90-Day Rule: Pastor Harvey

auparavant

:giggle: Just kidding...but he promotes it. Well, it's anti-christian. Why? Many don't seem to know. It might support a deeper level of trust and respect...but it's still wrong and that's a false sense of respect and security. 90-day rules just simply are prolonged fornicating.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:giggle: Just kidding...but he promotes it. Well, it's anti-christian. Why? Many don't seem to know. It might support a deeper level of trust and respect...but it's still wrong and that's a false sense of respect and security. 90-day rules just simply are prolonged fornicating.

Thanks for sharing this Auparavant.... :yep:

But ummmm

Hold UP! He's a Pastor ????? Since when and by what authority which cannot be ordained of God.

He is not among the 'called' nor the chosen. Especially if he's teaching mess like this. He is misleading folks into hell.

Seriously... this man a Pastor... :nono:

auparavant

Shimmie

Nope! Haha. But there he is all over TBN talking about XYZ...and he then promotes this book/film. So, to me, he's "Pastor" Harvey. AHAHA I don't hate him, he just needs to sit down and be quiet and reflect through introspection or something.

See, I had a discussion with someone and that person isn't christian and could not see my point that he's actually going against church teaching but proclaiming to follow that truth and that's the biggest reason I could not see any value in his book/film. He's essentially "preaching" to folks about life he hasn't mastered himself. I have a problem with that. The person I discussed this with didn't see my point about being pure of mind and body. They swear this is one of the panaceas for the Black community, in a sense. :nono: If that's so, G-d help us all.

Last edited:

auparavant

BTw, has anyone seen the movie? I took it with a grain of salt. It wasn't earth-shattering nor phenomenal...just wasn't. Sit down, Steve Harvey...sit down!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie

Nope! Haha. But there he is all over TBN talking about XYZ...and he then promotes this book/film. So, to me, he's "Pastor" Harvey. AHAHA I don't hate him, he just needs to sit down and be quiet and reflect through introspection or something.

See, I had a discussion with someone and that person isn't christian and could not see my point that he's actually going against church teaching but proclaiming to follow that truth and that's the biggest reason I could not see any value in his book/film. He's essentially "preaching" to folks about life he hasn't mastered himself. I have a problem with that. The person I discussed this with didn't see my point about being pure of mind and body. They swear this is one of the panaceas for the Black community, in a sense. :nono: If that's so, G-d help us all.

Girl.... :nono2: :lachen: :lol:

You had me for a minute... :lol: And the very reason is because of TBN; I thought perhaps someone ordained him... quite blindly I might add.

I stopped watching TBN when both Harvey and Jamaal Bryant were regular hosts of the the TBN night shows. Out of all of the serious Black men of God that are available and this is what they resort to, I didn't need to watch it anymore. :nono: I don't need to be exposed to un-Godly spirits, I get enough of that from the world.

I don't know who Harvey thinks he's playing games with; he's surely playing games with peoples souls while they're calculating a sexual countdown. And there are some Christian women who follow this man instead of Jesus, that are literally taking this to heart and following through with it. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
BTw, has anyone seen the movie? I took it with a grain of salt. It wasn't earth-shattering nor phenomenal...just wasn't. Sit down, Steve Harvey...sit down!!!

No, I haven't seen it ... :nono: I didn't pay that much attention to its premiere or dvd release.

auparavant

Exactly!!! I didn't even know about it until a guy in my group asked me about it and he recommended it. He was convinced it would be life-changing. Um, NO! Haha. So, I obliged him only to find it out it was a big ole piece of stank! So, I let him know why I thought so. Haha.

Another thing, Steve has a mean streak with women, seriously. He reminds me of these controlling guys because his whole focus is in what a man needs. That's not helping women at all. It's always what women need to do to appease and stroke a man's ego. And then this nonsense? But he's up all over the christian broadcast? I have a problem with that and I'm pretty easy going usually.

drmuffin

Funny that this came up…I just watched this yesterday for the first time with my sister.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Yeah, I think it's sad how a lot of women are taking Steve Harvey's book and his advice as if it was God-breathed. How did he become the ultimate relationship expert or guru?

Just this morning on his radio show, he was talking about there were two types of lies and that one is honorable when its just with the one woman you love, and that another type of lie is not honorable when you're lying to two different women. Get out of here with that mess! :nono: All lying is wrong.

Sent via Android LHCF App

Shimmie

Staff member
Yeah, I think it's sad how a lot of women are taking Steve Harvey's book and his advice as if it was God-breathed. How did he become the ultimate relationship expert or guru?

Just this morning on his radio show, he was talking about there were two types of lies and that one is honorable when its just with the one woman you love, and that another type of lie is not honorable when you're lying to two different women. Get out of here with that mess! :nono: All lying is wrong.

He's a wolf and a false prophet :nono:

LucieLoo12

It took me the longest to figure out who Pastor Harvey was :lol:. Then I got it. But Yes I agree with Shimmie, I stopped watching TBN when Steve came on there and then they had Tyrese on it to talking about he just uses the sex in his songs to draw the young people to his concert and then he ministers to them...:dighole:.

So yea I really believe the devil is behing TBN :look:. But Steve Harvey needs to go sit down and get a REAL revelation from God because God will hold him accountable for the souls he is deceiving. I am more harder on them that puts themselves in the spotlight like that because they deceive alllott of people. And they have ppl like TD Jakes, yes I said it :yep:, and many more come on his show and promote this mess. But that book he wrote "think like a man", no I did not read it but I heard about the content in there and for the movie, my Holy Ghost wont even allow me to watch that mess. From the previews it seems like it is full of fornication and lustfulness. We shouldn't be thinking like a man, but we need to think like Jesus. I am not saying there is no hope for Steve, but he needs to repent, seek God and really allow God to convert him because this mess he does now is a mockery of Christianity.

Iwanthealthyhair67

oh well I too have a real problem with TBN having pastor Harvey preaching to folk giving advice and you should should see the audience response, so gullible...

his favorite phrase is; 'he is a work in progress' or God is not done with him yet, those phrases in my opinion have become watered down by the user and made into cliches more excuses to 'fall down' and not get all the way up..

What's even more frightening is how many 'mend of God' endorse his foolishness, what kind of message are we sending, miss leading people...

Poohbear

oh well I too have a real problem with TBN having pastor Harvey preaching to folk giving advice and you should should see the audience response, so gullible...

his favorite phrase is; 'he is a work in progress' or God is not done with him yet, those phrases in my opinion have become watered down by the user and made into cliches more excuses to 'fall down' and not get all the way up..

What's even more frightening is how many 'mend of God' endorse his foolishness, what kind of message are we sending, miss leading people...

These are phrases alot of Christians use to condone sin, even here on this forum. :ohwell:

LucieLoo12

These are phrases alot of Christians use to condone sin, even here on this forum. :ohwell:

Poohbear
Yep you right. There are some people who have a sincere heart with it, meaning I am pressing towards what God has for me, and even though times get hard I am determined to get to that place where God will transform me.

And then you have some who just say it to justify their position in sin. This statement has been shredded to pieces, just like "God know my heart" statement :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member

There are far too many men and women in the spotlight that satan is using profusely to mislead people in the paths of un-righteousness.

The excuse is "it's their personal opinion". However many people who look up to them take their personal opinion as the rule and the right way to follow. The spotlighters want and need their fans and secure them with 'sweet whispers' of sugar sins. They minimize the sin to a fraction leading folks further astray.

A person can be a work in progress for but so long, before it's foundation is no longer there. It's sinking sand. Excuses won't hold up in a storm, but one's secure faith in Jesus will. Secure faith comes from obedience and a willing heart to repent when sin occurs.

We need strong men in this earth. They're here, but there are far too few in the spotlight. Right now we have far too many 'sell-outs' and this includes the president which gives 'permission' for other men to follow who look up to him. All men imitate and follow their heros. Right now, we don't have enough of the right ones.

TBN has done a dis-service to the Body of Christ by lowering it's standards of representation, and this is especially humiliating to the Black community, for the world looks at these men such as Harvey, Tyrese Gibson, Jamal Bryant, Jakes who's now with Oprah and Depok (the psychic) and even Obama and they say, is this the best Blacks have to offer to represent Jesus Christ?

Where are the die hards? Where are the men and women of Integrity? Where are the ones who truly stand for God's heart and righteousness and refuse to compromise and waiver with sin. I'm sick of weak men being in the spotlight and preaching foolishness. Men with plastic testicles which gives no life to those who are perishing in darkness. They are void of God's heart; void of building strong men to carry the torch of rightousness and allowing God to be exhalted and not satan.

In this life to live right, you take a high risk, for you will lose acceptance of the world, but yet ... Oh but yet, God's Word clearly says, 'What does it profit a man (or woman) to gain the whole world and to lose your soul?

Jesus put it best when satan offered him the world and all of it's riches: "Get thee behind me satan"........ and the devil left him, for season.

Jesus was fully equipped to handle the next season, however men who know God not, have failed, and failed miserably. It's showing in the Harveys and the Obamas and the Gibsons, and Jamal Bryants and Jakes... and.......

God said that He would not contend with 'us' forever...:nono:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Poohbear

TBN has done a dis-service to the Body of Christ by lowering it's standards of representation, and this is especially humiliating to the Black community, for the world looks at these men such as Harvey, Tyrese Gibson, Jamal Bryant, Jakes who's now with Oprah and Depok (the psychic) and even Obama and they say, is this the best Blacks have to offer to represent Jesus Christ?

I've never been a fan on TBN. For those of you who watch or used to watch TBN on a regular basis, why were y'all expecting such high standards from TBN? Why do you expect this network to represent Christ? Don't they show all types of religious flattery on this network? I'm thinking of people like Benny Hinn who has always been on there... did y'all like him and agree with him?

LucieLoo12

I would watch TBN from time to time. I would love the show "Way of the Master" , the bible movies and such. I wasn't a hard core fan, but some programs were good to me. Now, i can barely watch any of the network. I wasn't expecting TBN to be the holy grail of the image of holiness but when they started flat out promoting things that wasn't of God, I was done. When Kirk Franklin sung that wordly song on there :nono:......And I have never ever been a fan of Benny Hinn. At one point I did expect them to represent them Christ, because anyone that claims to represent Christianity should represent Christ, I try to give ppl a chance, but we see how that we ends up...:ohwell:. I never used TBN as a source of where I got my doctrine from or source of spiritual enlightement..

I've never been a fan on TBN. For those of you who watch or used to watch TBN on a regular basis, why were y'all expecting such high standards from TBN? Why do you expect this network to represent Christ? Don't they show all types of religious flattery on this network? I'm thinking of people like Benny Hinn who has always been on there... did y'all like him and agree with him?

loulou7

You have a 90-day wait, to fornicate!

Exactly!!! I didn't even know about it until a guy in my group asked me about it and he recommended it. He was convinced it would be life-changing. Um, NO! Haha. So, I obliged him only to find it out it was a big ole piece of stank! So, I let him know why I thought so. Haha.

Another thing, Steve has a mean streak with women, seriously. He reminds me of these controlling guys because his whole focus is in what a man needs. That's not helping women at all. It's always what women need to do to appease and stroke a man's ego. And then this nonsense? But he's up all over the christian broadcast? I have a problem with that and I'm pretty easy going usually.

I'm glad you mentioned this; I thought I was just surmising. His message is one-sided. And I hate when he keeps mentioning "the cookie." To me, it sounds juvenile.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Shimmie

girl, nobody wants to be that VOICE crying in the wilderness, cause nobody wants to be in the wilderness, it's too lonely and cold out there...

There are far too many men and women in the spotlight that satan is using profusely to mislead people in the paths of un-righteousness.

The excuse is "it's their personal opinion". However many people who look up to them take their personal opinion as the rule and the right way to follow. The spotlighters want and need their fans and secure them with 'sweet whispers' of sugar sins. They minimize the sin to a fraction leading folks further astray.

A person can be a work in progress for but so long, before it's foundation is no longer there. It's sinking sand. Excuses won't hold up in a storm, but one's secure faith in Jesus will. Secure faith comes from obedience and a willing heart to repent when sin occurs.

We need strong men in this earth. They're here, but there are far too few in the spotlight. Right now we have far too many 'sell-outs' and this includes the president which gives 'permission' for other men to follow who look up to him. All men imitate and follow their heros. Right now, we don't have enough of the right ones.

Where are the die hards? Where are the men and women of Integrity? Where are the ones who truly stand for God's heart and righteousness and refuse to compromise and waiver with sin. I'm sick of weak men being in the spotlight and preaching foolishness. Men with plastic testicles which gives no life to those who are perishing in darkness. They are void of God's heart; void of building strong men to carry the torch of rightousness and allowing God to be exhalted and not satan.

In this life to live right, you take a high risk, for you will lose acceptance of the world, but yet ... Oh but yet, God's Word clearly says, 'What does it profit a man (or woman) to gain the whole world and to lose your soul?

Jesus put it best when satan offered him the world and all of it's riches: "Get thee behind me satan"........ and the devil left him, for season.

Jesus was fully equipped to handle the next season, however men who know God not, have failed, and failed miserably. It's showing in the Harveys and the Obamas and the Gibsons, and Jamal Bryants and Jakes... and.......

Poohbear

I agree. Especially when he gives advice on those Strawberry letters on his morning show. He seems to be harder on the women who do foolish things than the man who does foolish things.

loulou7

So true Shimmie! Men with plastic testicles...:lachen:

auparavant

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

It's only valid for those folks living a dishonorable male role. For men and gentlemen, esp. those in Christ? I'm just in shock he's promoting this mess. Like, who pushed him to conceive of such an idea to spread his gangsta-lean? :lachen:Zoot-suit wearing, bald-head having, non-committal keeping, boo-hoo-crying on TBN acting man! :nono:

LucieLoo12

You know what I find ironic about this. Majority of "sinners" or ppl who have no devotion to God whatsoever see this man as a hyprocrite but it's the "church" people who love him....:ohwell:

auparavant

You have a 90-day wait, to fornicate!

I'm glad you mentioned this; I thought I was just surmising. His message is one-sided. And I hate when he keeps mentioning "the cookie." To me, it sounds juvenile.

LOL! I'm just.... meh

And the sad thing is ...this poor guy doesn't even think it's possible to live differently. Have our families become that bad? I shudder to truly think about the answer. And people do make mistakes...but if you never say no to sin, that is the problem.

Poohbear

I feel ya. The difference between making a mistake and living a life of mistakes with excuses for each and every time...:yep: Sometimes, people struggle but if those never try, then they are losing out on loving G-d. This, interestingly enough, was part of our homily this past Sunday.

Shimmie

Staff member

I started watching TBN because it was a change from secular TV. There were several teachers there that I respected: Marilyn Hickey, Fred Price, later came Kirk Cameron who is no nonsense (Way of the Master), CeCe Winans (I still respect her), Alvin Slaughter, (I love his music ministry) and some others. Although much of it was 'dry', it was still better than secular garbage. In the late 90's many of the Black Ministers were evolving on TBN and my interest was peaked; for a while I was a 'captive audience' of TBN. Then I began to 'out grow' them. I'm not saying that I'm better, but the teachings were not growing as I was growing. TBN's standards were shrinking. I began to lose interest.

My life is with my Pastors and my family and other activities. I don't depend upon TV to develop my relationship with Jesus. I'm not knocking all TV Ministries as there are still others that I respect... Andrew Womack; Dr. David Jeremiah, Dr. Charles Stanley, his son, Andy Stanley, Bill Winston, Max Lucado, and several others. I currently watch DayStar Christian TV. They have a few shows that are a blessing. The testimonies from the guests are inspiring and I know they're not hype.

Shimmie

Staff member
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

It's only valid for those folks living a dishonorable male role. For men and gentlemen, esp. those in Christ? I'm just in shock he's promoting this mess. Like, who pushed him to conceive of such an idea to spread his gangsta-lean? :lachen:Zoot-suit wearing, bald-head having, non-committal keeping, boo-hoo-crying on TBN acting man! :nono:

Zoot suit :lol:

Is he doing the 'crocodile tears' on TBN?

Lawd...there's no real water in those tears. :nono: It' all hyped to pump emotions from the crowd...

Shimmie

Staff member
So true Shimmie! Men with plastic testicles...:lachen:

:lol: It's true though. God created men to produce life. These men are reducing life, sending people's souls to hell.

They better steer clear of the heat. When plastic melts it ain't no joke.

Our men are a mess and women and children are hurting because of it. Men are not taking their responsibility as God has called them to. We need real men in the spotlight to reproduce more real men. Men who are valient for God and righteous living.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie

girl, nobody wants to be that VOICE crying in the wilderness, cause nobody wants to be in the wilderness, it's too lonely and cold out there...

Girl u preaching!

People want a life of comfort and peace. They want everyone to love them and agree with them! :nono: you can't serve the world and God.

Preach... :clap:

I'm not afraid... :nono: I'm not being boastful here. I just can't sit and watch so many lives get messed up.

All day, we pray and listen to hearts that are full and broken and bruised. The reason behind the hurts.... poor leaders, that are being followed blindly by those who are lost and feel they have found truth and security in these leaders who are the worse examples for anyone to follow. :nono:

My heart breaks over this.

Steve Harvey is a perfect example of a mess in progress and he is projecting more mess upon the lives of others.