Can Kanelon hair

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I've read that the chemicals they put on Kanekalon can make your scalp feel dry and itchy and that it can 'chew' on your real hair. I never experienced either because I pre-treated mine.
Leave the twist tie or the rubber band on the hair. Fill the tub with enough hot water to cover the hair and pour in a cup of white vinegar. You'll see all the junk floating on top of the water within a few minutes. Let the hair soak for 15-20 minutes. Spray it with braid spray and let in hang dry overnight.

ms_kenesha

Thx for this tip Sassygirl,
I once got my hair braided and the hair itched and bothered my scalp I took it out 2 days later! It cost me $180 I was so MAD!!! I guess this is an advantage of buying your own hair!

Dido111

Thanks for the info. I had by Braids in for over a month and it is time to get them redone. Last time the braider use Kanekalon hair and I was wondering why my hair was so itchy. Usually I use the synethic hair and there was no problem. I will follow your advice or keep with the synethic hair.

LondonDiva

For those that can't use Kanekalon, have you tried Toyokalon hair. It's much softer, but I'd still pre-treat it before you use it.

Robin41

LD, with the Toyokalon braids, do you have to seal the ends like Kanekalon or can you leave it loose like human hair?

LondonDiva

Robin

Toyokalon is a firm fave with me. It's very much like human hair when you get it in the packet. It has a great shine and is very soft too. On ething I noticed was that I didn't get finger burn when braiding the hair, like I did with the cheap 99p bags of plastic strands that I used to use back in tha day. I didn't "eat out" my hair either and held moisture really well. I pre washed mine with water and Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to get rid of the film on the hair and let it dry on my radiator overnight.

Honi

There is no board.
Oh hayll yeah it makes ya hair itch. I had a weave one time (thought i was giving my hair a break) and it itched me so bad that i injured my scalp. I had to have her take it out 2 weeks later. What a waste of money! I'll never do it again.

adrienne0914

yes, i believe the chemical used to dye the hair different colors is what makes the scalp itch. when i get individual braids, i prefer to wash the braids the day that i get them rather than pre-treating the hair. once they're washed, i don't have any problems after that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne