread someone shared the news the owner was going to stop making it, but then she changed her mind. I don't know all the details, and I haven't had to repurchase in a while.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I did a modified version of it to try it out. I will share the results. I clarified with apple cider vinegar. I then did a DC with molasses and Cantu shea butter conditioner. I rinsed out and then did a Co wash with KK knot today. I then left some in and put a little KFC on top. I could really see my texture and did a test strand to see if I could pull off a WNG. I don't have enough texture at 6 months post. :lol: I will be doing mine at night and every 3 days. I believe that this will help me with the transition and also help me get enough confidence to do my own BC.

Rain20

The Terra Veda products look pretty good. If u buy individual products they are no more expensive than other products. She was doing seminars back in July according to her website. It takes awhile to develop a product line. I am not sure she directly copied this method.

I may try a couple of products.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I did a modified version of it to try it out. I will share the results. I clarified with apple cider vinegar. I then did a DC with molasses and Cantu shea butter conditioner. I rinsed out and then did a Co wash with KK knot today. I then left some in and put a little KFC on top. I could really see my texture and did a test strand to see if I could pull off a WNG. I don't have enough texture at 6 months post. :lol: I will be doing mine at night and every 3 days. I believe that this will help me with the transition and also help me get enough confidence to do my own BC.

Do u intend on using clay