• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

IndianAngel22

I've been taking 6g a day for about 2 weeks now and I crave food and sweets more than ever. I have not gained any weight but I am constantly hungry. I have cravings for things and don't feel satisfied after eating. I hope this passes soon. My new appetite is making me go to the supermarket every 2 to 3 days now compared every 3 weeks. I feel like eating a slice of cheese cake right now.

My skin looks great though.

Me too! After I eat I know I'm full but I keep craving something else. I'm drinking a lot more water than usual but i am not like everyone else who's appetitites are being killed, it's the TOTAL opposite for me.I'm tempted to weave my hair up so I can be sure that my hair is growing faster.

Platinum

Has anyone ordered Chlorella from Puritan Pride? I noticed that they have a BOGO free and a Buy Two Get Three sale.

Me too! After I eat I know I'm full but I keep craving something else. I'm drinking a lot more water than usual but i am not like everyone else who's appetitites are being killed, it's the TOTAL opposite for me.I'm tempted to weave my hair up so I can be sure that my hair is growing faster.

Same here. I ended up drinking more tea to curve my cravings, too...but it doesn't work. I still crave something that I cannot put my finger on.

I didn't think it affected my hair growth until a second ago. I ran fingers through my hair to massage my scalp and I realized that I had a lot of new growth that was laying down. Usually, my new growth grows out so I always know its there no matter its length... feels silky, too. There is more new growth on the top of my head than the in back (top of the ears to the nape).

yodie

Seems like I'm detoxing again or I'm still in the process of detoxing. Small bumps are breaking out on my face. Sheesh!!

I tried to eat chicken twice this weekend. Didn't taste the same to me. I usually don't eat a lot of it, but every now and then I crave wingettes. They were yuck!!

I'm back consistent at 6g's. My inconsistency sent me back to brown bm's. Disappointment!

I felt a ripple of new growth at my scalp. Can't be...not this soon! I started using Miconozole Nitrate again, so... Either way, I expect great things.

GeorginaSparks

Did you order the powder from Vitacost or tablets? I went to my local Whole Foods last week looking for powder, but they only had bottles of tablets, their brand and one other. Let me know if you were able to find powder at your Whole Foods, I may go back and ask them to order it. Vitamin World said that they would order the powder for me if I requested it but that they don't normally stock it. I hate having to pay shipping when I order anything on line!

I ordered BOTH and they are backordered. I have always had good luck with Puritan's pride so i might order from them? To repeat Platinum's question, is anyone using Puritan Pride's Chlorella? tia

ttlayli

Ladies, don't order the Chlorella from Puritan's Pride. It's Chinese Chlorella which is not good.

You don't have to order from VitaCost. I ordered from Amazon and my Powered Chlorella came in less than a week. :yep:

I'm not a genius at this :lachen: but I'm sure LuckiestDestiny or muse can tell you more about Chinese Chlorella vs. the other Chlorella.

Ladies, don't order the Chlorella from Puritan's Pride. It's Chinese Chlorella which is not good.

You don't have to order from VitaCost. I ordered from Amazon and my Powered Chlorella came in less than a week. :yep:

I'm not a genius at this :lachen: but I'm sure LuckiestDestiny or muse can tell you more about Chinese Chlorella vs. the other Chlorella.

Do you know what kind of the chlorella the Vitamin Shoppe version is?

CurlyMoo

Carletta did you check out my pics in this thread?

I'd say this stuff really does help a LOT with hair growth. I believe 1 1/2 to 2 is very possible with this product but everyone is different and it does depend on many factors.

I'm hoping for a good solid 3 inches per month. :grin: I've only been on it for a few days and I haven't really checked to see if I have grown anymore hair. It's hasn't been a month since I did my last measurment. I have another week and then I will check in.

starfish

Do you ladies who are taking powdered chlorella take it all in the morning, space it out throughout the day, or at night?

I'm taking the Jarrow powdered chlorella and earthwise spriulina.

I'm on day 4 and I'm pooped out. Literally. I drink a gallon of water a day and now I'm up to 160 oz.

I normally drink chlorophyll at night so I thought switching would be a breeze. Not! My stomach is in knots and I look like I'm 5 months pregnant I'm so bloated. I'm cutting back for a bit so my system can get used to this.

The good news is it's my PMS time and normally I would be eating salty greasy food, but the thought makes me sick. I will definitely be losing weight if this keeps up!

luckiestdestiny

Do you ladies who are taking powdered chlorella take it all in the morning, space it out throughout the day, or at night?

I'm taking the Jarrow powdered chlorella and earthwise spriulina.

I'm on day 4 and I'm pooped out. Literally. I drink a gallon of water a day and now I'm up to 160 oz.

I normally drink chlorophyll at night so I thought switching would be a breeze. Not! My stomach is in knots and I look like I'm 5 months pregnant I'm so bloated. I'm cutting back for a bit so my system can get used to this.

The good news is it's my PMS time and normally I would be eating salty greasy food, but the thought makes me sick. I will definitely be losing weight if this keeps up!

I think people vary here. I just do mine at dinner. Some people take it before a meal, some with (I just do it with) and some after. It's all up to you. I think it would probably be better if I split it up during the day but I have no patience for that and would probably forget to take one of the doses. So I just get it over with in one sitting.

luckiestdestiny

You said it well. It's better to stick with the japanese forms. Also make sure that you know the chlorella growth factor for optimal effects. I know some are taking it without knowing, but I'd say just to make sure, make sure yours has a lot in there.

GinnyP

Hey guys i hope this is not asking too much but after you post your comments on your results and progress can you tell us which chlorella your taking? I am not being lazy this is to keep me from trying to remember which one each and everyone is taking I have read just about every page 80 in one day.

I have noticed people results are changing as the weeks progesses I am trying to compare which one I want to purchase the Jarrows Japanese version sounds good.

Thanks ladies for all your help!
J

AtlantaJJ

I'm keeping my hair braided up and I'm natural so it's hard to see growth right away but my nails are off the charts! That is how I know this stuff is working, and my skin...even with a couple of pimple is glowing. It's too early to tell with the hair. A good check point time for me would be April. A good 2 months of consistent use should tell the story.

I'm really in this for the health benefits, I want to be detoxed and sure that I'm getting enough greens :up:

kitamay

It sure does seem like everyone is at much higher doses now. I think I need to increase my dosage again. I started out at 2grams and now I am at 3.2grams. How frequently does everyone increase their dosage? Maybe I am moving too slow...?

mariofmagdal

It sure does seem like everyone is at much higher doses now. I think I need to increase my dosage again. I started out at 2grams and now I am at 3.2grams. How frequently does everyone increase their dosage? Maybe I am moving too slow...?

All inclusive, I am at about 2g. So you are not the only one moving slowly. I am moving slow and will continue to do so, I want to get to a high dosage, but I wanna be comfortable and healthy along the way.

Muse

If I received growth, I wouldn't know it because I'm on my own personal challenge to keep my hair bunned everyday until I reach my goal (flat-ironing my hair once every four month to check progress). Hopefully I will be very surprised in may, when I flat-iron.

Honestly, I'm more focused on the health benefits though. :yep:

Agreed on both points!

Muse

I emailed Source Naturals and asked them if they could provide me with a more complete list of vitamins for their powdered yaeyama chlorella (like the list I found for Sun chlorella) and this is the response I got:

[FONT=&quot]And thank you for contacting Source Naturals [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The information that you have requested is not available. Although there may be additional nutrients provided by Yaeyama Chlorella, the results are not quantified. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Michael Mehlert[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Technical Researcher[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source Naturals[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Threshold Enterprises LTD.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Oh well guess we will just have to take the experts' word on this one since we can't see it ourselves.:ohwell:
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

soonergirl

Im taking source naturals powder at 6gs a day and I am thinking of going to 9gs.. My appetite sucks, I still crave junk and wish I could have the decrease in cravings of junk!! I got my relaxer 1 1/2 weeks ago, I get relaxed bone straight and I already feel a small hump..The hair is already trying to come in, no exaggerations.. I will start the nettle tea rinses this week..

Really hoping to lose 5 lbs and keep it off, come on chlorella...

ladytee2

I went up to 4g this past weekend. My face has cleared up. I am not bloated anymore. I think I will up to 6g this weekend.

J-Moe

OK Ladies, I just wanted to check-in. I've been taking Chlorella for about 6 days now and I've had regular BM's and my nails are feeling much much stronger. I haven't had any detox symptoms as of yet and I'm curious if you all feel that I should up my dosage??? By the way my BM's have been pretty green! I wonder?

Platinum

Thanks. I'll probably just get it from Vitamin Shoppe.

luckiestdestiny

Hey guys i hope this is not asking too much but after you post your comments on your results and progress can you tell us which chlorella your taking? I am not being lazy this is to keep me from trying to remember which one each and everyone is taking I have read just about every page 80 in one day.

I have noticed people results are changing as the weeks progesses I am trying to compare which one I want to purchase the Jarrows Japanese version sounds good.

Thanks ladies for all your help!
J

Mine is source naturals powder but I originally took the pills before increasing my dosage.

luckiestdestiny

OK Ladies, I just wanted to check-in. I've been taking Chlorella for about 6 days now and I've had regular BM's and my nails are feeling much much stronger. I haven't had any detox symptoms as of yet and I'm curious if you all feel that I should up my dosage??? By the way my BM's have been pretty green! I wonder?

Hey J-Moe welcome!

What's your dose? If you haven't had detox symptoms and you feel comfortable you can definitely start increasing (if you're already on the low end). How fast or slow you increase depends on you and your body (and detox symptoms). A good rule of thumb that I noticed people following is to increase every few days (or more) by a small amount (1g or so) and if all is well to increase again. Don't get me wrong, some are increasing even more than that small amount if they feel good about it. You need to factor in your diet and your detox symptoms to decide. You can always scale back too if you hit a wall so not to worry!

luckiestdestiny

Is anyone else noticing a texture change? My hair seems softer than usual (not complaining).

Oh and I lost another pound so I'm not mad at this product. So far I've lost 12.5 pounds in under a month w/o any other changes. Whohoo! I had a good 23 pounds I wanted to knock off so this is a good start (I started w/ way more to lose than that last year but through eating right I was slowly losing about 6 pds a month so this has doubled it so far and counting. We'll see the total by next week as that will be the fourth week on this).

For those who aren't already skinny (as your appetite won't change because of your weight per the article that I posted), who may need to lose a few pounds, does your product have CGF in it? I was just wondering as some were mentioning their appetite wasn't changing (those who need to lose weight should find their cravings subsiding somewhat). I'm wondering if it's an individual thing or the type of chlorella being used. I'm thinking it will definitely work on those that need it, but may take more time depending on certain factors. As you ladies read from the article I posted that it took up to four months for people to see a decrease in body fat and weight. I'm beginning to suspect it varies from individual to individual as to how long the chlorella takes to start working.

Long update yall:
Way more hair growth. I'm excited about where I'll be in a few months.

mariofmagdal

LD thats great news about the weight loss. I lost 4lbs so far, but it seems to fluctuate back and forth, so I am not holding steady just yet, but I am forcing myself to eat because my appetite is nearly gone.

I am also gonna wait a month or two since my last hair pic is so new. Hoping this will put me at full waist length or beyond.

nc cutie

Ladies How much are you taking to get this great weight loss? Do you attribute it to the frequent urination(water weight), or eating less

mariofmagdal

I am on 1600mg earthrise brand, and I get another 400mg from the bolthouse farms drink. so I am at 2g of chlorella, then 2500mg or Spirulina, (1000mg from earthrise capsule and 1500 from Bolthouse Farms green drink) and I take 50mg of World Organic mint flavored liquid Chlorophyll, this is daily.

I am probably not drinking enough water, although I do try.