Single Christian Women's Support - THE REMIX!

Divine.

Lately I feel like God has been prompting me to work on certain areas in my life. For example, I have been cooking more, cleaning more, and working on my finances. I have even been working on my appearance. I kicked Forever 21 to the curb for more flattering items at New York and Co and Limited. Although my avi proves otherwise, I actually hate primping myself during the week (that goes for hair, makeup, AND clothes). I am now more cognizant of my appearance and I take pride in looking good.

I'm kind of practicing my duties as a wife now. I'm glad that I am doing this because I am realizing it's much harder to do on a consistent basis than I thought. Now I do it for kicks, but when I get married cooking, cleaning, and being a helpmeet to my husband is going to be my full time job.

Emotionally we may be ready for a husband, but spiritually and physically what are we bringing to the table? I highly encourage you ladies to work on yourselves in all areas of your life. Wives are the body and husbands are the head. We should be elevating and supporting our men. Not looking to men to save us. Let's save ourselves and work on becoming an essential asset to our future husbands.

Last edited:

nlamr2013

1. The forever21 comment is funny to me because recently I watched YouTube and the girl was like how f21 was her favorite store and her so said but you're not 21. He could have been acting but he seemed so serious in his belief that you should shop at f21 until you're 21.
Also idk if you've ever heard of zara but they're like a point in between f21 and nyco (nyco I feel like I'm always dressed for the office because they only really sell business cas their sales are on point though) also hm business cas section is nice and fairly well made. As well as the usual suspects of Ross, Marshalls, and Tj Maxx especially for nice modest yet super cute yet transformable from work to dinner dresses. Lol and clearly the department stores (macys, jcp, dillards all have excellent sales racks and Sears actually isn't expensive usually)

^^I'm sure you probably already know all this but just in case! Save yourself some money honey. Lol the few times I've walked in the limited I nearly passes out. (However I JUST shashayed over to their site and see this 40% off sitewide coupon. Let me slide some things in my cart right quick :look: they didn't have sales like this when I used to look)

But yes I do believe in buying quality clothing items (as well as everything else) it makes you feel better because the terms fit better, last longer, and are so nicely made that you feel like the royalty you are!

I agree also with your last statement. Better yourself not just for a husband but just because.

Divine.

Let me clarify: I only shop at these places when there is a sale :lol: I stopped shopping in Forever 21 because my style has changed, not because I'm above shopping there. I feel like some of their clothes make me look "young" and I want to look more classy, you know? And I want my clothes to last longer. I work in a business environment, so I fare better at New York and Co, Express, and Limited when looking for appropriate attire.

I'll buy a few tops here and there and some jewelry from Forever 21 but that's probably the extent of my time in that store. I don't fit most of their pants anyways :look: I don't pay full price for anything so I frequently go to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross. Zara very rarely has sales so I don't go in there at all :ohwell:

I'm only speaking for myself :lol: I'm not saying don't shop at Forever 21 :nono: Just for me, personally, I would like to look more mature and professional. I think I'm over my hipster phase lol

1. The forever21 comment is funny to me because recently I watched YouTube and the girl was like how f21 was her favorite store and her so said but you're not 21. He could have been acting but he seemed so serious in his belief that you should shop at f21 until you're 21.
Also idk if you've ever heard of zara but they're like a point in between f21 and nyco (nyco I feel like I'm always dressed for the office because they only really sell business cas their sales are on point though) also hm business cas section is nice and fairly well made. As well as the usual suspects of Ross, Marshalls, and Tj Maxx especially for nice modest yet super cute yet transformable from work to dinner dresses. Lol and clearly the department stores (macys, jcp, dillards all have excellent sales racks and Sears actually isn't expensive usually)

^^I'm sure you probably already know all this but just in case! Save yourself some money honey. Lol the few times I've walked in the limited I nearly passes out. (However I JUST shashayed over to their site and see this 40% off sitewide coupon. Let me slide some things in my cart right quick :look: they didn't have sales like this when I used to look)

But yes I do believe in buying quality clothing items (as well as everything else) it makes you feel better because the terms fit better, last longer, and are so nicely made that you feel like the royalty you are!

I agree also with your last statement. Better yourself not just for a husband but just because.

nlamr2013

Let me clarify: I only shop at these places when there is a sale :lol: I stopped shopping in Forever 21 because my style has changed, not because I'm above shopping there. I feel like some of their clothes make me look "young" and I want to look more classy, you know? And I want my clothes to last longer. I work in a business environment, so I fare better at New York and Co, Express, and Limited when looking for appropriate attire.

I'll buy a few tops here and there and some jewelry from Forever 21 but that's probably the extent of my time in that store. I don't fit most of their pants anyways :look: I don't pay full price for anything so I frequently go to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross. Zara very rarely has sales so I don't go in there at all :ohwell:

I'm only speaking for myself :lol: I'm not saying don't shop at Forever 21 :nono: Just for me, personally, I would like to look more mature and professional. I think I'm over my hipster phase lol

ITA! F21 is more trendy to me and I'm not a trendy dresser

Belle Du Jour

I ended up reading Remember the Roses. It was ok but I was shocked at the section where she talks about celebrating the "marriage" between two gay friends. :nono: l was not expecting that in a book written by a Christian author. Not to mention she ended up marrying a divorced man. Those two things jumped out at me and would like to warn anyone else who might consider purchasing the book.

Phoenix14

I'm feeling so discouraged. I'm almost afraid to be attracted to anyone. I'm happiest when I'm not crushing on anyone. That probably doesn't even make sense lol.

Testimony: I joined my local Pinky Promise group and we've already been regular contact via GroupMe, IG, and will be meeting up soon

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I'm feeling so discouraged. I'm almost afraid to be attracted to anyone. I'm happiest when I'm not crushing on anyone. That probably doesn't even make sense lol.

Testimony: I joined my local Pinky Promise group and we've already been regular contact via GroupMe, IG, and will be meeting up soon

It makes sense :).

Phoenix14

It makes sense :).

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE

I think it's because for the first time that I can even remember, I like someone and the feelings aren't returned. He's a member of my church. I spend time with his family about once a week or so (I'm friends with his siblings as well) and it's almost like the more I'm around him the more attracted I am to him (and none of it is physical). Even just the way he prays makes me like him.

I haven't and will not express how I feel because I truly believe that if God wants us together He'll nudge him to make the first move. Until then I'll just enjoy the time I spend with his family (they really have made me feel like I'm back at home with my own family and friends). I pray for him and for myself that if it be God's will, that it will happen the RIGHT way. I also pray (this is more recently) that if God doesn't want this then please to rid my heart of its affection for him. Because at this point it sometimes hurts to see him at church, at dinner, etc. knowing that I'm just over here hugging my bible and pining lol.

LoveisYou

From Today 's sermon, the order of relationships:

1. Relationship with God
2. Relationship with yourself
3. Relationship with others

Our relationship with God and ourselves, sets the stage for our relationship with others.

stephluv

Over the weekend the Lord was just letting me know to wait! I spoke about not worrying at my friend church for their youth night Friday, Saturday had a meeting and we discussed about identity and how do we define ourselves in Christ and then we had a discussion about Submission on Sunday at my church among the youth. Very interesting weekend for me as I was in conversation with the Lord.

Divine.

Sometimes I wonder what God has up His sleeves. I always imagined my love story to turn out like Heather and Cornelius :lol: but now I'm really curious to see how it will come together. I don't even know what He's cooking for my love life.

nlamr2013

I'm so jeljel the chapter where I'm located currently is very lax we haven't had a proposed meeting since like feb

Phoenix14

I'm so jeljel the chapter where I'm located currently is very lax we haven't had a proposed meeting since like feb

Why don't you push for a meeting? My group has had a brunch, been to an open mic and is planning a movie date and some local concerts, a conference and random meetups in addition to your monthly bible study/meeting .

I think it's about building a relationship with them outside of a monthly meeting.

nlamr2013

Why don't you push for a meeting? My group has had a brunch, been to an open mic and is planning a movie date and some local concerts, a conference and random meetups in addition to your monthly bible study/meeting .

I think it's about building a relationship with them outside of a monthly meeting.

Yeah I think creator is really busy and Idk if they have a board but I know I'm also too busy to coordinate everything. So Idk what to do. I'm moving soon though anyway so I just dk

Phoenix14

Yeah I think creator is really busy and Idk if they have a board but I know I'm also too busy to coordinate everything. So Idk what to do. I'm moving soon though anyway so I just dk

ok. contact the group in the city you're moving to

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Hope this is not too intrusive of a question but ladies what are your living arrangements? Right now I live solo and I enjoy it for the most part but I'm seriously considering getting a roommate. I don't know what God has planned for me but there are also living arrangements like in the tv series 'Melrose Place' where different families live together in apartments that are clustered together and share laundry chores, eat together,...etc. Earlier this year we shared how a few of us were having a hard time financially, how are things going now? Oh and just wanted to share this post with amazing tips for us single ladies concerning our finances (never mind me, today is my 'money date day' :grin:).

As a single parent, I always ask older ladies for advice and words of wisdom about how they handle their finances. One lady in particular Miss Minnie, who I visit was a close friend of my grandmother's. Miss Minnie is 103 years old. Although her eyesight is beginning to fail, her mind is tack sharp. In her own words, she raised nine children on little more than spit and polish. Miss Minnie was in her favorite place, the family room of the beautiful home she shares with one of her
daughter’ s and son-in-law. When I asked her to give her views about growing up "poor", she smiled and told me to rest my feet. Miss Minnie is one of ten children herself, she raised nine children during the depression on one of the poorest farms in the area. Eight of her children are still living - two doctors, two lawyers, three teachers and an engineer. Miss Minnie told me to, "Consider this my pep talk for the day".

She said "Being poor is the ultimate opportunity handed a person. Being poor is no excuse for being filthy and uneducated. You have access to the same libraries, soap and water and schools that others do. Being poor is no excuse for living in a dirty house and wearing dirty clothes. Being poor is no excuse for living surrounded by clutter and garbage. Being poor means that, if you can't presently afford university/college, you can educate yourself until such times as that goal is within your reach.

Being poor means being surrounded by necessities. Being rich means being surrounded by "things". Being rich you can buy perceived happiness. Being poor you make happiness happen. Some are born with a silver spoon in their mouths and some have to go looking for it. They end up better people for chasing after that silver spoon, because they've had to learn valuable lessons along the way. Sometimes they turn that silver spoon into one of solid gold. Being poor means you start at the bottom and work your way up. Being rich means you start at the top and slide your way down. It's harder to work your way up, but the trip is worth the effort. You'll never forget what you learned along the way. You rarely slide your way down again. Being poor means you have to give back to life, you have something to look up to, something to achieve. Being rich means you are always looking down. For some being rich means that rather than earn achievements, you try to buy them. People need to stop saying I'm poor, poor, poor. Pretty soon they'll begin to believe it. Start saying I am at a temporary financial disadvantage right now. I can do something about it.

Stop saying I can't even afford to put food on the table. My family ate potatoes three times a day for more than eight years and look at us today. I'm 103. All my children would still be alive if Hoyt (her son) hadn't gone skiing at age seventy-four and cracked his skull.

Stop saying the government has to do this for me, the government has to do that for me. The government does not have to pull you up by your bootstraps. You are master of your own destiny, digger of your own rut. Destiny can be altered. Ruts are filled all the time. If you lie in yours too long, someone will bury you in it. Self pity is the cruelest form of poverty because it is in your mind.

If you don't like the word poor, just substitute that fancy new term "financially challenged". Keeping up with the Jones's is a game you cannot ever win. Never spend more than you make. Save a bit from everything you make - one penny today, two tomorrow. Tuck the money away and forget you ever saw it come into the house. My children went to university on money we tucked away, and good hard work on their part to make it happen. They never heard us say "we're poor" - "we can't do it". We said that it might take awhile, but if that is what you truly want, it is achievable".

Ladies, Miss Minnie did stop to take a breath, she asked what I was going to do with the information. I told her it was going on the Internet to be read by hundreds of people.

She told me "They'll say. Times changed. She's an old woman living in the past. She is not in touch with reality. Well, tell them that when it comes right down to the crunch there are only six basics that are really important - a roof over their heads however slanted or leaky it might be, something to put in their tummy however boring it tastes, clean water, soap, heat in a cold country, and love of life and family". Her parting shot was - " Tell them too that if they can afford a computer to read this, they are definitely not poor as I understand the term".

Miss Minnie always gets the last word.

I love our Seniors…they really help us all keep things in perspective, and I sure know where Miss Minnie is coming from. Though I had a decent upbringing, there was no silver spoon awaiting my birth.

Link: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=9322140&postcount=1

Wish you all a good week :D

nlamr2013

Right now I'm loving in an apartment owned by my school. I have 3 roommates. All apartments costs were covered in tuition.

After classes are over I'll probably go live at home while I work to save money for when I go back to school.

I am working on my money managing skills now while I have none so that when I actually have some I'll know how to control it. I Know I have issues with saving and not catering to my every financial whim.

Phoenix14

I live alone now. I've always hated living with other people. Sharing a room etc. I would be miserable having a roommate. I love the silence.

I've been spending time with my local Pinky Promise Group and I love these ladies! We have an ongoing GroupMe chat. We meet up to work out, get brunch, church, and various events around the city. We have an instagram page too. I'm glad I bit the bullet and joined.

nlamr2013

^speaking of any ladies here from Charlotte I'm looking into the pp group there and don't really see anything. Maybe I could reboot the group I should have more availability then.

Divine.

Maracujá I live with my parents right now :ohwell: Although it's not my ideal situation, it just makes sense. The cost of living is way too high at my current salary. Plus I have loans, taxes, and other bills to take care of. I don't need rent on top of that :lol:

Things have gotten better financially, but I'm still unsure of where to go next. I'm just using this time to save. In general, life is just not going the way I had planned but I'm eager to see where God takes me.

nlamr2013

We don't love and follow God to 'have something to show' you love God and follow Him and trust Him to Love, follow, and trust Him. Maybe He's trying to work on your heart if you're feeling defeated because you feel you have nothing to show for 'doing the right thing'

But I pray you find someone to speak with! If you want you can pm me. I would advise seeking a faithbased mentor

Belle Du Jour

Divine. I have been feeling that way lately. I spoke to a priest yesterday and he encouraged me to keep saying "Jesus I trust in you." God has a plan for all of us.

Last edited:

Phoenix14

This is your wilderness. Don't lose faith now! Stay strong! Love and Praise through your doubt! Praise him anyway. Think about how the Lord has shown how much He loves you in the past. You're almost there. You are almost at your breakthrough. Don't be like the children of Israel. It took them 40years to make a 7 day journey because they doubted the Lord. Allow your faith to show out and show off.