MAX HYDRATION PRODUCTS THREAD

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
OK, we know the methods but what products are people using? The thread is too big and some don't name products that work and those that don't work for this method. I apologize if there is a similar thread, but help me out anyway....PLEASE!?:help:

faithVA

People are using approved and non approved just so you know.

I am using curl ecstasy, naturelle grow and jessicurl for my conditioners. Rhassoul clay and pink clay. I use kknt for my leave in and came rose almond jai for styling.

DDTexlaxed

Ok, I have not heard about most products you used. Can you please tell me what company makes Curl Ecstasy?

faithVA

Ok, I have not heard about most products you used. Can you please tell me what company makes Curl Ecstasy?

Curls makes curl ecstasy. Its OK. Naturelle grow (brand) is my favorite. I'm still experimenting with the Jessicurl.

faithVA

You know pinkecube website has a list of the approved products right? Have you checked it out?

DDTexlaxed

No haven't heard of it. I must research. Thanks, because I just recently heard of the max hydration method. :blush:

jlatr

I use acv+water, trader joe's tea tree tingle conditioner as a deep conditioner, pinke's clay recipe, diluted kinky curly knot today as a leave in and kinky curly custard as a sealant.

I am happy with all of the products. I experimented with tresemme, devacurl one, homemade flax seed gel, and Darcy's pumpkin seed conditioner. The diluted kckt and tjtt are the best so far!

gorgeoushair

Thanks for posting this thread DDTexlaxed.

Yes, there is an approved list on her site but I am sure she hasn't checked all the product lines out there. The people who are PJs and who are.following this regimen should list the products that they find meet the qualifications of this regimen that's not on her page. We should also list the products on her site here in the thread. Actually I think it should have already been listed when the thread was started. That would make it easier cause that's a very long thread.faithVA

myfaithrising

This is great info, just make sure that if you fall into the LoPo group you read up on why certain ingredients are not recommended so that if you want to try something not specifically on the approved list you'll know what to look for or rather what you should perhaps avoid. Any who, for step 1 I use either the baking soda/ conditioner combo or a melted shampoo bar/conditioner combo. I alternate and they both work well for my hair. I deep condition with every wash and I use either a concoction of stuff I have to get rid of or I use my beloved Jessicurl deep conditioner. I just bought the crece pelo which is in my hair now so the verdict is not in yet. For the clay I use a 2/3 bentonite and 1/3 rhassoul clay mix adding oils and honey and sometimes a bit of coconut milk powder. For the leave in I alternate between the kinky curly knot today and the approved Tresemme with sweet orange and lemongrass. The kckt absorbs better but the tresemme feels better to me, idk so I keep both in rotation. I make my own flaxgel but in a pinch kinky curly curling custard works although it has to be diluted in order for me to avoid a sticky, takes forever to dry, white balls in my hair, nightmare. I'm now using argan oil under my gel but I'm thinking that once it gets super cold, I may switch to a light butter. I really hope this helps and that you find the products that work for you!!

Guinan

Re-Branding
The products I use are:

Approved: Tressume lemon grass conditioner, ACV, flaxseed gel, bentonite clay

Not Approved: Millcreek botanicals, Aphogee 2min, 2tbs of eco styler gel mixed with water and sometimes Herbal essence HH conditioner.

The approved products work better for my hair; however I stan for Millcreek. I have been using Millcreek as my protein for yrs.

charmtreese

People are using approved and non approved just so you know.

I am using curl ecstasy, naturelle grow and jessicurl for my conditioners. Rhassoul clay and pink clay. I use kknt for my leave in and came rose almond jai for styling.

How do you like this so far? Do you use it for twisting your hair? How does it dry?

faithVA

[USER=4606 said:
gorgeoushair[/USER];20740743]Thanks for posting this thread DDTexlaxed.

Yes, there is an approved list on her site but I am sure she hasn't checked all the product lines out there. The people who are PJs and who are.following this regimen should list the products that they find meet the qualifications of this regimen that's not on her page. We should also list the products on her site here in the thread. Actually I think it should have already been listed when the thread was started. That would make it easier cause that's a very long thread.faithVA

I see you mentioned me. Is there something you are asking me? Or is there something you are asking me to do? I'm not sure why you mentioned me.

faithVA

[USER=21827 said:
charmtreese[/USER];20741479]How do you like this so far? Do you use it for twisting your hair? How does it dry?

It's fair. I probably won't repurchase. I'm not sure what I don't like about it.

I use it for my flat twist but I haven't tried it on a twist out. So I really don't know how it dries or what the results are.

My hair isn't the best with product so I'm really not a great person to give a review. I probably can't name one styler that has wowed me.

Ann0804

The products I use and like are:

Approved: Apple cider vinegar, KCKT, jessicurl too shea, jessicurl deep conditioning treatment, curl junkie curl rehab, KCCC, terriesentials left coast lemon.

Haven't tried any non approved items when doing this method.

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
I'm slowly working my way through the approved MHM product list. Here's what I've tried so far.

Conditioners
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle - Preferred conditioner. I use it for all steps that require a conditioner. It's my favorite of the three I have tried.

Approved Tressemme - This will be my backup. It's inexpensive and lasts a long time. It does leave a slight build up on my hair that the Trader Joe's doesn't.

Kinky Curly Tiny Twirls - This is pretty good. Not my favorite and on the more expensive side. Performs similarly to the TTT. I will not be repurchasing when I finish the bottle.

Clays
Aztec Bentonite Clay - Preferred clay. My hair likes this best of all the clays. My scalp also responds best to this. I get hair that is moisturized and clumped. I have to make sure that I make this smooth enough to rinse out cleanly though. I just use the clay and water. No oils or ACV. Inexpensive and I can get in on the ground.

Rhassoul Clay - This is a step below. It is more expensive for me and I have to order this online. Doesn't see to clean my scalp as well as the bentonite clay. I've decided to use this around once a month when I feel my hair/scalp doesn't need the same level of clarification as the bentonite clay

Gels for Wash and Gos
Kinky Curly Curling Custard - Preferred gel. I can get this one on the ground. When diluted, I get soft and defined hair. It doesn't define the more stubborn sections of my hair as well but I get the most volume from this.

Hello Curly - Close second. If I want to define the stubborn sections of hair I use this. This weighs down my hair more than KCCC and any other gel I have used. I have to dilute this one also. Dries soft. I can currently get this one on the ground.

CC Naturals Flaxseed Gel - I asked PinkeCube about the ingredients to this gel and she said it was MHM approved. This gel leaves my hair soft and defined also. Unfortunately, I have to use it full strength. So although it's cheaper than the above gels, I use it up faster. If I could dilute it, this would be my number 1 gel. This company usually has great Black Friday sales so I'll be stocking up. It's also not as hard to handle as KCCC.

Afoveda Pur Whipped Gelly - I like this one also however it has a few no-no ingredients. It's thicker then the other gels but still light. I get volume with this one and it dries the fastest for me. It's very similar to KCCC but I will reserve it for occasional use because of the ingredient list. I can also get this one on the ground.

Creams (Twistouts)
Blue Roze Beauty Creamy Custard - I use this product for dry twistouts. This left my hair soft. It's a bit runny in consistency and lighter than I originally thought. I tried this on wet hair but prefer how my hair feels using this on dry hair.

Blue Roze Beauty Flaxseed Cream Gel - I was hoping to use this as an alternative to gels for the winter. This doesn't define my hair as well as the gels so I will be using the remainder for twistouts. It has a very soft hold. I prefer the Creamy Custard so this won't be a repurchase.

Honey Bee

DDTexlaxed, Is your hair lo po? It's important because, if you really listen to Pinke Cube's logic, a lot of products are approved or not based on how well they work on lo po hair specifically.

In my case, I'm somewhere between normal- high porosity. I don't personally believe that, ie, hydrolized silk will have an adverse effect on *my* hair.

gorgeoushair

I see you mentioned me. Is there something you are asking me? Or is there something you are asking me to do? I'm not sure why you mentioned me.

I don't want u to do anything. I was responding to your post telling DDTexlaxed to check out Pinkecube's page.

GGsKin

For step 1, I alternate between a water and Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother) mix, or the baking soda and conditioner (diluted with warm water). For conditioner I use Kinky Curly Knot Today (recently started diluting to the recommended ratios- something in me didn't think it would work as well diluted) and I find this absorbed into my hair easier. I use Aztec Bentonite clay, and Kinky Curly Curling Custard if I seal.