Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2013/2014

faithVA

Re: Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2013

My ends are breaking like crazy as usual :ohwell: I think that little bit of protein last weekend pushed them over the edge. Next time I will remember to coat my ends with a moisturizing DC and then apply the strengthening DC to the rest of the hair.

I tried to be more gentle with my hair while detangling yesterday :look: DCd with HydraThermal Naturals Moisturizing DC and made sure to coat the ends. Then I coated my strands and ends well with Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. Then followed that up with Nubian Heritage Wrap Leave-in.

I thought using a comb to detangle was pulling hair out but when I twisted my hair, the hair was just breaking and coming out.

Hopefully I can improve my moisture game in the next few months and I will see better ends in April.

When I took down my twists this morning my ends seemed ok. So not a total fail.

SmileyNY

Sign me up! I just cut my hair from just barely grazing WL to a full BSL. I want to try my best to baby my new ends and keep them healthy.

sckri23

I did my first real m&s in months. No wonder I stopped, that is alot of work for a lazy person. But I will try not to slack off this time.

Swype thinks weird and wierd are both correct

faithVA

I did my first real m&s in months. No wonder I stopped, that is alot of work for a lazy person. But I will try not to slack off this time.

Girl you got some good hair. If I didn't M&S in months my hair would promptly proceed to jump off my head in revolt :lol:

sckri23

Girl you got some good hair. If I didn't M&S in months my hair would promptly proceed to jump off my head in revolt :lol:

I spritz everyday but I don't really moisturize in sections and focus on the ends like I should

lusciousladie07

I washed my hair tonight so I put in my kinky curly knot today and oyin handmade spritz leave in and sealed with hydrathermal naturals oil. Placed them in cornrow twists to dry overnight.

TheVioletVee

Just finishing doing my first henna treatment. Hopefully, it will bring strength to my ends.

FoxxyLocs

Haven't posted in this thread yet, but I'm still focusing on my ends. I've been M & S every other day with conditioner and castor oil, wearing braids in a bun, and dusting monthly.

Prettycoach

Sign me up. Hope I am not too late lol. I am natural and have shoulder length hair. I am trying to keep my ends healthy. I moisture and seal everyday to every other day. I am trying the LCO method. I use kinky kurly knot today. As I am double buttercream and jojoba oil to seal. Then I twist my hair into two big twists to the side and join them in the back. I leave it like that til wash day on Fridays lol.

curlycrown85

Hope it's not too late to join.

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc
NATURAL

2. Current Hair Length
The back of my hair when stretched touches my collarbone. The sides touch my shoulders. The front touches my nose.

3. Any issue(s) you are having with your ends
Single strand knots, split ends, thinning, etc.

4. What you have tried to improve your ends
I am now moisturizing and twisting my hair nightly. Adding oil as I take the twists down in the morning. Deep conditioning using the baggy method weekly. Detangle monthly. Clip single strand knots instead of ignore them.

5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends
I want to try oil rinsing and continue to be persistent with moisturizing my hair DAILY. I need to find more protective hair styles.

curlycrown85

So, I have been diligent about moisturizing and sealing daily with Shea Moisture products and coconut oil. I usually wash every week, but I'm thinking about stretching my wash to two or three weeks, since my hair feels more and more moisturized with each day that I moisturize and avoid washing.

I'm shocked at how much my ends have improved just from me taking the time out to twist nightly (which keeps it stretched out), moisturize, and seal. Super confident that if I keep it up, this year, I will retain much more length than last year.

faithVA

After I sealed with oil, I was using Nubian Heritage Leave-in. I thought about it yesterday and realize that has protein in it. So I will put that aside and not use it as often. I don't need protein in my hair weekly.

Since wearing my hair in finger coils, I haven't been moisturizing my ends. But maybe this week I will try applying a little diluted conditioner across the top too see if I can add a little moisture without unraveling my coils.

Angel of the North

After I sealed with oil, I was using Nubian Heritage Leave-in. I thought about it yesterday and realize that has protein in it. So I will put that aside and not use it as often. I don't need protein in my hair weekly

faithVA This was a problem I was having with my moisturisers, they all seemed to contain some form of protein. I want to be in total control of the protein that goes on my hair. I'm currently using Kera Care naturals hair milk, which is protein free, I have Bee Mine Deja's milk which is also protein free, I haven't used it yet but I have great hopes for it. I want a couple of staple moisturisers that are protein free and one that has a little protein in, I also want at least one of them to be available on the ground hence the KC.

My ends are doing great, I haven't had to baggy them for a couple of weeks. They are holding moisture and not looking so bad, I'm liking the avocado oil on my ends and I think double sealing with the 365 hair smoothie are really helping. I'm feeling confident that when I get my trim at the end of March I won't have to get too much cut off.

Adornment 365 hair smoothie ingredients: Babassu oil, shea butter, monoi de tahiti oil, bay oil, ylang ylang, rosemary oil, cederwood oil, sweet, almond oil and coconut oil.

I think they've changed the way they mix it because it is now more of a butter consistency, before it was almost like a whipped mouse, much lighter, I liked it before but I love it now, if I rub it between my fingers, I can still get a similar consistency as before.

faithVA

^^Thanks Angel. I will keep that in mind when I get ready to get a moisturizer. I have a few samples to run through first and then I will be in the market.

Evolving78

i did the LOC method to moisturize and seal. i didn't bun my hair this time, i braided the back and sides. i just wanted to try another protective style. my ends seem to be doing alright so far. i think the light protein treatments are helping. plus, i am scissor happy anyway.

coyacoy

Been pretty consistent m&s daily or every other at minimum ....had really been slacking with using heavy protein and my ends have been paying the price.....seeing improvements since becoming more diligent with both

Babygrowth

This challenge is for everyone who wants to focus on healthier ends. We know our hair is always growing and that healthy ends are key to retention.

If you
1. had healthy ends but damaged them in some way
2. have ends that are dry, brittle, bushy
3. have ends that are thin, breaking or brittle
4. have breakage you just want to get rid of
5. have healthy ends and want to keep them that way
6. or fill in the blank

this challenge is for you.

To join, post
1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc
2. Current Hair Length
3. Any issue(s) you are having with your ends
4. What you have tried to improve your ends
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends

Retention is an ongoing thing so if you join please be committed to updating at least 1x a month.

I would like to join if its not too late.
1. I am relaxed but my ends are texlaxed
2. Short
3. Dry but okay (mostly due to winter)
4. M/S, airdrying, trimming, deep conditioning, no heat
5. M/S 2x daily, half hood dry/half air dry with scarf method, cornrows exclusively under wigs or scarf and hat, dusting via lunar method, finding products that work and stick with them, no direct heat, deep conditioning weekly

lusciousladie07

Been m&s almost every night. DC'ing twice a week and twisting . I also did a trim/cut on sat to get rid of damaged ends. I have been seeing some nice moisture retention so far.

lamaria211

My ends are doing great, I've been using a new method I learned on YouTube of protecting my ends and its definitely going to be apart of my routine for the long hall

faithVA

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=155092" said:
lamaria211[/URL];17751203]My ends are doing great, I've been using a new method I learned on YouTube of protecting my ends and its definitely going to be apart of my routine for the long hall

You need to come in here and 'pologize. How do you come in this thread talking about something that works and don't share the method or the yt video? :spank:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL

Sealed length with HH Lav & Van Butter, concentrating on my ends.

curlycrown85

Sealed my ends:
  • Last night with Coconut Oil
  • This morning with Castor Oil
  • And at this moment I'm twisting with Shea Moisture's Curl Milk. Can't decide what to seal it with, yet.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

I've been pretty consistent about moisturizing my ends and I just started using almond oil as a sealant. I may switch to grapeseed oil though.

FoxxyLocs

I dusted my ends with my last wash. Dusting monthly seems to be working well for keeping ssks at bay. I know I'm not getting all of my splits when I dust, so I may need to trim when I straighten again.