Vo5 key lime clarifying conditioner
Or Hairveda amla cream rinse

Deep condition pre poo once a week with: at least an hour

Hairveda moisturePro
Or
Hairveda moisture 24/7
Or
Hairveda Strinillah

And Njoy Growth Oil (usually apply the night before wash day)

Two step protein treatment every month:
Hairveda Methi Sativa
Or
Aphogee Two Step followed by Strinillah

Moisturize every other day with Hairveda Busy Izzie and Hairveda Green tea oil

Leave ins:
Kinky Curly knot Today
HV Moisture 24/7

Stylers:
Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls
KK Curling Custard
Ecostyler pink

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
The humidity is killing me. This frizz and puffiness is not the hotness

OMG...this^^^^^^

My hair was so dry and thirsty, I did a co wash yesterday with Silk Dreams Destination Hydration, left some in then braided my hair in 3 braids. I'm just throwing a beanie over them when I need to go somewhere. I look a hot mess but my hair feels so much better. My son has a football game tomorrow so not taking the braids down until then.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
So havilland's post had me thinking about my regimen. Depending on how my hair behaves/feels mainly determine what I do, however I always:

Do an Aphogee 2 step protein treatment and mini-trim every 3 months. I get highlights in my hair every summer, so protein is important to my hair. Also, when I say mini-trim, I mean mini...like-1/4 -an -inch-mini) Last one was this month so next one will be in November.

In between that, I keep my hair conditioned and moisturized. Styling really doesn't matter as I love switching it up! I like to wear my hair pressed straight, Bantu knots, roller sets, braidouts, ponytails and buns! I don't limit myself! When I get sick of it all, I may get some braids or a sew-in to give myself AND my hair a break. This normally happens in the winter round Jan and then again in the summer time, cause it's either too cold or too hot to be fooling with my hair.

Products are always from Silk Dreams. However when I'm craving to use other products, I will go to Whole Foods and pick up a conditioner...as I loveeee conditioning my hair!

This is the sew-in style I plan on getting in Jan.

Last edited:

Rae81

Abut to start twisting my hair up, even though I don't feel like it. But I'm going on vacation next week and don't want to have to deal with my hair

mz.rae

I can't wait for it to start cooling down I'm ready to straighten my hair again. I thinking I prefer to wear my hair straight more than curly.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
So I have a hair appt on Tuesday and I think I'm going to let her just blow it out and do some barrel curls all over. I've decided to save the full press for every 6 months instead of every month like I usually do. I want to be surprised instead of always knowing exactly how long my hair has grown. Besides I love curls more anyway! :)

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Second day hair in a bun.

I used Natures gate aloe Vera conditioner to get my hair to behave. It has alot of glycerin in it, Which my hair hated when I was relaxed.

Attachments

• image-1095325427.jpg
    image-1095325427.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 120

Lita

Hi! Its that time of year..Yep..Season change,when my hair wants to do the shed thing,so I have to bring out my glycerin free leave-in's....My hair has a mind of her own,she likes to act out at times..Bipolar to say the least..lol..

Happy Hair Growing!

havilland

Why do I keep trying wash n go? Why why why??

I think when my hair is longer,in 50-11 years, it will look better in a WNG.

But for now....

I haven't perfected the products, the technique, the patience....I don't have enough liquor in the house....don't know the number to the hair hotline....don't have my Prozac prescription filled....... LOL :p

i wouldn't leave the house like this, but this is the best result I have had so far....

Attachments

• image-4007152544.jpg
    image-4007152544.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 139

TraciChanel

^^ I know how you feel about the WNG's! You have pretty waves/curls. Have you tried wet bunning? I was in a WNG challenge this summer, but it just didn't look right. So I would pull it back in a wet bun. Loved it :yep:

Love this thread, btw.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

havilland

^^ I know how you feel about the WNG's! You have pretty waves/curls. Have you tried wet bunning? I was in a WNG challenge this summer, but it just didn't look right. So I would pull it back in a wet bun. Loved it :yep:

Love this thread, btw.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Thanks ;)

Yes. I live in a wet bun, ponytail or similar. That's pretty much what I do everyday. I am trying to branch out. But so far es no bueno.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

But for now....

I haven't perfected the products, the technique, the patience....I don't have enough liquor in the house....don't know the number to the hair hotline....don't have my Prozac prescription filled....... LOL :p

i wouldn't leave the house like this, but this is the best result I have had so far....

:lachen::lol::lachen::lol::lachen::lol::lachen::lol:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

But for now....

i wouldn't leave the house like this, but this is the best result
---------------------

I feel you and lol at the liquor! When I wash and don't feel like styling, I will add a leave in and let it airdry. I never really like it cause it makes my color look kinda washed out....perhaps because I'm used to seeing my hair smooth (and not it's own curls) I don't know?

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
September hair plans:
Week 1: Blow out/barrel curls at the salon. Lawd my stylist can do a mean scalp massage at the wash bowl. I'm tooooooo excited to sit back, relax and just let somebody else do my hair. I always maintain my salon hair with Bantu knots until it gets greasy and weighed down

Week 2: Wash, deeeeeep condition and rollerset (my favorite)

Weeks 3/4: Cowashes only and wear curly (braidouts turned buns and ponytails) until my next salon visit in October

I want to commit to drinking more water and taking a Multi-vitamin. My kids are heading back to school tomorrow so I can also restart my yoga and Zumba classes. (Woot-woot)

These are the plans, but then again my hair normally eats and spits out my plans so we will see if she can be tamed this month.

davisbr88

I'm about to start training for a 5K I'm going to run in December, and don't think I'm going to feel like messing with my hair between now and then. I'm about to throw some twists up in this piece and take them out after the run.
I love being flexible! :)

Lita

Plan for September,do more lose bun twist-outs,large corn-rolls...I may cut my bang..Might.

Happy Hair Growing!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I went to the salon, got a blow out and barrel/wand curls.

I learned 3 things:
The Best
My hair gets pretty straight with just a blowout. The curls turned out beautiful & just the way I like them. My hair is sooooo soft. She only used a heat protectant in my hair after the wash process. Nothing else...so my hair is scarey feathery light. I will continue with this style going foward for all my visits .

The Good
My rollersets that I do at home look darn near close to my salon results. However my roller set hair never feels like my blowdried hair...not even remotely close.

The Ugly
I can see a huge difference between my unrelaxed and my relaxed hair. I am half and half and the unrelaxed roots are so beautiful with just the right amount of natural frizz, so much body and is blinged out shiney. The relaxed ends are frizz city and looks a little dryer for my liking. But it's all good...it's causing me to see my hairs potential on 100% unrelaxed hair.

Last edited:

havilland

I saw a natural sis running on the treadmill at the gym today. Her curls were WNG. She had them out just swinging as she ran. No frizz. No puffiness. Just bouncing along.....

Her hair was probably BSL stretched.

I'm not gonna lie. I was JELLY!

Me and WNG are.the young and the restless.

havilland

Today I had to explain shrinkage to a Caucasian co worker who thought I cut my hair because my ponytail was curled up.........

Too funny. The look on her face when I pulled a strand of hair to stretch it straight to show the length. She just looked in disbelief and shock then proceeded to tell me about the trials of having extra fine wispy bone straight blonde hair. I had to laugh because when it comes to hair, we as women are truly all very similar AND very different at the same time. Lol ;)

This is the reference pic that I showed her for shock value: I love this example that a fellow lhcf lady posted awhile back. Not sure of the source.

Attachments

• image-2583832000.jpg
    image-2583832000.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 160

z3000zee

Today I had to explain shrinkage to a Caucasian co worker who thought I cut my hair because my ponytail was curled up.........

Too funny. The look on her face when I pulled a strand of hair to stretch it straight to show the length. She just looked in disbelief and shock then proceeded to tell me about the trials of having extra fine wispy bone straight blonde hair. I had to laugh because when it comes to hair, we as women are truly all very similar AND very different at the same time. Lol ;)

This is the reference pic that I showed her for shock value: I love this example that a fellow lhcf lady posted awhile back. Not sure of the source.

That picture is a perfect example. Love it.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Did 4 Bantu knots on my blown out hair after setting with coconut oil. I felt sooooooo Diana Ross'ish. lol

Last edited: