2014 Steaming in the Moisture

alanaturelle

How often do you ladies steam? I am officially addicted! I will sleep great tonight. As a person who suffers from chronic insomnia, I would use the Q Redew for the scalp steam treatment alone.:spinning:

I steam once a week. However, this week I threw a quick mid week steam session before cowashing for 20 minutes which I think helped with detangling. Going forward, I'll do it if I have time on my hands.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using LHCF

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
How often do you ladies steam? I am officially addicted! I will sleep great tonight. As a person who suffers from chronic insomnia, I would use the Q Redew for the scalp steam treatment alone.:spinning:
I usually steam once a week on wash day. However, when my hair is in Goddess braids and I'm not manipulating it, I'll spritz it with a mix of conditioner/water/coconut oil and add in a mid week steam session just to amp up the moisturizer.

athenat

I steam weekly, usually Saturday or Sunday for 20-30 minutes. Currently steaming with Afrotastic Curl Elastic from Soultanicals for 30 minutes.

Holla

Is there a thread about what brand steamers people are using? I want to buy a steamer. Not sure what the "it" brand is these days.

Fashionista

Is there a thread about what brand steamers people are using? I want to buy a steamer. Not sure what the "it" brand is these days.

I don't know about a specific thread but I use the Secura table top steamer purchased from Amazon.

Today I steamed Joico Moisture Recovery Balm mixed with coconut oil and avocado oil.

nmartin20

I purchased mine from lcl beauty.com. I love it! It big and may be a storage issue, but you're able to adjust it.

blackviolet

I just used my brand new LCL steamer for the second time and I'm loving it.:yep:
I steamed in Whiskey Soak for 30 minutes, cooled and rinsed.

Steamed with Blueberry Cheesecake for 30 minutes.Rinsed, followed with French Perm stabilizer plus for 1 minute.Currently air drying............hair is soft & shiny
:lick:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Same here. Had it about 3 weeks and it does the job Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yep...me too. I have the Secura steamer as well. Love it...just got done doing a steam facial with it. I purchased mine from Amazon for around $70 if I'm not mistaken.

Side note: I know this makes no sense and proves how lazy I am. I hate that when I want to do a steam facial that I have to unscrew and take the top apart to add the facial attachment. I wish I would have purchased 2...1 only for my hair and the other just for my face so I wont have to keep converting it weekly. Somebody e-slap me please.

Rnjones

Yep...me too. I have the Secura steamer as well. Love it...just got done doing a steam facial with it. I purchased mine from Amazon for around $70 if I'm not mistaken. Side note: I know this makes no sense and proves how lazy I am. I hate that when I want to do a steam facial that I have to unscrew and take the top apart to add the facial attachment. I wish I would have purchased 2...1 only for my hair and the other just for my face so I wont have to keep converting it weekly. Somebody e-slap me please.

I haven't used the facial steamer yet but I did set it up for my fiancé when he had a cold. He liked it and then he steam cleaned my ring!! Love that guy

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

FemmeFatale

Can I steam in a protein conditioner (Joico K pak to be exact) and then follow up with the moisturizing conditioner steam?

I just got a touchup after 22 weeks and would like to start my treatments.

Gryphyn

I was supposed to do an oil stream treatment this weekend but I was so lazy. I applied my oils, sprayed a bit of waste on my hair, wrapped it inn a plastic bag, wrapped a towel on top, then slept on it.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I just used my brand new LCL steamer for the second time and I'm loving it.:yep:
I steamed in Whiskey Soak for 30 minutes, cooled and rinsed.

Steamed with Blueberry Cheesecake for 30 minutes.Rinsed, followed with French Perm stabilizer plus for 1 minute.Currently air drying............hair is soft & shiny
:lick:

What vendor do you get the products from?

cynd

IDareT'sHair

I've only had it for a few days but so far so good. It seems to make my hair softer and so far I don't think it's breaking off as much. I bought 2 bottles so we'll see.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
cynd

I like it. We'll hafta' check in on each other from time to time to see how it's going with PHT.:grin:

Rozlewis is also using it.

I never thought about trying it with Steam. But I do love massaging it in.:lick:

Rnjones

Midweek steam with AOWC and almond oil

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using LHCF

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Up under my steamer now with some Vatika Frosting. Gonna steam it in for 30 minutes, apply a plastic cap then let it continue to soak in overnight. Prepping for wash day tomorrow.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I never officially joined. Just posting all willy nilly and being rude. lol

1. How often you will steam?

I steam weekly...the night before I wash and also on wash day.

2. What method are you using to steam?

Secura steamer

3. What products will you steam with?
The night before wash day: Always coconut oil
Wash day depends on style:
For roller sets/goddess braids: Hairveda 24/7, Acai Berry or Sitrinillah
For Flat ironing: MoroccanOil Hydrating Mask