Natural hair and pressing (satin creme press)

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
its weird that they use it for roller sets because it says its for blow drying or pressing, but i guess if they roller set and heat dry it might work the same way.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was strange, too. She was looking for an alternative to Miss Cool 5-Minute Fast Set. Another revolutionary
product that was discontinued.
She and my cousin roll their hair on sponge or plastic rollers before bed and wake up with loose, shiny curls. (My aunt has under processed relaxed hair and my cousin has natural 3-ish curls). I tried it for a braid-out and it didn't work. That's why I stuck it in the back of the closet and forgot about it until you mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]
girl i just aint gettin why they discontinue products that work so well...doesnt make no dang sense...i swear if i could find out whats in it, i would try to make it myself lol

Irresistible

im thinkin , that the lotion probably has the same stuff as the other satin creme press pomades right? just something added to make it a lotion...hmmmmm ...now what could we mix with the grease to make it the same consistency as the lotion? lol im tryin to think of anythin as you can see......

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
i swear if i could find out whats in it, i would try to make it myself lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to place an advanced order.

The Lotion:
water, corn oil, hydrogenated cottonseed glyceride, laneth-15, stearic acid, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides phospahate, carbomer-940, boric acid, triethanolomine, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, red 40, yellow 6.

The 2 oz grease (I don't think this is the same as the giant tub they sell @ ebonyline. It's a lot creamier...):

Hydrogenated vegetable oil, water, castor oil, lanolin, beeswax, glyceryl stearate SE, phenyldimethicone, dimethicone, sodium borate, fragrance, butylparaben, methylparaben, yellow 11.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lotion:
water, corn oil, hydrogenated cottonseed glyceride, laneth-15, stearic acid, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides phospahate, carbomer-940, boric acid, triethanolomine, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, red 40, yellow 6.

The 2 oz grease (I don't think this is the same as the giant tub they sell @ ebonyline. It's a lot creamier...):

Hydrogenated vegetable oil, water, castor oil, lanolin, beeswax, glyceryl stearate SE, phenyldimethicone, dimethicone, sodium borate, fragrance, butylparaben, methylparaben, yellow 11.

[/ QUOTE ]

alrighty then i will just go whip some of that right up lol...lawd it couldnt of been made of simple stuff huh?

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lotion:

[/ QUOTE ]

and i wonder what the fragrance they used was called? lol cause it shole does stink...remind me to never use that fragrance for ANYTHING

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lotion:

[/ QUOTE ]

well i will tell you this...i dont have anything to lose cause got six containers of the waxy 13 oz ones coming....i will be taking some and experiementing....im thinking add water?? and mix alot lol i dunno, but im'a try it

dannie

I've used satin cream press a couple of times and it works very well. I don't really press my hair anymore but as long as its used sparingly it works great!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
and i wonder what the fragrance they used was called? lol cause it shole does stink...remind me to never use that fragrance for ANYTHING

[/ QUOTE ]

alibi

hair bored
Irresistible!!! I will have you know that I went to 12, count them T-W-E-L-V-E beauty supply stores this weekend looking for Satin Creme Press liquid/oil!!! I was
and
everywhere! No one had any idea what I was talking about, and after I searched their shelves high and low, I couldn't find anything even close! Let me just tell you I am one dissappointed PJ! I had to rely on my good old Kemi Oyl press, but I really wanted to try some. Now what do I do? Am I gonna have to make you buy me some and send it to me???

Angelicus

I'm sorry that I am all late.

This product was used on my hair when it actually used to look decent. Although I was relaxed, it gave me the most beautiful rollersets.

Good luck trying to get it back on the market guys,... :)

You know I haven't found anything that makes my hair smooth and velvety soft as Ultra Sheen's Satin Press. I stumbled onto it a year ago and I think it made my hair look it's best.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
Irresistible!!! I will have you know that I went to 12, count them T-W-E-L-V-E beauty supply stores this weekend looking for Satin Creme Press liquid/oil!!! I was
and
everywhere! No one had any idea what I was talking about, and after I searched their shelves high and low, I couldn't find anything even close! Let me just tell you I am one dissappointed PJ! I had to rely on my good old Kemi Oyl press, but I really wanted to try some. Now what do I do? Am I gonna have to make you buy me some and send it to me???

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG girl im so sorry you did all that...its a product that if you could of got your hands on , it would have been worth it all though!! girl sorry you didnt follow the thread , it was later that we all found out that they dont make it no more...it was a sad sad day that day too lol

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
72792 said:
You know I haven't found anything that makes my hair smooth and velvety soft as Ultra Sheen's Satin Press. I stumbled onto it a year ago and I think it made my hair look it's best.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep!!! so so sad...but i hear that using the pomade kind on wet hair works well, when used sparingly..the thing with the lotion is it really delivered all the results it said without any heaviness at all....what can i say...its just so sad

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
caramelle said:
Ur hair is beautiful. How long did it take u to gain all that length, and what length did u start if u didnt always habe long hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if your talkin to me....
but if you did happen to be , thank you girl...i started from scratch ten years ago...with growing out a relaxer ...till now ten years later.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
caramelle said:
Wow! So u did the big chop? Ur hair looks really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you girlie, nope , no big chop, transitioned all the way to the very ends of the relaxed hair

Adrian3bc

i use the one in the little 2 oz jar its really waxy and hard to spread but this is the best thing ive used to flat iron my hair with. i put it on soaking wet and that helps the greasiness.after i flat iron i put on some ntm gloss. this even straightens my hair while its wet. my mom used this on me when i was little. this is part of my "old school" hair care revival plan. OMG there is a lotion. guess who is going to all the bss in my citylooking for it. if i find it i will post.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Adrian3bc said:
i use the one in the little 2 oz jar its really waxy and hard to spread but this is the best thing ive used to flat iron my hair with. i put it on soaking wet and that helps the greasiness.after i flat iron i put on some ntm gloss. this even straightens my hair while its wet. my mom used this on me when i was little. this is part of my "old school" hair care revival plan. OMG there is a lotion. guess who is going to all the bss in my citylooking for it. if i find it i will post.

[/ QUOTE ] I tried one of the six jars of pomades i ordered when i thought i was getting the lotion (see other posts on this thread
) on my daughters hair (first time ever using it) , it was ok, a little waxy though , here is how her hair turned out...

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/like_mother_like-1/8th_grade_graduation/gradhair2.html

i cant say it held up long, but it was a cloudy morning and this is her first press in years so its not well trained at all
, i still need to try it on my hair

on the other hand in my constant quest for a equally superior product like the satin creme press lotion ( i know i aint got no dang sense cause i still have some of the satin creme press lotion here and instead of just using it , i keep experimenting with new products trying to find the perfect one) i used the Redkin heat gluide mixed with some Biosilk Silk strate and i was soooo happy , i thought i found it, the press was soft , easy and silky, but the true test was leaving the house....well within 5 minutes flat, it was reverting....this is what it looked like when i got home

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2004/the_5_minute_press_lol/

now i didnt mind the wild look that much , but im saying, im still hoping for something that holds down a press like my satin creme press lotion...

soooo girl if you happen upon some somewhere, hit me up (this goes for any of you) , i will pay top dolla for that stuff.....

oh and just wanna give my angel sassygirl a shout out for hookin me up with my little stash...me love you foeva for that girl

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
Irresistible, I like your hair like that!

[/ QUOTE ] thank you girl, now if i could just find a way to get that look without an hour and a 1/2 to two hours of pressing so it can revert and look like that in five minutes

i would love to find a way to have the soft curls (minus the frizz)....no luck so far on that exact look

NGC

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

soooo girl if you happen upon some somewhere, hit me up (this goes for any of you) , i will pay top dolla for that stuff.....

oh and just wanna give my angel sassygirl a shout out for hookin me up with my little stash...me love you foeva for that girl

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl - I've been looking for ya but haven't seen it yet.

I gotta admit - I'm tempted to do a rollerset again (haven't done one since 12/02). I thought I would do one until 12/04 but I'm itching to try something new. I may experiment and use a jar of the waxy Satin Creme Press for my rollerset (it will substitute for the CD HHB which is what I sued b4).

Oh - and check your fotki e-mail - I'm going to send you a picture

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
You're welcome!
I think I bought the last bottles in the entire city.
My cousins say they see it all the time in small towns in FL. I plan to stock up when I get there. I'll hook you up.
(Getting them to send me some in the mail is out of the question. It would require effort on their part
).

ETA:
For those of you who don't know what it looks like--

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
NGC said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl - I've been looking for ya but haven't seen it yet.

I gotta admit - I'm tempted to do a rollerset again (haven't done one since 12/02). I thought I would do one until 12/04 but I'm itching to try something new. I may experiment and use a jar of the waxy Satin Creme Press for my rollerset (it will substitute for the CD HHB which is what I sued b4).

Oh - and check your fotki e-mail - I'm going to send you a picture

[/ QUOTE ] OK will check it now

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
You're welcome!
I think I bought the last bottles in the entire city.
My cousins say they see it all the time in small towns in FL. I plan to stock up when I get there. I'll hook you up.
(Getting them to send me some in the mail is out of the question. It would require effort on their part
).

ETA:
For those of you who don't know what it looks like--

[/ QUOTE ] when are you going????

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
Buy up a bunch of those in FL and then sell them on the product exchange board.

[/ QUOTE ] noooooo!! i will buy them all!!! whatever she has!!!

NGC

LOL - ya'll are funny. SG125 - thanks for posting ths picture cause I couldn't figure out how folks could tell the difference. Now I know and will be on the hunt for my sista/friends LOL

Matter of fact, if you don't mind I may post this on my website and tell anybody who see's it to get it and I'll buy it from them (a black market for US SCP lotion
)

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
Buy up a bunch of those in FL and then sell them on the product exchange board.

[/ QUOTE ] noooooo!! i will buy them all!!! whatever she has!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably won't be going until Christmas time.