Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

Mjon912

Checking in again...I'm trying to apply every night...even if it at 4am...wake up, go to the bathroom, get my MN! BSL IM COMING FOR YOU!!!!

jprayze

Mjon912 said:
^next wash I'll roller set and flat iron my roots to do my progress pic from 9/21-now =)

I'm going to try to wait until the end of December for my next progress pic, hopefully results will be dramatic! I may be able to hit BSB. In order to do that, I may need to hide my hair. At the very least, keep Bunning!

jprayze

Sooo I sent my mom this pic of my latest bun and she says mix me up some of that stuff you put on your hair!:lol:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=17064521&postcount=280

SN: I'm thinking about adding viviscal to my vitamin regi! Been doing the research. Anyone in here taking it. BTW -- my current vitamin regi is simple-- a one a day multi, 1000 mcg biotin/ day, and a Vitamin D/Calcium supplement 2x/day, but I want to kick it up a notch. (I joined the Vitamin Challenge for 2013).

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

I applied MN last night after cowashing and sealing my ends with vaseline. The marble trick was effective and I noticed that I got more of the MN on my scalp than usual (I hope that makes sense ...) so that approach is a keeper! I am taking my mini braids out this weekend and it is long overdue. I will not post any updated pix because I just joined this challenge two weeks ago and I am certain that there is not a noticible difference in length, so December it is.

jprayze, I have never taken viviscal so I am looking forward to hearing your results if you choose to start that vitamin. I might be lurking in the vitamin challenge so I can see if I am missing out on something awesome.

I hope you all have a great day ...

Mznelly

So I got my mega tek and emu oil today mixed it with peppermint oil lavender oil and evco. I did use the marble trick and it worked wonders. I take no vitamins and I know I should really start to incorporate them in my regime ill let you guys know if I decide to incorporate anything

jprayze

[USER=331121 said:
NaturalfienD[/USER];17066947]Checking In:

I applied MN last night after cowashing and sealing my ends with vaseline. The marble trick was effective and I noticed that I got more of the MN on my scalp than usual (I hope that makes sense ...) so that approach is a keeper! I am taking my mini braids out this weekend and it is long overdue. I will not post any updated pix because I just joined this challenge two weeks ago and I am certain that there is not a noticible difference in length, so December it is.

jprayze, I have never taken viviscal so I am looking forward to hearing your results if you choose to start that vitamin. I might be lurking in the vitamin challenge so I can see if I am missing out on something awesome.

I hope you all have a great day ...

I ordered it...drugstore.com is having 20% off of vitamins right now. I got a 2 months supply so far. Plan to start November 1. So my end of the year check in will be the results of MN and Viviscal.:grin:

Friom viviscal.com...
How long will it take to see results?Viviscal works in 4 stages over a 6 month period. Most users notice a difference after just 3 to 4 months.
Stage 1- Hair follicles are nourished through consistent intake of nutrients and marine complex in each tablet
Stage 2- Thin and whispy hair is strengthened through continued nourishment
Stage 3- Breakage and thinning continue to decline, encourage existing hair growth.
Stage 4- These hairs become stronger, healthier, and more vibrant.

ManiiSweetheart

If im thinking correctly BSB is a little shorter than BSL for me... and im thinking BSB is where your hair meets the curvature of your shoulder bone.. which i think i have reached or a little ways away... ANYWAYS:drunk: Heres my progress pics since May .. Im not exactly sure why the pictures are out of order though :spinning:

jprayze

ManiiSweetheart said:
If im thinking correctly BSB is a little shorter than BSL for me... and im thinking BSB is where your hair meets the curvature of your shoulder bone.. which i think i have reached or a little ways away... ANYWAYS:drunk: Heres my progress pics since May .. Im not exactly sure why the pictures are out of order though :spinning:

Yes BSB is before BSL. For some ppl, the difference is larger based on where they wear their bra. For me, BSL is almost MBL.

Btw, Great steady growth!!! Did you take a MN break between the challenges?

ManiiSweetheart

Yes BSB is before BSL. For some ppl, the difference is larger based on where they wear their bra. For me, BSL is almost MBL.

Btw, Great steady growth!!! Did you take a MN break between the challenges?

Yes I did take. Break from MN but I continued with my cayenne mix, I'm so happy with my growth!

Mjon912

jprayze I'm protective styling until thanksgiving in an effort to just let my hair relax and grow... I'd love to be BSB by Christmas so I might take a week break and ps again until then
Mznelly can you keep us posted on your mega tek results...I've always been interested in it but never got it.
ManiiSweetheart your hairs looking GREAT doll!

Checking in...I ordered some more hair trigger growth elixir plus some rosemary and cayenne oil that I added to my mix! Still trying to get in the habit of applying every day but I did today! Go me lol

jprayze

[USER=346679]Mjon912[/USER] said:
jprayze I'm protective styling until thanksgiving in an effort to just let my hair relax and grow... I'd love to be BSB by Christmas so I might take a week break and ps again until then
Mznelly can you keep us posted on your mega tek results...I've always been interested in it but never got it.
ManiiSweetheart your hairs looking GREAT doll!

Checking in...I ordered some more hair trigger growth elixir plus some rosemary and cayenne oil that I added to my mix! Still trying to get in the habit of applying every day but I did today! Go me lol

What protective styles are you doing?

Mjon912

jprayze the only one I know how to do, my braid in the front and bun or banana clip in the back, I just switch the side of the braid

Mznelly

I love mega tek the only downside to me is that I have to order it online and sometimes the sellers try to rape your pockets... When I'm using this I apply it ONLY to my scalp because it's so high in protein. It has emu oil, evco, mn and mega tek in it, I baggy at night and dc 2x a week to ensure my hair doesn't go out of balance. I'll post periodic pics of my new growth and progress:)

jprayze

I ordered it...drugstore.com is having 20% off of vitamins right now. I got a 2 months supply so far. Plan to start November 1. So my end of the year check in will be the results of MN and Viviscal.:grin:

Friom viviscal.com...
How long will it take to see results?Viviscal works in 4 stages over a 6 month period. Most users notice a difference after just 3 to 4 months.
Stage 1- Hair follicles are nourished through consistent intake of nutrients and marine complex in each tablet
Stage 2- Thin and whispy hair is strengthened through continued nourishment
Stage 3- Breakage and thinning continue to decline, encourage existing hair growth.
Stage 4- These hairs become stronger, healthier, and more vibrant.

Just got it! Drugstore.com shipping is crazy fast!

Last edited:

jprayze

jprayze said:
Thanks! I apply once every day in a mix of WGHO and apricot oil and a few drops of peppermint. Was thinking of changing my mix but its working so well and my first batch was about 2.5 oz total with 1.0 being MN and I still have some.

I'm going to use 2% MN straight from today until I wash again bc I don't want the excess oil on my flat ironed hair.

Ordered a 16oz bottle of apricot oil and an extra bottle of WGHO...scared to alter my mix! Plus I'm going to make some for my mama :)

jprayze

jprayze said:
Ended up not using any MN yesterday...fell asleep last night so I did it first thing in the morning. So today is my first day of using it straight. I will let you know when I stop.

Tomorrow will make one week of applying MN straight and I plan to continue until this tube is finished (it's small). Then back to my mix until further notice!

I'm really excited about the long stretch for length check! Still Thinking about getting crochet braids to hide my hair...

DominicanBrazilian82

Haven't updated in a while, but I have been applying at least two times /week. I applied tonight (which is only my 2nd time this week) with my new mix:

Some MN (about .75 oz)
Grape-seed Oil
JBCO
AE Garlic Treatment
3 Drops of Tea Tree Oil

This new dream mix provides garlic to my scalp to directly combat shedding, Grape seed oil for my ceramide benefit, JBCO as a thickening agent... And of course the MN. I'm really excited to apply this new mix. This will hopefully be the inspiration I need to keep me on track.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

jprayze

[USER=340099 said:
ManiiSweetheart[/USER];17069733]If im thinking correctly BSB is a little shorter than BSL for me... and im thinking BSB is where your hair meets the curvature of your shoulder bone.. which i think i have reached or a little ways away... ANYWAYS:drunk: Heres my progress pics since May .. Im not exactly sure why the pictures are out of order though :spinning:

Are you claiming BSB?