Shoulder Length 2012 Challenge

xu93texas

Anyone with NL relaxed hair ever roller set or can point me in the direction of a previous thread or youtube clip. I'm having no luck so far.

PoisedNPolished, have you checked out the Rollersetting 2011 or 2012 challenge threads. They're a lot of tips and pics about rollersetting. I do think the easiest rollers to work with for beginners are these.

PoisedNPolished

PoisedNPolished, have you checked out the Rollersetting 2011 or 2012 challenge threads. They're a lot of tips and pics about rollersetting. I do think the easiest rollers to work with for beginners are these.

Yes I'm subscribed to those threads and I'm learning a lot. I just want to see someone with hair my length do a roller set and not on natural hair. Most of the vids on YT have been that so far. I'm about to look again:sad:

theneolution

Finally back with a starting pic (I know. I'm late)

What is your current length? Neck Length

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? June 2012

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Transitioning, no immediate plans to BC.

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Drink more water, exercise, consistently take vitamins, remain consistent in my reggie.

What is your ultimate goal length? Fully natural MBL hair. I would be ecstatic with that.

Please post a starting pictures:

QUEENJAMES231

Ugh! I have been sick this week so I,ve been slacking on pretty much everything :perplexed

I'm Finally going to drag myself out of bed and get it together today. First up I'm going to try that green smoothie recipe :lick: make sure I get my water and vitamins in, and maybe even co wash to tonight!

gvin89

I've been trying very hard to modify and stick to my reggie. My hair is thirsty so I thin kI need to focus on moisture for awhile. I DC after every wash now and I'm attempting a co-wash mid-week. I spritz, moisturize with a leave-in, and seal with oil daily. Fingers crossed...

MaraWithLove

MaraWithLove: can you share you banding technique? My hair shrinks like crazy and I would like to try stretching/banding.

Sure, I band my hair like the lady in this video!Banding natural hair I band on wet, conditioned hair (usually band after washing hair or spritz hair with water and apply a leave-in). Same applies for twists: I band them when they're wet or at least damp. I use goody ouchless bands (the small size) and I'm always gentle. Since my hair is shorter than the lady in the video, I don't need as many bands. HTH

Also, something I've noticed is that rollersetting stretches my hair a great deal. I was attempting a rollerset one day (which I took out after 15 minutes of contemplation) and just having the rollers in that long stretched and smoothed my hair. :yep:

InBloom

In my new-growth
Put a little color in my hair..looks a bit better.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 49
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 46

InBloom

In my new-growth
Thank you!

I used Ion Color Brilliance (Sally's) and it's a semi perm color. I used the blackest black. Since I applied the color, I've been cowashing quite a bit-nearly everyday. So, it's fading in this picture. But when I first colored, it was truly a deep, shiny black. It would still be deep, but I'm wetting my hair often these days.

LaidBak

I'm still in my cornrows. I'm pretty much keeping it really simple and oiling my scalp every other week. I need to work on tying my hair down at night. I'm hoping to make Full SL by August.

How is everyone doing? It would be nice if this thread were more ACTIVE!!

Still taking my Viviscal, and using topical growth aids. Just got my hair relaxed yesterday. Probably won't post another progress pic until the end of Feb. Trying to stay consistent and put my regimen on auto pilot.

Nylund

Hope all of you ladies are doing well. Last week I got frustrated with not being able to pull my hair into a bun without the aid of a million hair pins. So I ordered a growth aid - Hair Trigger Growth Elixir (http://www.hairtriggergrowthelixir.com) after looking through the "Sulfur Challenge" thread. The ingredients are black tea, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, biotin, silica, avocado oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, clary sage oil, and rosemary oil. It's not stinky, and you're able to add fragrance if you'd like. I started using it twice daily on Wednesday, so we'll see how it goes. I can't until I can make a bun or ponytail without a head full of pins.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey ladies...I really havent been doing much to my hair but co-washing/deep cond but I think I may get some braids to ps with and keep them in for a couple months. DK yet still debating.

PoisedNPolished

Checking in. I have been washing once weekly and deep conditioning. Moisturizing and sealing every day and my hair feels nice. I braided it today and put my wig on. I will keep it like this the entire week.

Niknak20

Hey ladies how's everyone doing? I'm trying to keep true to my regimen: I wanted to PS for most of the year. I'm in single braids so no need to use heat, I've been keeping my hair moisturized, I've been massaging my scalp weekly,taking biotin daily, water and trying to eat right& exercise more. I've also been using wild hair growth. Btw anyone ever use wild hair growth oils& had good results?

Aggie

Okay I just got about 7 or 8 inches of my hair cut off on Wednesday past and I am back to NL and need to join this challenge please.

What is your current length? I am almost neck length, I think

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? Mid-December 2012:grin:.

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Mildly Texlaxed

What are your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Very low manipulation and heat, DC once every week to 2 weeks. Lots of protective styling using mostly wigs.

What is your ultimate goal length?
Full BSL

Please post a starting pictures (optional) by Jan 1.

Attachments

• My 2nd Big Chop Jan 10, 2012.jpg
    My 2nd Big Chop Jan 10, 2012.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 24
  • My second Big Chop Jan 10, 2012.jpg
    My second Big Chop Jan 10, 2012.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 22

LaidBak

Are most folks in this challenge using a growth aid? If so, list like @drpeaches81 because I'm curious if I might try my hand at something too....

I am. I take Viviscal and apply either Ovation Cell Therapy or a commercially prepared sulfur and oil mix. I am more consistent with the Viviscal.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I have been in box braids for a week. Just gonna oil my scalp and rinse my hair as needed. I need to seriously start tying my hair down at night. These braids have to last at least 5 more weeks.

Are most folks in this challenge using a growth aid? If so, list like drpeaches81 because I'm curious if I might try my hand at something too....

I'm using an oil mix: JBCO, Rosemary EO and Sulfur.

moonglowdiva

I have set up on fotki a folder that is showing my length progress. Please stop by and check it out. Please make sure you are logged in so you can see. Also check out my blog. I'm going to try to keep up with it. The link is in the siggy. I'm make progress but most importantly I'm having fun. I love my twa.

Aggie

20Something, thank you so much for adding me to the challenge. I know that my ultimate goal length is full BSL but honestly, my true goal is healthy thick APL hair. I will be very happy with that for sure.

Seamonster

Just been washing and conditioning most days. I use a mix of MT and potion at least once per week. Hoping to get back to every other day use soon.

kittenz

Checking in... I've been DCing every weekend and doing styles that last the full week (low manipulation). I'm seeing pretty decent growth/retention already :yep:

I need to stay in this thread more often...