is it a such thing as hair smelling dry?

Lilmama1011

I just did my first protective style this week and before detangling and moisturizing and sealing for my wash later on today i smelled my hair because i smelled a light scent. The only way i could describe it is dry. i also didn't like the way my ends felt because i never have dry hair because I'm very conscience of it. SO said it did have a light scent like nothing was on my hair. Needless to say i won't be protective styling anymore, i will stick to low manipulation like i usually do.

During my protective styling i took it down once and moisturized and sealed the third day. The rest i was just sealing with sweet almond oil.

Btw while detangling i didn't notice i lost extra hair or broke hair even though it was dry but I'm still leaving it alone lol

CurlyMoo

I smelled it the other day, it was very subtle and I spontaneously started moisturizing.
Sometimes it will smell like flat ironed hair depending on what else is in my hair.:perplexed

Lilmama1011

I smelled it the other day, it was very subtle and I spontaneously started moisturizing.
Sometimes it will smell like flat ironed hair depending on what else is in my hair.:perplexed

At least I'm not the only one thanks. Mine doesn't smell like flat iron because i don't use direct heat but i see what your saying