Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Wash Day: Moisturized with Oyin Hair Dew, sealed with HV Vatika Frosting, ends with My Honey Child Butter Soy.

ronie

Moisturized today with SD wgb
Sealed with pura dor Argan oil
Twisted with MHC type 4
I think I will skip wash day this week. Not in the mood, and my scalp feels/looks decent.

SugarRush

After DCing, I sprayed with Aphogee green tea and moisturized with Giovanni direct
Sealed with EVOO/avocado oil mix
Braided with my whipped shea butter/AVJ blend

Brownie518

Friday I did an overnight with KV Amla Brahmi Fenugreek blend

Used some Healthy Hair Butter today, sealed with KV Fenugreek

toaster

I was really feeling my curlformer set today, but I had to put it up to go exercise.

Put Peppermint Pomade on my scalp, oil mix, DB Sweet Cocoa Cream, and SSI Seyani Hair Butter on my length.

In my mind putting the oils on before my water-based leave in will help my hair to not revert. We'll see.

oneastrocurlie

Used TMN Moisture Cream. Figure I'd better get on with using it since it only has a six month shelf life.

Sealed with QB AHTB

jprayze

I don't think I ever posted what I will be using this year. Liquid Gold is a staple for my scalp! I'm also keeping JBCO in the rotation mixed with various EOs.

As far as grease, I always keep blue magic around although I don't use it much.

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

cwmarie

So, what did you get? What is the scent? WOW! I didn't know about the shelf-life.

IDareT'sHair I got the Aunt Cookie's Moisture Cream and Condition Me Softly. Both are unscented and 16 oz.Just arrived Saturday. No way I'm finishing either in six months. I had other stuff at the top of the "use it up" list. But I'll put both in rotation so its not money down the drain.

I mean Oyin will say least say 6-12 months. Geez. Even if she wasn't on the "never again" list I wouldn't repurchase cause of that shelf life. I mean her stuff would have to be staples to be used up that fast and she is not on that level lol. Only products with GREAT customer service reach that status and she was coming sideways at people via email who asked for refunds or order updates.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
cwmarie

You could stick it in the Fridge.:perplexed

SD's has about 6 months and I keep it in the Fridge and it has been fine. (Also a short shelf-life).

Yeah, I was 'one of the ones'

I had a Huge TMN Order and ended up requesting & getting a Refund.:look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
cwmarie

ETA: I know a lot of Folks don't want to/like to put Hair Products in the Fridge, but it really does preserve shelf-life on those Handmade/Naturals.:rolleyes:

I definitely try to do it with the ones I am unfamiliar with.:ohwell:

I can't have stuff molding on me.:nono:

oneastrocurlie

cwmarie

You could stick it in the Fridge.:perplexed

SD's has about 6 months and I keep it in the Fridge and it has been fine. (Also a short shelf-life).

Yeah, I was 'one of the ones'

I had a Huge TMN Order and ended up requesting & getting a Refund.:look:

IDareT'sHair I emailed her too and wasn't too fond of the response I got.

I should stick them in the fridge. Knowing me I'll forget they are there lol.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@cwmarie

Hmph. :rolleyes:

I really didn't want to 'cancel' my order, but it was my 1st time ordering from this vendor.

I couldn't establish a 'Track Record' here on LHCF about their reliability, and then they took their FB Page down.

I couldn't justify keeping the order in after all the problems & 'issues' they'd seem to be having.

But I'd rather you stick them in the Fridge and "faaagettt about 'em " rather than keep them out & look in the jar one day and see Mold & Discoloration.:nono:

oneastrocurlie

@cwmarie

Hmph. :rolleyes:

I really didn't want to 'cancel' my order, but it was my 1st time ordering from this vendor.

I couldn't establish a 'Track Record' here on LHCF about their reliability, and then they took their FB Page down.

I couldn't justify keeping the order in after all the problems & 'issues' they'd seem to be having.

But I'd rather you stick them in the Fridge and "faaagettt about 'em " rather than keep them out & look in the jar one day and see Mold & Discoloration.:nono:

IDareT'sHair just off using the moisture cream... Idk... I wouldn't say your missing much. Hair Dew and Murumuru Moisture Milk are better.

How it all happened was just off. Someone died, then she was sick, so sick she was in and out the hospital, her mom's posting on fb, fb goes mia, BUT somebody had time to put new products on her site. -_- girl bye lol.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
How it all happened was just off. Someone died, then she was sick, so sick she was in and out the hospital, her mom's posting on fb, fb goes mia, BUT somebody had time to put new products on her site. -_- girl bye lol.

cwmarie

I Agree.:nono: This right here is what made me really nervous about my Cash.

I'm just happy it didn't turn into a big deal to get my money back.:yep:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Lawdamercy, now there's issues with Oyin?! *sigh*

Well I'm still using up the last of my Hoodration products; moisturized damp hair with Mango Tango and sealed with Happy Hempy.