Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

jprayze

Challengers-- All this time I couldn't find 4% MN, but the 4% MN is in the prefilled applicators that come like in a 3day pack. I picked some up, but I am not going to start using it yet. The mix I made at the start of the challenge is lasting forever.

DominicanBrazilian82

jprayze said:
Challengers-- All this time I couldn't find 4% MN, but the 4% MN is in the prefilled applicators that come like in a 3day pack. I picked some up, but I am not going to start using it yet. The mix I made at the start of the challenge is lasting forever.

Do you think that the increase of active ingredient equals the increase of side effects?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

jprayze

[USER=355477 said:
DominicanBrazilian82[/USER];16984129]Do you think that the increase of active ingredient equals the increase of side effects?

Honestly, I don't know. I am going to do some searches on it and I'll come back with any results.

I may not end of using it at all...the box came with a tube of 2% and 2 of these prefilled applicators and it got me curious.

Calling any challenger who is already using 4%...

Mznelly

jprayze said:

Where did you find the 4% ? What brand was it and how much did it cost? My mn mix is done so I need to mix up a new batch

DominicanBrazilian82

jprayze said:
Then we will have a big surprise when we take them out!:grin::yay::party: It really will be good to hide my hair, so I don't look at it too much...

So I don't touch it too much too! Ugh! I'm constantly touching it.

jprayze

Mznelly said:
Where did you find the 4% ? What brand was it and how much did it cost? My mn mix is done so I need to mix up a new batch

Walgreens generic miconazole 3. I think it was $11.

NikkiQ

jprayze when in THE world did you add me to the challengers list!? :lol: I had no idea. I would've been posting my butt off.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

jprayze

NikkiQ said:
jprayze when in THE world did you add me to the challengers list!? :lol: I had no idea. I would've been posting my butt off.

I snuck you on there to force you officially join us! Lol...show some progress pics on Oct 15th...i know you have some!

jprayze

I have to wash my hair y'all! Between the MN oil and my EO blend I started on Monday, it's time for some cleansing.

NikkiQ

I snuck you on there to force you officially join us! Lol...show some progress pics on Oct 15th...i know you have some!

Lol okay. I'll compare the pics to my last length check for the APL challenge on Sept. 30th

NaturalfienD

^
So happy you're joining girlfriend!!!

I'm headed to the store now to purchase MN. I am going to look for the 4% and I will mix .5 oz of that with 2 oz of an oil mix in an applicator bottle. My plan is to apply for 4 times a week for the first three weeks and cut down the amount of weekly use every three weeks until the challenge is over to reduce the chances of having a lot of shedding. I'm am excited about this challenge and looking forward to getting more growth. I will be back to post remaining stats later today.

I hope you all are doing well …

Last edited:

NaturalfienD

[*]What is your current length?

A little past APL in the back and barely passing CBL in the front.

[*]Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN?

I used MN during the last challenge for about a month and got good results. I wanted to see if it would make a difference if I didn't put anything on my scalp, so I took time off to figure out what was best for me. After seeing the growth many of y'all got, I had to get back in this challenge.

[*]How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?

It will be mixed with jojoba, castor, coconut, and grapeseed oils. I added sage and rosemary e.o. too.

[*]What frequency will you apply it?

4xs a week to start and gradually reduce from there.

[*]Any other growth aids that you are using?

N/A

Shout out to my hubby who's getting better at taking pix … sorry about loading so many pix, my phone tripping and won't let me take them off.

HHG ladies …

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121006_164657.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121006_164657.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 23
  • ForumRunner_20121006_164709.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121006_164709.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 18
  • ForumRunner_20121006_164737.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121006_164737.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 21
  • ForumRunner_20121006_164753.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121006_164753.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 20
  • ForumRunner_20121006_164812.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121006_164812.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

jprayze

^

I'm headed to the store now to purchase MN. I am going to look for the 4% and I will mix .5 oz of that with 2 oz of an oil mix in an applicator bottle. My plan is to apply for 4 times a week for the first three weeks and cut down the amount of weekly use every three weeks until the challenge is over to reduce the chances of having a lot of shedding. I'm am excited about this challenge and looking forward to getting more growth. I will be back to post remaining stats later today.

Hey!!! Did you end up getting the 4%?

jprayze

Been doing some research on 4% and thought I would share. Quoted from another thread, you should be able to go to the original post and read more!

Be careful with the 4% one i've heard it's been taking peoples hair out because it's to strong.

Definitely monitor the condition and health of your hair and scalp closely (your overall health too)!

I got the 4% from walgreens as well. I used it straight and havent had any problems, but I never did with the 2% either. I didn't use an entire tube, but i can be rather stingy with it

She used 4% straight. When I first started 2% MN, I always used it straight followed by oil and then I said why not mix it?

I started out using 4% and had fast results. I didn't see any results with the 2% by itself (maybe I just wasn't patient with it after having the 4% bring my bald spots in within 2 weeks!). I recently started mixing 1 applicator tube of the 4% with 1/3 of the little 2% tube that comes with it in order to help stretch the 4%. I'm still getting results that way.

^^This right here! 2 weeks...I'm about to break open the 4% for my temples. Well, maybe in November. I have to see how this EO blend I'm using works first.

There is a thread on the other site a girl hair grew an inch amonth for 4 mths using the 4% from rite aid. the title was "i'm going to share my secret" I'm on day 2 of MN application LOL

A consistent inch every month is great especially if it's retained.

Last edited:

NaiyaAi

Just wanted to share how my progress is going... This is approximately four weeks' worth of MN. I can really see a difference more towards the middle/top of my head. The front... I'm working on that. :sad:

I just relaxed today, but I'm saving the length pic for our official check-in.

Attachments

• IMG_0637[1].jpg
    IMG_0637[1].jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0638[1].jpg
    IMG_0638[1].jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 53

jprayze

NaiyaAi said:
Just wanted to share how my progress is going... This is approximately four weeks' worth of MN. I can really see a difference more towards the middle/top of my head. The front... I'm working on that. :sad:

That's a lot of new growth! When was your last relaxer?

destinyseeker

NaiyaAi said:

Good progress NaiyaAi!

I relaxed yesterday... My roots were so intense I could barely comb through my hair (ouch!!) I can't wait for the check in... my progress is quite nice!! :)

DominicanBrazilian82

NaturalfienD said:
^

I love the breakdown you have to reduce/alleviate shedding. I might have to steal this! :grin:

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

… Hi ladies, I wanted to update you all on my MN use. After applying, I got those good tingles letting me know that the magic was happening. The oil amounted to 4.5 oz instead of 3 like I planned. I still added .5 oz of the MN, which ended up being half the tube.

jprayze ~ I looked and looked but I couldn't find the 4%. Even the 3 day MN treatment was 2% … I ain't mad though, I will use the 2% and hunt for the 4% to use when I run out of this batch. :)

DominicanBrazilian82 ~ I'm happy you like the breakdown, steal away girlfriend :). I can't take full credit for the breakdown, I watched a vid on YouTube (by MsAmericanPie, I think) that suggested MN users taper their use of the product prior to discontinuing to reduce the chances of hella shedding. I want to keep as much hair in my scalp as possible … by any means necessary ;).

NaiyaAi ~ great growth, I'm looking forward to the check in photos!!

HHG ladies …

jprayze

I found 4% on drugstore.com.

Monistat: http://www.drugstore.com/monistat-3...am-prefilled-applicator/qxp12696?catid=184085

Walgreens brand: http://www.drugstore.com/walgreens-miconazole-3-vaginal-antifungal-combination-pack/qxp369898 (This is the one I bought. It didn't really have 4% on the package, but when I looked inside I saw that the applicators were 4% and I was like WOW!

They have free shipping for purchases $25 or more. Or just look for this package in the store.

The applicators have 0.18 oz in each one of them (at least in the Walgreens brand) plus you get a small tube of 2%.

DominicanBrazilian82

I saw the 4% in Walmart and it was a box of 3 pre-filled applicators. I didn't check to see the weight (oz) of each applicator. jprayze can probably tell us better.

jprayze

Seems like 7 day has 2% and 3 day has 4% to do it in a shorter amount of time. And if all the prefilled applicators have about the same amount, you get a total of about .5 oz. I'm still on the same 1.0 oz I had since the beginning of Sept and I still have quite a bit left.

Interestingly enough, when I left drugstore.com and signed back into lhcf, there was 10% drugstore.com offer on the lhcf banner ad...don't tempt me LOL

If any of you decide to order from drugstore.com, the shipping times are great. Sometimes I get my order the next day.

Mznelly

Ok i took a few days off and I've decided i probably will continue the sulfur challenge...but I'll i do it twice a week as a over night treatment.

I am changing my MN formula, I'm going back to my mega tek because i love it so much. so my mixture will be 6oz of MT, 2oz Emu oil aea certified and 4% MN peppermint and lavender oil for the tingles

Last edited:

DominicanBrazilian82

Mznelly said:
Ok i took a few days off and I've decided i probably will continue the sulfur challenge...but I'll i do it twice a week as a over night treatment.

I am changing my MN formula, I'm going back to my mega tek because i love it so much. so my mixture will be 6oz of MT, 2oz Emu oil aed certified and 4% MN peppermint and lavender oil for the tingles

I am going to alternate nights that I do sulfur and MN. I love your overnight treatment idea for the sulfur :smile:

Mznelly

I am going to alternate nights that I do sulfur and MN. I love your overnight treatment idea for the sulfur :smile:

Thanks, i already wash my hair twice a week wed and sun so that's the only way i could eliminate the oily lumpy hair... My MN will be daily application because the MT doesn't weigh down my hair and I've been hearing good things about Emu oil... Time to setter if it lives up to it's hype because it's bloody expensive. The things a sista would do for some hang time is ridiculous ughhhhh

deedoswell

jprayze sorry I forgot all about doing this challenge. I was in the first one and had great results! Hope you don't mind me "lurking"! By the way your hair looks great!