~Hits & Misses~August 2011

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I haven't tried the Satin one. The Balanced is more of a lotion and I love it!! :yep: I use it on dry hair, especially the length. Its very moisturizing. The Isha is great, also. I use that on wet or dry and it works great on my scalp also.

Thanks chickadee! :hug2:

I LOVE using Isha as a leave in. It's so yummy on wet hair. Mine is almost gone, though. :crying3:

tiffers

IDareT'sHair No. :sad:

I'm about to just buy some Silk Dreams products because I'm using up my stash and not replenishing anything. My conditioner & moisturizer tank is almost on E and it's making me nervous.

tiffers

IDareT'sHair Oooh, just three more days! :yahoo:

So I'm wondering if I should get the Silk Dreams and then get the Claudie... cuz I got my heart set on the Silk Dreams stuff. :giggle:

Have you thought about trying? It looks really good and I've read nothing but good things.

hair4romheaven

Miss:
Queen Helene curl shaping creme - Made my hair dry and brittle. Smell great. My hair felt coated and stripped.
Beautiful curls shea butter curl activating creme - Hated it. Made my hair dry and crunchy.
Shea moisture creme- It was thick and heavy sat on my hair.

Hit
QB burdock root creme - staple. Hair was moisturized minimal tangles on twist outs. I have beautiful defined 4B curls at the ends of my hair. this stuff makes it POP!! My hair is dreamy when I use this. LOL

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
CONTINUED HITS:

Qhemet Biologics CocoTree Detangling Ghee
Denman D24 Double Row Detangler
MOP (Modern Organic Products) Pear Detangler
Pequi Oil

NEW HIT:

Hairitage Hydration's Mango Cloud Hair Cream

Kimiche

Huge Hit:

Shower Filter
I bought the iWater Shower Filter from AveYou.com, with Groupon's $25 for $50 worth of products deal. :woot: I finally broke down and bought this filter thanks to advice from @tashboog.

My hair didn't like any products at all and was dry even after I put some of the best moisturizers in it. I was wasting a lot of money trying product after product, thinking that my hair hated certain ingredients. I'd switch to products that didn't contain those ingredients and so on. Tash said that she was having the same issues until she bought a shower filter, that's when she realized that the water was the problem all along.

I noticed last month that we have hard water when I saw white spots on my shower head. :shocked: That's when I also realized that the products that I was using all this time didn't cause the problem that I had. The mineral deposits were building up on my hair and blocking my moisture. I went through so much hair breakage because of dry hair, it's sad.

After I washed my hair recently while the shower filter was on, I definitely noticed a difference in my hair. :grin: Finally!! Thanks again Tash.

ETA: My hair still feels moisturized after many many hours, whereas before it would start to get dry not long after I applied moisturizer.

Last edited:

southerncitygirl

continued hits:
oyin hair dew ( i like this product better than the komaza coconut lotion and shea butter lotion) someone gave a me an almost full bottle at a meetup and i was so impressed i ordered the larger size from oyin's site

fantasia ic gel mixed with 2-3 tbsp evco ( this is my knockoff of afrovedas whipped gelly)

giovanni 50/50 poo

komaza care protein strengthener

creme of nature sulfate free poo w/argan oil

aubrey organics condish ( gbp, hsr, or j.a.y)

prepooing

washing in celie plaits ( 6-8)

miss:
at a meetup a few months back someone gave deva curl low poo in a full size..... i just finished it and didn't like it.

i was also given anita grants pomade with sapote & coconut oil and its too solid.... i melted it down and added 3-4 tbsp of coconut oil to thin this pomade out and make it a softer consistency. if i would have purchased this product and had to water it down like this to make it usable i would have been pissed! its working well doctored up though.

Dposh167

^^ thx so much. i was googling like crazy

eta: @IDareT'sHair ...okay....now where do i go? do i have to type in the name of the product. is this like an ebay

Last edited:

fatimablush

shea moisture coconut and hisbiscus milk --i didn't use enough the first time i used it. -HIT
will re-try the coconut and hisbiscus smoothie again next.

HIT--Alter Ego Nequal /Nova Leave in Conditioner

kupenda

The HE LTR leave in. I got more breakage when I used it. How?! So that's a serious MISS

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

tiffers

Miss:

Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration. I tried to like this. I WANTED to like this. But it just doesn't provide enough moisture for me. It's consistently left my hair kind of straw-like, no matter whether it's used on wet, damp or dry hair. #FAIL

LuvlyRain3

I've missed these threads

Hits:
Creme of nature smooth and shine argan oil shampoo
Original formula of he ltr leave in
Homemade flaxseed gel

No misses so far!!

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Hits: Bunning! Never thought my fine, 4a hair could handle it but once I ditched the Ecostyler to hold and set the waves and started using conditioner only, it's been a game changer (and I still get the waves although I didn't think I would or really cared at this point: just wanted a quick, easy and hair-healthy style)!

Still hittin': EO Essentials Coconut and Citrus conditioners! Bought liter sizes at Grocery Outlet for $6.99 and not only do they smell YUMMY without being over-powering (I'm looking at you, Oyin!), they work to detangle, moisturize and strenghten my fine hair with Quinoa protein! Plus they are silicone, quat and paraben free!

Hittin' some mo!: Palm Oil for sealing! bought a tub from Whole Foods for $4 and some change and not only is this oil really more like a soft, spreadable butter, it imparts unbelieveable gloss to my hair without feeling greasy. It's organic, mechanically pressed and comes from small family owned farms in Colombia so it's sustainable, too.

Jammin' on the one: Making sure my elastic is saturated in conditioner and Palm oil and moving it around every day= no broken hairs!

Misses: none, thank you very much!