June 14,15,16..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans??

naturalmanenyc

I just did Naptural85's beach style here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEOutefz_rg
My hair is in 6 two strand twists that are in bantu knots. I kind of already was doing this style for the last two weeks before I ever saw her video except I had about 10 sections and I only used castor oil.

Today I used Giovanni Smooth As Silk to cowash and my own oil mix (castor, coconut, grapeseed and safflower).

Last edited:

ronie

Prepooed overnight with evco

Shampoo with phytojoba intense hydration shampoo
ACV rinse ( new introduction to my regimen as recommended by my komaza analysis)
Rinse off ACV
DC with phytokarite deep nourishing brilliance mask no heat for an hour
Leave in phyto 9
Applied phytokeratine serum to damp hair
Twist with silk dreams mocha bling

kupenda

Re twist with HH Hemp Nostalgia, seal with HH Amazon Butter, scalp massage with HH Jar of Joe, take the twists down for tomorrow's twistout.

Tomorrow night:
prepoo with Nourish oil
Shampoo with bobeam cocoa rhassoul
Tea rinse
Dc with vanilla silk or Sitrinillah
Maybe try an acv rinse...
Back in a twistout for camp this week!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
kupenda how do you like the Bobeam Cocoa Rhassoul shampoo bar? My hair felt great last week when I used it for the first time. However, I think it left a film on my hair. I'm not sure if I didn't rinse enough, or if the film residue was what was making my hair feel soft.

What are your experiences with it?

shasha8685

Tonight I:

--Pre-pooed with Tresemme Naturals condish+Kemi Oyl
--Washed with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention shampoo
--Protein treatment w/ the Sally's version of the Joico K-Pak Reconstructor (GVP Hair Reconstructor)
--DCed with ORS Hair Repair Nourishing condish
--Detangled with Darcys Botanicals Transitioner's Cream
--Sealed with Kemi Oyl
--Air dry hair in ponytail

**I have no clue how I want to style my hair yet**

kupenda

kupenda how do you like the Bobeam Cocoa Rhassoul shampoo bar? My hair felt great last week when I used it for the first time. However, I think it left a film on my hair. I'm not sure if I didn't rinse enough, or if the film residue was what was making my hair feel soft.

What are your experiences with it?

I havent had that experience. My hair felt soft and fluffy, clean but not stripped. It air dried without cknditioner and felt smooth. Like my cuticles were laying down. I dont recall a filminess. However I will keep an eye out for that this weekend
MileHighDiva

Bajanmum

@Bajanmum you know what it's like. we got like an hour and a half today, its june. It should be roasting. I feel cheated.

You and me too. But we do live here so we should be used to it...I say 'SHOULD', but I know I'm far away from being used to this weather in the summer llan

I no longer wait for the summer to come. The family and I tend to hit the beaches in the Balearic Islands or Greece and the surrounding islands. I need me some vitamin D :lol:

Bajanmum

I guess if I'm gonna hijack this thread moaning about the weather, I should at least let y'all know what I'm planning to with my hurr this weekend, huh?

Co wash with some nondescript supermarket conditioner (which actually makes my hair really soft)

Brew some herbal tea and steam it in under Komaza care Olive moisture mask. Leave it in while I go Roller skating tonight.

Then...

Rinse and Loco with wet hair (Liquid) JBCO (oil), Hairveda green tea (cream) and more JBCO on ends. I'm setting with curlformers and sleeping with them in overnight. I've done it before and they didn't feel too bad to sleep in.

Angel of the North

I'm going to:
Co-wash with strawberries and cream moisture milks
DC with osmo intensive treatment mask mixed with avocado and carrot oils (I will rinse DC out with a rinse out con after allowing the DC to cool)
Dust - this is now due, my last trim was mid March the next one is end of July
Moisturise with deja''s milk, seal with hempseed oil and hempseed butter.

mschristine

Caruso steam rollers and then silk wrap; keep it wrapped up all day Sunday until dinner at the parents house for Father's Day

Rozlewis

Prepoo'd with Vatika oil and Hask Placenta Conditioning Treatment and went under the heating cap for 30 mins. Washed with Mizani Botanifying shampoo, Hairveda's Moist Condition Pro, and a final rinse with Roux Porosity Control. After that DC'd with Mizani Moisturefuse, applied It's a 10 Keratin, Keracare leave-in, and PM Super Skinny Serum. Air dried and bunned.

cutenss

IDK, actually. I think I will just use WEN/613 or Shea Moisture Purification Mask. Then use my Quidad 12 Deep Treatment. It is hot here in TX, so a WNG hair for the week is in order :yep:

Hi IDareT'sHair :wave:

PureSilver

I did my second flat iron today in my 3 years two months and two days of being natural. I also did a mini length check a 1/4 way through the process and i was pleasantly surprised. My hair started reverting very quickly, unfortunately i don't have pics of the entire hair but i will add more hopefully tomorrow.

I did lose alot of hair in the process because i didn't detangle after my mini CW yesterday.

Last edited:

sunnieb

NappyNelle - I'm posting my Honey adventures here:
Relaxed Heads - Do you use Honey in your hair?

But, here's my basic technique for honey application:

Supplies:
Unfiltered, raw, unprocessed honey
Spray bottle filled with water
Plastic cap

Technique:
*Got in the shower and did a "water wash". Completely soaked my hair and got out with it a little drippy.
*Sectioned hair as if I was going to apply a dc, scooped up a dollop of honey and applied directly to each section of hair - spraying with water to keep hair wet and honey application smooth.
*I learned quickly to keep my hands wet as well because they started getting a bit sticky when I'd finished with half my head.
*Put plastic cap on for an hour.
*Rinsed in shower using lukewarm water.
*Airdried

My hair is so fluffy and soft with honey treatments! :yep:

MACGlossChick

I just relaxed using the Linange system and a knock off sprush. This has got to be the easiest and quickest self relax I've ever done!

Beamodel

Cowash - SM Purification Mask
DC - JessieCurl DT & NG Slippery Elm
Leave In - KBB Sweet Ambrosia
Seal - Jar of Joe