Design Essentials Strengthening Therapy System

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@DominicanBrazilian82

I guess I should've given recommendations! :blush: You can always go with a traditional BKT. My cousin just had the Brazilian Blowout done on her hair and it is beautiful!

If you don't want to fool with formaldehyde you could also try QOD Kerapremium. :yep:

I just want to clarify that there is a formaldehyde version and a formaldehyde free version of the kerapremium formula so be careful on what you pick if you are going form free!

I do agree that if you want something stronger use a BKT. These alternative treatments are just a bit too weak and short lived for my tastes.(although i havent tried the DE brand) So far they have only lasted about 3-4 weeks for me while a bkt lasts 8-12 weeks. I would highly recommend doing it yourself if you want to have good results with a bkt. The salons will fry your hair.

TRINITY05

This may be a dumb question but if one has tried the DE transitioning mousse twice and didn't like the results the second time, will applying the elongation mousse the next time around do any damage to the hair.

Channy31

I've seen that you should flat iron at 220 degrees C but my flat iron only goes up to 180. Has anyone used a lower heat with good results? I may just buy a flat iron especially for these processes.

Channy31

Getting the treatment for a second time, although this time i'm doing it myself. I'm doing it tomorrow? Any advice?

outspokenwallflower

I'm wondering how delicate this system is, now. I can't NOT use my staple conditioners that may have some sort of protein in them... and I don't want to NOT put a demi gloss on my hair in fear that it will strip the treatment. I applied the treatment two weeks ago and have now just said, ta hell wit it. I will do another at home treatment in the near future, but for now, I want to be able to be flexible with my hair and the many products that I have rather than worrying about this treatment being washed down the drain should I decide to chelate one weekend.

g.lo

I'm wondering how delicate this system is, now. I can't NOT use my staple conditioners that may have some sort of protein in them... and I don't want to NOT put a demi gloss on my hair in fear that it will strip the treatment. I applied the treatment two weeks ago and have now just said, ta hell wit it. I will do another at home treatment in the near future, but for now, I want to be able to be flexible with my hair and the many products that I have rather than worrying about this treatment being washed down the drain should I decide to chelate one weekend.

I feel you on this one! I have been eyeing this treatment for ages, having it done means that i will have to give away all my DC and leave in :nono:!!

Girls can you recommend a protein free DC?

Channy31

I had this exact problem when I first got my treatment done, it cost me £150 so i didn't want to waste my money. It essentially lead to a minor set back, I was worried about deep conditioning and even moisturising.

I'd say just keep your eye on your hair and take note of which products work and don't work with it. I'm going to do the same.

Maybe we could even make a list of no-go products when having the system?

Last edited:

g.lo

I had this exact problem when I first got my treatment done, it cost me £150 but essentially lead to a minor set back. I was worried about deep conditioning and even moisturising.

I'd say just keep your eye on your hair and take note of which products work and don't work with it. I'm going to do the same.

Maybe we could even make a list of no-go products when having the system?

great idea!!

PureSilver

any updates ladies.....i need a good sulphate free shampoo i'm thinkin of doin a home treatment this Friday with the silkening spray.

ManeStreet

any updates ladies.....i need a good sulphate free shampoo i'm thinkin of doin a home treatment this Friday with the silkening spray.

PureSilver I've been using Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo (sulfate-free) and I think it's fabulous. It's been my favorite out of all the ones I've tried.

image-2687465504.jpg

greight

I reupped my subscription for this thread and this system :look:. Hair always pulls me back to LHCF!

Seriously love protein and amino acids. I've been using silk amino acids from Lotion Crafters (or whatever the name is) and have found a difference in terms of managing my split ends. I also trust Dove56's and yodie's hair reviews (on point). Especially Dove56 (I'm still on collagen and never left!!!)... she tells no lies about good products.

Just need to work out the details since I'm not a fan of heat and I would have to tweak my regimen since it basically incorporates protein at every step. I'm 4b fine hair. But this is too good NOT for me to pass up on.

I wonder if I could use the DE Spray and blow dry... and skip the flat iron? Don't blow dryers go up to 300F anyway?

PureSilver

http://www.paynesbeautysupply.com/deesstthsisp.html

For those interested in getting the Silkening Spray strengthening system from the DE line, paynes beauty supply has it on sale for $39.95. I dont know the shipping on it but it sure is cheaper than the price i saw on ebay. I was lucky to find it in my local beauty supply store for $10 yep i said $10.

I haven't tried it yet but i will let y'all know how it turn out when i do.

HHG

greight

For those interested in getting the Silkening Spray strengthening system from the DE line, paynes beauty supply has it on sale for $39.95. I dont know the shipping on it but it sure is cheaper than the price i saw on ebay. I was lucky to find it in my local beauty supply store for $10 yep i said $10.

HHG

Please do, I'm purchasing the silkening spray, but I just did a protein treatment so I might have to wait a couple of weeks now :ohwell:

Channy31

I think I've managed to wash a load of mine out by using a sulphate shampoo which is very annoying! My hair keeps frizzing.

Honey Bee

HHG

Oooh, good looking out, just bought it.

I'm 12 wks post. Anything I should know aside from, one, use a sulfate free shampoo, and, two, no protein?

FelaShrine, fyi, girl :look:

TRINITY05

Has anyone used the Transition Mousse and decided after the treatment wore off, they wanted/did try the silkening spray or elongation mousse.

KinkyGenius

Are you supposed to use the Strengthening Therapy Silkening Spray and the Strengthening Therapy Transitioning Mousse together?

For those of us that has never had this treatment done at the salons, what are the steps? There's multiple washes and flatironing sessions?

EnExitStageLeft

ShyIntellect

They shampoo, apply the transitioning mousse, blow dry, flat iron, re-shampoo, DC, blow dry and flat iron again.

The silkening spray can be used in the form of a leave in (can only be used alone).

I've considered having this done, but the maintenance is just to much. Plus this is a bit costly in terms of upkeep.

PureSilver

I tried the Silkening spray i find it made my hair hard to blowdry and was too sticky for my liking. I found also that each small section i flat ironed within a few seconds that section would revert, i really did not expect that and was hoping for a sleek straight do finally but......um NO it didn't give me that.

I also clarified with Baking Soda and shampooed with KeraCare sulphate free Hydrating Shampoo......maybe i was doing something wrong but i'm not feeling the silkening spray and to do the treatment every week for three weeks is just too much for my fine strands. I have done the second step of washing, blow drying and flat ironing again as yet, maybe i wont.

Any suggestions ladies?

PureSilver

I should mention too that those interested in purchasing the Transitioning and the Elongation mousse can send me a PM. $135 free shipping.

TRINITY05

I noticed that most of us have tried the Transition Mousse and had wonderful results. Has anyone tried the Elongation Mousse with good/bad results

Britt

yodie Shelew I'm thinking of getting this done professionally. I'm currently a week shy of 8 months post relaxer. My concern is maintaining your hair at home in between treatments. Do I have to flat iron each week? I want to be able to wear my hair straight now with this transition and have the option to do a braidout if I want. I'm wondering just how straight this gets the hair? Can I get a rollerset and a blow out? Do I have to use certain products to help 'keep' the treatment in? My flat ironing skills kinda suck but I'm willing to keep practicing. Also, I'd want to wash and blow dry my hair weekly to make my hair more manageable. Will this treatment help straighten/smooth out my kinks so that my hair is easier to blow dry? Do I have to use a certain spray to help 'lock' in the keratin when I blow dry/flat iron? Do I have to wash less? Say once a week as opposed to twice a week for fear of washing out the treatment?

Last edited:

yodie

See my response below.

yodie Shelew I'm thinking of getting this done professionally. I'm currently a week shy of 8 months post relaxer. My concern is maintaining your hair at home in between treatments. Do I have to flat iron each week? (It depends on your lifestyle and what you want to do to your hair. All I do is pin curl my hair and it works great. I just started Zumba, so my roots are a little puffy, but that could be because I've been flat ironing my own hair and I don't bother getting it super straight) I want to be able to wear my hair straight now with this transition and have the option to do a braidout if I want. I'm wondering just how straight this gets the hair? (Coming from someone who could not wear relaxers, this treatment is a God send. My hair doesn't frizz or swell unless I'm doing aerobics or something like that.) Can I get a rollerset and a blow out? (I wasn't able to get a smooth set on large rollers, but I'm sure you could do it on rods.) Do I have to use certain products to help 'keep' the treatment in? (Stay away from sulfates and products with protein). My flat ironing skills kinda suck but I'm willing to keep practicing. Also, I'd want to wash and blow dry my hair weekly to make my hair more manageable. Will this treatment help straighten/smooth out my kinks so that my hair is easier to blow dry? (Definitely helps to elongate your kinks. My hair is easier than it's ever been in my life!! My twist outs look much better and even last longer because they don't shrivel up.) Do I have to use a certain spray to help 'lock' in the keratin when I blow dry/flat iron? (No, just the treatment). Do I have to wash less? Say once a week as opposed to twice a week for fear of washing out the treatment? (I think you'll be fine with either, just avoid sulfates and products with protein).