Monistat 7 for fast hair growth!!

beyondcute

California said:
I made my thread, said what I had to say about this product. My posts are erased when I tell those who are hair challenged to use it who wanna say what they wanna say. Soon as I say something and others laugh about it there erased. Its cool though, I see we have a board Nazi who goes through posts and do as they please and erase at will, when its not necessary :mad: Like I said its cool though, this won't be the only board on the net that have a lot of members, and you won't have to pay to use it!! Please!! This board is bogus!! Gimme my $5 back so I can put it on some more Monistat 7. I don't appreciate it.
Maybe it wouldnt be erased if you didnt make fun other people who are on the same quest as you.

jodydreams

Well california, you have a friend in the mist. I will try this with you. I just ordered MTG, so I will have to FINALLY create a regimine that also includes this intersting mix. Im not going to knock this as a possibility. I am willing to try it for my hair. I will just do a patch test first.

And there really was a lot of people insulting your thread (in a joking manner, but a lil too far). I really want to cut off my relaxed hair and I am transitioning in braids. I really want my edges to grow in nicely...I will be trying this. Yes, I am bold enough. I mean I am using MTG. Y'all askin whats next? Monistat 7 baby. But who will ever know that I actually use it on my hair? Only you all on the forum. E'rybody else will be told Sulfer8! :lachen:

And I do scratch my hair a lot so who knows if I dont have a fungus on my scalp? Who knows what kind chemical reactions and scalp irritations we get from relaxing all the time? What about the synthetic hair that we use to braid our hair with? That could be doin somethin too......

California, Im down

California

Thanks Jody I appreciate your kind words. Giiirl this site is tired!! When I get livid I take action, mark my words. Like I told that girl who had no edges she neeeed some Monistat mixed with MTG and a dose of MSM. I ain't feeling whoever is erasing posts, when people coming here disrespecting my thread and I don't even get an email anymore telling me about new posts to it. Thats too much censoring, control of my account, especially when I paid to post like everybody else. My site you won't have to pay, look out!!!

keldevine

This is alittle extreme. I was already saying no to the MTG for horses now this. I'm just going to stick with my vitamins like biotin, MSM, primose that will not harm me. Hey, just be patient.

Divine Inspiration

WOW!!! :eek:

Ok...I just have to say that Koffie & Blosssom are some funny chicks...you guys had me crackin up :lol:

California, I suppose I'm a little biased since we're both in Cali, :lol: but for real, just be careful. You don't want to undo all of the time & energy you've already put into your hair.

I can't do a whole lot of speaking on this because I don't believe in these kinds of things. I haven't used MTG or taken MSM or any other outrageous/excessive combination of vitamins in hope of dramatic growth. I took biotin for a short while, and quickly nipped that b/c I just don't like takin pills like a 90 year old cancer patient with high blood pressure and diabetes :nono: I've found that eating right, exercising, and maintaining the growth you already have is far more effective than exerting energy applying Doo grow/MSM/Surge/Sulfer 8/MTG/Monistat/Lenzi's Request all mixed up in a bottle to the scalp every night and taking 50 vitamins with 6 protein hair shakes. It just gets to be too much at some point :spinning: ...or does it?

Just my humble opinion as someone with BSL hair that's healthy... :grin:

Good luck with whatever you decide! ;)

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Actually this makes sense after reading up on some things recently. I was in the diet section and someone mentioned coconut oil for weight loss. I did some searching on coconut oil and found that it is anti fungal and anti parasitic, among other things. During my reading up on it I also came across articles that go by the theory that everyone has a fungus problem, even if they arent showing symptions, and testimonies about using extra virgin coconut oil internally and externally and growing hair, clearing up skin problems, getting rid of internal parasites, weight loss and other things. Its been a while, if your interested just google "coconut oil". I also found an interesting site that claimed soy products were bad for us, with some nice little conspiracy theories. I wont be trying this, but if the fungus theory is true, that may be why some people are seeing success using it. I think I will stick with coconut oil tho. :)

Blossssom

Enchantmt said:
Actually this makes sense after reading up on some things recently. I was in the diet section and someone mentioned coconut oil for weight loss. I did some searching on coconut oil and found that it is anti fungal and anti parasitic, among other things. During my reading up on it I also came across articles that go by the theory that everyone has a fungus problem, even if they arent showing symptions, and testimonies about using extra virgin coconut oil internally and externally and growing hair, clearing up skin problems, getting rid of internal parasites, weight loss and other things. Its been a while, if your interested just google "coconut oil". I also found an interesting site that claimed soy products were bad for us, with some nice little conspiracy theories. I wont be trying this, but if the fungus theory is true, that may be why some people are seeing success using it. I think I will stick with coconut oil tho. :)

Oh great! Something ELSE to buy! :)

What's a "pitiful, welfare queen" to do? Heehee! :)

EbonyEyes

I opened this thread honestly thinking that it was going to be a joke.

I'm personally not going to try this one.

Impresaria

I'm your huckleberry.
I don't know what to make of this thread quite yet. I guess when your family has a history of female pattern baldness like mine does, some of these "remedies" don't seem so far-fetched. My mother is bald, her mother is bald...and if I have inherited this condition, by the time I am 50, I will be...yeah, you guessed it...BALD. I am doing what I can to retain the hair on my head, I can give a damn if it reaches my butt. Since I have done my own research and don't think that it'll kill me, then I guess I'll give it a try. Ketoconazole, and clotrimazole mixed with a little Liv. Hmmmmm...it just might work!:look:

Cincysweetie

Blossssom said:
Oh great! Something ELSE to buy! :)

What's a "pitiful, welfare queen" to do? Heehee! :)
Coconut oil is GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!! Blosssssssssssom you HAVE to buy something! Welfare should cover the cost of coconut oil with all it's benefits both internal and external.

Blossssom

Cincysweetie said:
Coconut oil is GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!! Blosssssssssssom you HAVE to buy something! Welfare should cover the cost of coconut oil with all it's benefits both internal and external.

I used to mix it with my Olive Oil and Cocoa Butter oil... are the benefits that great?

How do you take it internally?

Mahalialee4

The bottom line is....people will try "something!"...and in the privacy of your own BR...who is gonna know?? We all experiment....and I do agree that except for the Trade Name and "knowing what Monistat Cream is used for, some would say "NEVA EVA!" But if they come out with a hair growth cream with the very same core ingredients, throw a little color and fragrance in there with some fine testimonials and called it BREAKTHROUGH ...."Finally Waistlength Guaranteed Cream" created by a reknown Dermatogist and hair loss scientist...guaranteed no hairloss should you stop using this cream !" ...Black actresses in Hollywood buying out the stores and throwing away their extensions!!!!!!and gave free samples....there would be a rush on the sites and the BSS TONIGHT!...YOU betcha!!!!!!Same with MTG...if know one knew it was "Horsey Cream...there would be no contest!!!and there would be horses on a waiting list for the stuff!!!because we were grabbing it off the shelves as fast as we could....lolol....( those who "experiment". some are just waiting to see if hair starts falling out on the experimenters heads...but if the experiments start swing waistlength and butt length hair....those in the closet would just pass it on their friends in the closet and refer to it as a secret family recipe handed down....So...with that said...How many closet Monistat hair growers are there on this board? I have not tried it, yet...just waiting for the same thing with a name change Bonjour

Allandra

California said:
I made my thread, said what I had to say about this product. My posts are erased when I tell those who are hair challenged to use it who wanna say what they wanna say. Soon as I say something and others laugh about it there erased. Its cool though, I see we have a board Nazi who goes through posts and do as they please and erase at will, when its not necessary
Like I said its cool though, this won't be the only board on the net that have a lot of members, and you won't have to pay to use it!! Please!! This board is bogus!! Gimme my $5 back so I can put it on some more Monistat 7. I don't appreciate it.
I deleted some of you comments because they were mean and hurtful to some of the posters in this thread, and those are the types of posts that get deleted here at the LHCF. If you feel this board is bogus, you are more than welcome to leave. True, we aren't the only board on the net that has a lot members and some are also free. If you have any comments, please feel free to send me a private message.

Koffie

I am sorry if I offended you on your thread.

I wasn't knocking it at all; I am just a joke-ster by nature.

I joke with my closests freinds like that too.:yep:
But judging by some of you further posts, I feel as though I have offended you.
That was definitely not my intent.:nono:

I guess I shouldn't have gotten too common with things on this board.

Once again, I'm sorry. :rosebud:

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I truly apologize if I offended anyone on this thread. It wasn't my intention and I am truly sorry for those that were offended.

I agree that we should keep all comments and post respectful.

Last edited:

Allandra

Ladies,

Let's continue to stay on topic with this thread (while not making hurtful comments to others). Thanks. in advance. :)

DragonPearl

Mahalialee4 said:
But if they come out with a hair growth cream with the very same core ingredients, throw a little color and fragrance in there with some fine testimonials and called it BREAKTHROUGH ...."Finally Waistlength Guaranteed Cream" created by a reknown Dermatogist and hair loss scientist...guaranteed no hairloss should you stop using this cream !" ...Black actresses in Hollywood buying out the stores and throwing away their extensions!!!!!!and gave free samples....there would be a rush on the sites and the BSS TONIGHT!...YOU betcha!!!!!!Same with MTG...if know one knew it was "Horsey Cream...there would be no contest!!!and there would be horses on a waiting list for the stuff!!!because we were grabbing it off the shelves as fast as we could....lolol....( those who "experiment". some are just waiting to see if hair starts falling out on the experimenters heads...but if the experiments start swing waistlength and butt length hair....those in the closet would just pass it on their friends in the closet and refer to it as a secret family recipe handed down
TOTALLY AGREE!!! ;)

Isn't Monistat inserted into the vagina? From a scientific point of view, the vagina is a much more delicate environment than the scalp. Stuff we wouldn't dream of putting inside our vagina, we have no problem slapping on our scalp, caustic stuff like lye/nolye relaxers, MTG, chemical ladden hair and scalp potions, Surge etc. I would think if it is safe for the vagina, it is probably safe for the scalp.

People are taking tons of vitamins and MSM. When taken in mega doses, vitamins are like drugs. Do we really know what are the long term side effects of taking these products in mega doses? Answer is:NO!!! :look:

ClassicChic

I, too, was not trying to mock or offend anyone. I was only joking in my post. I don't think I will be jumping on the bandwagon, though. I am interested in future post by those who do try it.

Kimberly

I'm really tempted to try this. My hair grows about a half inch per month and I'm looking for something to kick it up a notch. I was going to order the MTG but I'm leaving for AIT next Tuesday. This is something I can run to the drugstore to pick up without having to wait for a delivery. I think I'll go back and read the original post that's referenced in this thread.

Last edited:

lisajames96

Jessy55 said:
Isn't Monistat inserted into the vagina? From a scientific point of view, the vagina is a much more delicate environment than the scalp. Stuff we wouldn't dream of putting inside our vagina, we have no problem slapping on our scalp, caustic stuff like lye/nolye relaxers, MTG, chemical ladden hair and scalp potions, Surge etc. I would think if it is safe for the vagina, it is probably safe for the scalp.

Jessy55,
I would have to agree...but i am curious about monistat, just like all the other products you mentioned above. What is it in them that can actually speed up your already natural hair growing cycle? I wouldn't knock it for it's healing capabilities, if you have yeast or fungus on the hair, but maybe something else that can be used as long term maintanance(sp?), like say coconut oil, or a good health regimine would be better for ladies that don't have any conditions. just 2 cents.
:cool:

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
@ CatSuga......that's all I need to know......thanks for that info

I just don't see how this will work better than anything with sulfur in it, especially for those that just want to increase their growth. I refused to get MTG (not knocking anybody for that) and just made my own 5% sulfur solution that has been working wonderfully for me and giving me my inch a month that I want.

If you have male pattern baldness however then maybe I can see giving it a shot because hair loss for that type of baldness is different then hairloss related to relaxing, dying or processing your hair. But come on..... from the post that I've read here MOST of the ladies here DON'T have male pattern baldness. I mean dang, how many inches a month are some of you trying to get? What's wrong with an 1" or 1 1/2" a month when you used to get a 1/2"? How many inches a month do you think the human head can really produce? :confused:

I don't have male pattern baldness so I won't be trying this but if any of the ladies that do have that problem try it, I'd like to hear how it goes.

kammie

Those of you planning on doing this really should look up the side effects of this drug. There are possible drug interactions, allergic reactions, and other physical side effects such as itching, irritation, stomach problems. You're not supposed to get it near your ears, nose, or mouth, and you must wash your hands thoroughly after using it in the correct manner. All you have to do is google monistat 7 side effects.

I can't believe how many people are ready to jump on this bandwagon based on one person's post about the success of her friend without checking out the facts. This isn't a type of conditioner; it is a drug made for a specific purpose with specific directions on its use. At the very least, do your research before you try it.

For me, the extra 1/4-1/2 inch isn't worth it. I'll continue my journey doing it the old fashioned way--wash, condition, moisturize, protect ends.

Queenie

miracle said:
Okay, I'm going to add my two new shinny pennies on this one........this is NOT a good idea!!!!!! Monistat 7 contains Miconazole Nitrate which can cause drug interactions and serious adverse reactions if used for anything other than it's intened purpose (External Anti-Fungal). Although it is an FDA approved OTC product, it's still a DRUG and mixing it with other components, such as hair pomade/grease can change the chemical compound and do harm to the scalp/skin.
;)

This product in not meant for long term use. Just a few days. You run the risk of causing yourself serious health problems by doing things like this. :nono: Nearly anything can be lethal in a large enough dose or prolonged use.