Spinny: The Relaxer "Reveal" Thread!!!!

sunnieb

Hey Relaxed Ladies!!!

Are you a relaxed lurker?

Are some of you hesitant to start your own thread to post your relaxer touch up pics?

Well this is the thread for you!!!! :yep:

Let's post pics of our before and after relaxer touch ups! :grin: I know we have those great threads where relaxed divas show off their results, but what about the rest of us??? I know somebody is out there reading this about to get a touch up this weekend. Take a pic now and then take another on Saturday and post it in this thread!

Come on ladies - let's see that gorgeous newgrowth and shrinkage and the beautiful relaxer results! :drunk:

I need to go dig up some pics of my last relaxer. I'll be back!

SmileyNY

Subbing :) I'm a texlaxer & stretcher. This time I'm stretching 16 weeks and I'm due for a touchup the first week of September. I'll come back to post pics then :yep:

RoseTintedCheeks

Good thread!

Relaxed July 5th :blush: Excuse the nakedness...:blush:

bebezazueta

Hey y'all!

Here's my new growth shot @ 16 weeks post

Here's my rollerset @ 16 weeks post

Here's my roller wrap post relaxer

I'm stretching 6 months this time cause I know how to get my roots straight with rollers. Thank the Lord!

Miss_C

Bumping! I'm excited to see more relaxed threads lately. Even though I'm natural, I like to learn about everyone's reggies.

bride91501

Hey y'all!

Here's my new growth shot @ 16 weeks post

Here's my rollerset @ 16 weeks post

Here's my roller wrap post relaxer

I'm stretching 6 months this time cause I know how to get my roots straight with rollers. Thank the Lord!

OMG....I came in here just to lurk, but I HAD to post when I saw your pics- your growth and retention are FABULOUS!! Yours was one of the first siggies I always noticed when I first joined, probably b/c we joined around the same time. I remember that starting pic, but I haven't seen you in a while. MY GOODNESS CHILE....LOOK AT THAT MOST RECENT PIC!! FABULOUS!!

Ok, I'm going back in lurkmode, but I just wanted to tell you that :grin: KUTGW!

sunnieb

Great pictures ladies! Keep 'em coming!

@sunnieb great thread. I will be back in here on Saturday with my update.

@IntheMix08 Your hair looks nice and thick!

Ha! Ha! Ha! I knew one of us was getting a touch up this weekend!

I did my last relaxer on June 24 at 14 weeks post. The first pic is was taken on June 22 and the second pic was June 28. I'll do a better job next time of taking pics with my length check shirt on and holding my head in the same position. :yep:

Attachments

• IMG_20110622_125306-1.jpg
    IMG_20110622_125306-1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_20110628_172953-1.jpg
    IMG_20110628_172953-1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 534

MrsHdrLe

Thanks Sunnieb for this thread! I'm 7 weeks into a 12 week stretch (if you can call it that). I find that I have terrible breakage after 11 weeks, so I go on and retouch, though each time I consider transitioning. I really admire all the posters and will post when I go in in at the end of this month!

bebezazueta

Nix08 bride91501 thank you! Yall are just so sweet! I'm blushing n stuff. I love roller setting and if I live near y'all, I'll be happy to do it for free. I live in louisiana by the way.

sunnieb

Thanks Sunnieb for this thread! I'm 7 weeks into a 12 week stretch (if you can call it that). I find that I have terrible breakage after 11 weeks, so I go on and retouch, though each time I consider transitioning. I really admire all the posters and will post when I go in in at the end of this month!

MrsHdrLe - you're welcome! OT - is your avatar a scene from the show "Square Pegs"? I used to love that show! :drunk:

@Nix08 @bride91501 thank you! Yall are just so sweet! I'm blushing n stuff. I love roller setting and if I live near y'all, I'll be happy to do it for free. I live in louisiana by the way.

bebezazueta I wish I lived near you! I have the rollers (most still in the package), rollersetting dvd, clips, and a cute little spray bottle. I just don't want to do it! I need to sit down and do it.....one day...:look:

bebezazueta

sunnieb I would love to roller set all that gawgeous hair you have. Girl you bought a DVD. Shoot I need to make a FREE one. Not trying to knock anyone's hustle. LOL!

sweetnlow06

@Nix08 @bride91501 thank you! Yall are just so sweet! I'm blushing n stuff. I love roller setting and if I live near y'all, I'll be happy to do it for free. I live in louisiana by the way.

I sure wish you did live near me! I suck at roller setting. I am 6 weeks post and I am going to try to go 16 weeks. We shall see. Hopefully, this thread will still be going and I will post around that time.

beans4reezy

Man, I am a year post, trying not to relax until December, but you ladies sure are making it so hard!!

Great thread!

chasturner84

I'm sure many have seen these already:

6 1/2 Months Post (June 2011)

Relaxed hair (June 2011)...I let my stylist trim my hair and THIS is what I get :rolleyes: Hopefully the right side will catch up soon, if not, I will roll with it until my next trim :perplexed