• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

IndianAngel22

I'm so sad I have to wait over a week to receive mine in the mail :( I want it now! If I get it now I can start getting my inch to inch and a half! I didn't even know this was possible, but if this stuff is so good, why isn't EVERYONE on it? Huh? All the benefits sound AMAZING is this some secret celebrity supplement that they are all on and normal people such as myself just never knew it? I would think if everyone knew about these benefits it would be flying off the shelves!

luckiestdestiny

Wow ladies!! You guys are so helpful!! I went out and got some!! I bought the wholefoods brand. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to teach us about this supplement!!!
Never mind, I was going to ask you which brand but you got the whole foods brand. Did you get the one with just chlorella? powder or pills?

luckiestdestiny

I'm so sad I have to wait over a week to receive mine in the mail :( I want it now! If I get it now I can start getting my inch to inch and a half! I didn't even know this was possible, but if this stuff is so good, why isn't EVERYONE on it? Huh? All the benefits sound AMAZING is this some secret celebrity supplement that they are all on and normal people such as myself just never knew it? I would think if everyone knew about these benefits it would be flying off the shelves!
:grin: You're cracking me up! I understand the impatience which is why I went out and got mine at wholefoods. I did get the brand you chose, though in pill form. I don't know why everyone isn't on it.

The thing I realize about lhcf is that everyone goes from one thing to another. I was doing that, until I stopped and realized what works for me, and that's what pushed me to an inch past midback. I do not veer from my nettle tea rinses, and drinks plus eating healthy.

My nettle tea rinse is super cheap. So I decided, I want a vitamin just one (I eat 80 percent veggies so I know I have my multi vitamin needs).

Fast forward to my getting the wholefoods greens blend instead of my regular one, and then dropping weight. So then I stumbled onto the chlorella thing by chance as it was in my whole foods greens blend.

long story short, the more research I do on it, the more i love it. It isn't a whole vitamin, it's considered a whole food, super food. So the vitamins and nutrients in it are supposed to really be absorbed more efficiently. So I thought, what the hey, this has EVERYTHING in it EFA's, amino acids, vitamins, b-12, antioxidents, magnesium, etc so what the heck am I doing buying everything else separately. I need to simplify my life!

So anyways, I think it's great that when people find out what works, they stick to it.

If this chlorella benefits me I will continue to take it, and just exercise right, do my nettle rinses, drink water, eat right and move on with my life.

I've gotten to the point that I want a KISS regimen, and I think chlorella may be the way. I'm HOPING.

IndianAngel22

So anyways, I think it's great that when people find out what works, they stick to it.

If this chlorella benefits me I will continue to take it, and just exercise right, do my nettle rinses, drink water, eat right and move on with my life.

I've gotten to the point that I want a KISS regimen, and I think chlorella may be the way. I'm HOPING.

Do you really think that Chlorella could replace all my other vitamins? I take GNC Silica, Vitamin E, GNC Hair Skin and Nails, and Iron pills lol! What would you do? I just put them all in my smoothie cuz I don't like taking them. I was going to add the chlorella to the mix also.

luckiestdestiny

Do you really think that Chlorella could replace all my other vitamins? I take GNC Silica, Vitamin E, GNC Hair Skin and Nails, and Iron pills lol! What would you do? I just put them all in my smoothie cuz I don't like taking them. I was going to add the chlorella to the mix also.

I can't speak for others. I get cha. But keep in mind that I eat 80 percent vegetarian and then my meat sources are primarily fish and chicken. Plus I drink green drinks. Between that and chlorella I'm pretty set. If you're putting them in a smoothie and you know what your diet is like, go for it!

I know you're taking the same brand as me, so this tells what yaeyama has in it, but it's also what's in chlorella in general. It clearly has vitamin E and Iron so I'd cut those out unless you need huge doses. I took silica and wasn't all that impressed, but each person is different. I did like l cysteine, and may continue to take that but that would be my only other vitamin and then get the vitamin c from chlorella and my diet although I may not because l cysteine is already in there.:

Composition of Chlorella

Proteins,Vitamins Minerals per 100gm Amino Acids per 100gm
Vitamin B1 1 - 3mg
Vitamin B2 4 - 6mg
Vitamin A 19.8mg
Vitamin B6 1 - 3mg
Vitamin B12 0.01 - 0.03mg
Vitamin C 30 - 150mg
Vitamin E 24.9mg
Potassium 1000mg
Sodium 57.5mg
Magnesium 314mg
Iron 204mg
Calcium 204mg
Beta Carotone 119mg

Chlorophyll 3000-4500mg

Hisidine 1.20%
Arginine 3.67%
Apartic Acid 5.21%
Threonine 2.80%
Lysine 4.90%
Glutanic Acid 6.67%
Proline 2.81%
Glycine 3.36%
Alanine 4.55%
Cysteine 0.79%
Phenylaline 2.91%
Methionine 1.30%
Leucine 5.07%
Isoleucine 2.23%
Serince 2.37%
Aspartic Acid 5.21%
Tryptophan 1.18%
Valine 3.23%

Why is our chlorella better than other brands?

COMPARISON CHART II - Yaeyama Chlorella (=Outdoor Cultivated) vs Others (=Indoor or Tank Cultivated)

Ingredients (per 100g) Yaeyama Chlorella
Outdoor-cultivated Tank Cult. (A) Tank Cult.(B) Tank Cult. (C) Tank Cult. (D)
Protein (g) 67.0 63.69 58.6 52.89 62.75
Chlorophyll (g) 3.95 2.6 2.77 2.53 2.74
Beta carotene (mg) 65 18 - - -
Total carotenoid (mg) 512.8 296.4 - - -
C.G.F. (g) 25.6 15.54 - 15.75 14.04
Total nucleic acid (g) 6.88 5.86 4.87 4.1 6.52
Iron (mg) 204 23.9 27.8 75.8 25.6
Calcium (mg) 124.2 35 - - -
T-PP (mg) 11.4 25.64 19.23 8.55 43.09

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I was going to purchase chlorella again today but opted for Omega 369.

Chlorella has Omegas:
The fatty-acid composition of the dry bio mass from green microalgae of chlorella was characterized by it's high content of linolenic acid-36.5%, palmic acid-20.4% and oleic acid 10.3%
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...sition+of+chlorella&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=us

Also as for being superior to vitamins it is a whole food:
CGF is 100% water soluble and so readily "body-available".CGF has an optional density of 5000 which makes it the most potent produced anywhere in the world.
More about omegas and linolic
Chlorella contains a greater quantity of fatty acids than either spirulina or Lake Klamath wild blue green algae. About 20% of these fatty acids make up the artery cleansing, omega - 3, alpha - linolenic variety and it is believed that this is one reason why Chlorella has been shown to be so effective in reducing cholesterol in the body and in reducing arteriosclerosis.

http://www.chlorella-africa.com/chlorellacgf.html

I think I'll stick with chlorella but any additional omegas can't hurt as they are so good for the body!

Last edited:

PGirl

I started taking it when I read that it helps get toxins like metals out of the body. I don't take it for hair growth but maybe it helps that too...

Spirulina is another one that is similar and works well with Chlorella.

luckiestdestiny

Okay this sounds weird, but I'm gonna report it anyways cause it's true whether fast or not. I've been taking chlorella pills for today and yesterday when I bought them. A couple days before I took just powdered form in my green drink about 700 mg total. Now I'm over 2 g and change, will increase from there. Anyways, I chopped my nails a few days ago because they always grow out and split anyways, and they were just uneven. The white tips are back at about a quarter of an inch. I'm looking at them while typing.

All I'm taking is my chlorella and my green drink.

My nails never grew this fast before, they are normally snail slow.

Is hair far behind? Hmmm....

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I started taking it when I read that it helps get toxins like metals out of the body. I don't take it for hair growth but maybe it helps that too...

Spirulina is another one that is similar and works well with Chlorella.

Yeah. I liked that idea too. And I love spirulina, take it in my green drink, but I wanted more chlorella because it has so many vitamins in it. As for the toxic thing, I totally wanted to clear my body. Like mercury, chlorella binds to it and flushes it out of your system along with other toxins and metals. So I'm really psyched about it!:drunk::spinning:

luckiestdestiny

Okay ladies,
I know I'm overloading you with articles, but this one is about how much chlorella can be taken. That's a question everyone has asked. I know babydollhair takes 3 gm and got excellent growth but surprisingly it's recommended to take even more. BUT if you read through the article it says NOT to take it all at once, to increase it slowly.

http://www.chlorellafactor.com/chlorella-spirulina-30.html
Chlorella
Disease-fighting dose: 10 grams / day
Maintenance dose: 5 grams / day

Upper limit: there is no upper limit, but introduce chlorella into your diet gradually and monitor your stools. Since chlorella can result in mild diarrhea in some persons, introduce it slowly. (Your body will adapt over a period of a few weeks, allowing you to take more.)

Once again, most people take far too little of these foods. I've seen people take two tiny tablets of chlorella -- about 300mg -- and declare they've "taken my chlorella for the day!" That's like eating one bite of broccoli and expecting to receive the full health benefits of broccoli.

In order to be effective, you've got to take the much larger doses mentioned above. If you buy chlorella in tiny tablets, as it is often sold, that means taking a handful of tablets with each meal. Here's a tip: don't count out the tablets every single time. Count them once so you know what five grams looks like. After that, just grab a handful and toss it down your throat. It doesn't matter if it's off by a few tablets. Remember: these aren't drugs. You don't have to be exact about it, just make sure you're getting at least the doses mentioned above.

There's no harm in taking more, of course. Aside from the health benefits I've described here, the main thing you'll notice is that your stools will turn green. This is an indication that you're getting a good dose of chlorella into your diet. If your stools aren't green, you aren't taking enough.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Last article bit I'll post just as a reminder of the benefits.

The cost of chlorella and spirulina, on the other hand, is only a few dollars a week. In exchange, a person experiences greater health, greater mental clarity, longer lifespan, prevention of a long list of diseases, and in many cases, even the reversal of major diseases. You can't put a price on these benefits, but if you could, there's no doubt they would greatly outweigh the few dollars spent on chlorella.

From the same source in my previous post...

Duff

Luckie, you are on the ball with all this info. I went and looked at my Green Super Food that I got from whole foods and yep it has it in it. and I slacked off on taking it. I've got to get some apple juice and start taking it again. I may look into adding the chlorella suppl too...

luckiestdestiny

Luckie, you are on the ball with all this info. I went and looked at my Green Super Food that I got from whole foods and yep it has it in it. and I slacked off on taking it. I've got to get some apple juice and start taking it again. I may look into adding the chlorella suppl too...
Thanks for the compliment. I was hoping that I wasn't overloading the ladies of lhcf w/ info but then I thought, we can NEVER have to much info lol! So I just went ahead and posted it. Good to know it's appreciated.:grin:

gn1g

excellent information and it is great at thickening hair and growing nails. They also sale spirilina and chlorella in one capsule together that works wonders.

Lebiya

Ok, I'll be picking this up this week-end I hope.

Basically this 'super food' cleans/flushes your body while giving/replacing it with all the vitamins and goodness it needs...I'm on it!!

Also another good brand is sun chlorella its acutally fairly popular. Also as pointed out there is a difference in the quality of chlorella, from yayaema (sp?) vs chorella from china, supposedly it is a lesser quality (china).

gn1g

I use Sun. Chlorella sweeps the body of everything that should not be in it, Spirilina helps me to feel energized and well.

Candycane044

I've been looking for a powdered detox drink, so upon doing some more research and listening to the testimonies, I believe I will be purchasing this later today. Thanks ladies!

msdevo

I opted for the 16oz because the 8oz would not be available for about 10 days. They have already sent me a shipping notice for my order. Dang that was FAST!!!!

cocomochaa

i got succkked in and bought chlorella and spirulina from holland & baratt i'l post results in a couple weeks.

Nice & Wavy

I have been taking this for detox, not for hair growth...hmmm.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 6 Tablets
Servings per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving% Daily Value

Calories10*

Total Fat0.5 gr<2%

Total Carb. <1g<2%

Protein2 gr4%

Vitamin A (100% as beta-carotene)500 IU10%

Vitamin K16 micrograms20%

Iron2.7 Milligrams15%

Sodium5 Milligrams<2%

Chlorophyll45 Milligrams*

B-Carotene0.3 Milligrams*

Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris)3000 Milligrams*

*Daily value not established.

Other Ingredients: Each tablet contains 500 mg Earthrise Chlorella.
Other Ingredients: Vegetable stearates and silica.

Free Of
Pesticides and herbicides.

Directions
Take 6 tablets (3 grams) per day.

Warnings
If you have a medical condition or are on medication, consult a physician before using this or any other supplement.

Disclaimer
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

soonergirl

I got the wholefoods brand pills, the 100 count bottle. yippeee!!! I am already noticing the detox effects, which I personally welcome:yep:

Never mind, I was going to ask you which brand but you got the whole foods brand. Did you get the one with just chlorella? powder or pills?

soonergirl

Its fine actually... I am usually constipated and am on an abnormal schedule for (pooping) and now I go every morning.. sorry tmi ladies

I have been taking this for detox, not for hair growth...hmmm.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 6 Tablets
Servings per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving% Daily Value

Calories10*

Total Fat0.5 gr<2%

Total Carb. <1g<2%

Protein2 gr4%

Vitamin A (100% as beta-carotene)500 IU10%

Vitamin K16 micrograms20%

Iron2.7 Milligrams15%

Sodium5 Milligrams<2%

Chlorophyll45 Milligrams*

B-Carotene0.3 Milligrams*

Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris)3000 Milligrams*

*Daily value not established.

Other Ingredients: Each tablet contains 500 mg Earthrise Chlorella.
Other Ingredients: Vegetable stearates and silica.

Free Of
Pesticides and herbicides.

Directions
Take 6 tablets (3 grams) per day.

Warnings
If you have a medical condition or are on medication, consult a physician before using this or any other supplement.

Disclaimer
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

This is the one i have now. I just wish it listed how much chlorella growth factor it had in it. I picked it up at the vitaminshoppe.

LaidBak

I have been taking biotin for years to boost my hair and nail growth and strength. But this last month I did a test and confirmed that it is responsible for my acne! Sooo, this thread is right on time for me. Thanks LuckiestDestiny! I bought the Vitamin Shoppe brand of Super Clorella and took my first 1 today. I just relaxed so I will easily be able to see if it increases my growth rate.