Naturally Flexible Support Thread

cherryhair123

Girl be careful with those public bathroom sinks! Who knows what kind of crap is making it's way into your hair/head. Just my 2 cents...:nono:

But on a positive note...your hair looks great!:yep:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Girl be careful with those public bathroom sinks! Who knows what kind of crap is making it's way into your hair/head. Just my 2 cents...:nono:

But on a positive note...your hair looks great!:yep:

:lachen: i didn't "literally" put my head in the sink....i splashed water all over my head to re-wet it and start my style over for the day.:yep:

havilland

Here's my new joint!

Co wash.

Deep condition or deep condition prepoo

Then use Vo5 leave in. AND Kinky Curly Knot Today

Apply my styler of choice which for now is Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft curls

AND apply Eco styler pink

Best wash n go ever! Finally I cracked the code.
My hair is soft. Curly. And manageable. Presentable. And not a knarled bird's nest at the end of the day. Yay!

My hair held up all day. I think it's true that your moisture levels over time as a natural get better and your hair gets more "saturated". Time and products and patience are key to making this work.

Attachments

• image-1276341333.jpg
    image-1276341333.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2832430294.jpg
    image-2832430294.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 88
  • image-4237290426.jpg
    image-4237290426.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 114

havilland

My banana clip pony with the new regimen. I call it the 60-12 product regi! But hey. It's finally working for me

Attachments

• image-2564242727.jpg
    image-2564242727.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 102

havilland

I flat ironed and trimmed yesterday.

I'm very happy with my progress so far.

Attachments

• image-15765536.jpg
    image-15765536.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 81

havilland

So mad this morning. I have to rinse out my hair. Gel residue left all kinds of flakes in the front of my flat ironed hair. The Ecostyler gel and edge control do not mix. I repeat DO NOT MIX.

I am so mad I have to wet my hair and undo my work from the weekend! :(

beauti

Yayyy! THIS is my new home! :clap: I'm a Newborn natural as of June 28. I transitioned for 21 months before chopping off 9 inched of relaxed hair. l love relaxed hair and still stalk relaxed threads :sekret: but it just wasn't for me. This new hair journey has been pleasant so far and I'm excited to keep on this new quest :spinning: these are transitioning pics of protective styles. I did buns, braids, twists, weaves and wigs the past 21 months :spinning:

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1385986302000 (1).jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1385986302000 (1).jpg
    126 KB · Views: 92
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1388962468000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1388962468000.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 87
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1391555151000 (1).jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1391555151000 (1).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 77
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1388752298000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1388752298000.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 74
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1388962468000 (1).jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1388962468000 (1).jpg
    124 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

beauti

I even colored my hair during my transition but went back to dark hair. The third pic is the day of my bc and fourth pic is naked hair no product. Last pic is damp bun I wore for few days

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1383618264000 (2).jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1383618264000 (2).jpg
    131 KB · Views: 84
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1383615523000 (2).jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1383615523000 (2).jpg
    108 KB · Views: 64
  • this.jpg
    this.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 71
  • wet hair.jpg
    wet hair.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 77
  • bun%0A.jpg
    bun%0A.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

beauti

These are the styles I think I will stick with other than a wet bun.

Right now my regimen is very simple: cowash up to three times a week. I guess my goal is shoulder length hair by the end of the year. Right now I'm at neck length

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1404672136000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1404672136000.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 83
  • art.jpg
    art.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 65
  • P160714_02.40_[01].jpg
    P160714_02.40_[01].jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

havilland

The trim worked out well for me. And it took me about an hour to blow dry and flat iron my hair so I feel good about that. Now I need to change up my products. I think I will try the entire chi line next time I flat iron. The conditioner and the serum.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have been doing the ghe everyday this week. My hair feels moist and strong. Im going to wash and redo my celies this weekend. Come on summer growth spurt. I want bsl like now :yep:

havilland

Tried a wash n go it was a total fail. My hair shrinks up so bad
Have u ever tried applying your products and then putting your hair in a ponytail to stretch it? Let it dry for a few hours and then take it out and shake it. Apply more gel if needed and see if that works. That method helps me stretch some without heat and applying twists which I don't have the patience to do.

Here is a time lapse of what I do.

Wet hair applied products in first pic

Then wet ponytail

Later take it down. Apply more gel
If needed and/or more product. I like Eco styler and Pillow Soft Curls by miss Jessie. I will also spritz with water if needed to loosen the front which typically has dried by the time I take it down.

Attachments

• image-1282157380.jpg
    image-1282157380.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3489968076.jpg
    image-3489968076.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3674589994.jpg
    image-3674589994.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Godyssey

Still in protective styles. Want to get as close as I can to WL before I lay off a bit. It's still gonna be a while. I'm thinking sometime next year. *shrug*

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am so ready to straighten my hair again. My coworker told me that she goes to a beauty school for a $15 blow out. I wanna go there! I pay $40 for a wash and set at the Dominicans. They do an excellent job, but im on a budget. Depending on how her hair turns out I might go there too

havilland

I want to blow my hair out. The humidity has been so low these last few days. Of course the minute I do it will be 9000 degrees outside again.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Havi have you used the Chi line before? It is amazing. I love the keratin mist and Chi silk infusion. I literally can not be without that silk infusion. It is the only serum (I have tried dozens) that detangles, softens, protects my hair from heat and is light enough that it doesn't weigh down my hair.

havilland

Havi have you used the Chi line before? It is amazing. I love the keratin mist and Chi silk infusion. I literally can not be without that silk infusion. It is the only serum (I have tried dozens) that detangles, softens, protects my hair from heat and is light enough that it doesn't weigh down my hair.
Yes! Funny you asked because I flat ironed today and used the chi infra thermal conditioner and the chi silk for the first time.

Of course it got humid and now my hair is not happy. But when I first did it, my hair was like silk.

It's def my best flat iron result so far....but I'm not humidity proof yet.

It's not raining but the temp went up and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Now my hair is starting to poof a bit. :(

I would LOVE to find something that allows me more than a few hours of nice hair. Gosh....it's so frustrating. Sometimes I want to rock a straight style!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
havilland Sabino moisture block is good for blocking humidity, but it weighs my hair down and I don't have the silk feeling like when I use Chi. I think the Chi results are cumulative meaning that your next blowout should last longer than this one.

havilland

havilland Sabino moisture block is good for blocking humidity, but it weighs my hair down and I don't have the silk feeling like when I use Chi. I think the Chi results are cumulative meaning that your next blowout should last longer than this one.

That's good to know. Thanks for that! I was gonna order some sabino but my hair is so fine, I know it would weigh me down.

My hair is still silky from the flat iron and it's very soft. I tied it down last night but I had to touch it up to make it look right. My roots were puffy as he!!!!!!!!!!! yesterday evening. I was not happy.

I may wear it straight for a few weeks and just enjoy my hair and the length a bit. I'm sick of my curly pony.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im so looking forward to my blowout next week. I think I will let her trim my ends too. Sigh. I hate losing length, but I love my thick even ends. I actually do a good job keeping my ends thick.I only need a trim once a year