Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

sweetnlow06

Doesn't that kinda kill the thrill? :look: That's a lot of grams of sugar you'll be ingesting from chocolate milk as well. You shouldn't be able to taste DE at all anyway. Just throwing this out there :drunk:

I know, but I don't mind the extra calories. I already don't eat alot. I only use just a little chocolate milk.

sweetnlow06

Started taking mine 4 days ago-thought it would make me regular but havent used the bathroom since...I have to tinkle alot because of all the water I drink but I was hoping to do the #2...I have food grade from earthworks...

Exactly the same for me. That was the main reason I started taking it was for my digestive issues. I am having to get up during the night now to tinkle.:ohwell: Hopefully, it will come.

sqzbly1908

what brand are you taking? And great benefits your getting from this great stuff

I would like to think so...I think it has been about a week since I began taking it (also taking the Alta supplements)

I bought the 1lb bag from morethanalive.com to try it out- It states that it is the Perma-Guard Brand. (I think)

My lower back hasn't been bothering me at all while I sleep (need a new mattress) I am not tossing and turning as much at night...I think my mood has been a little better...

I haven't had the more frequent "BMs" that was noted but then again...it is still early in the game....

complexsimplicity

Just took my first tbsp of DE from Earthworks. It's chalky but I just stirred it up in water and took it to the head. Real quick and easy. I'm subscribed to this thread so I'll report back in a week or two to report any changes I've noticed.

Aggie

I am so excited about this regarding removing toxins, virus, hair growth, killing worms which steals all our nutrients, etc. Someone posted to make sure we get the right brand how would we know can you guys post which brand is working for you I am pushing towards Earthworks please respone before I order this afternoon thanks for all your help.
J

I just received mine from www.morethanalive.com. They cost more than earthworks though. Earthworks was not taking my international credit card but morethanalive did so that's why I ordered from them.

I like mine so far. It is very fine, like flour, I don't know what I was expecting. This was way more pleasant to take than I thought. It really has no taste. I'm drinking it in some decaf coffee right now and I have to keep mixing it because it keeps settling at the bottom of my coffee mug.

Aggie

Thanks to adw425 :kiss::kiss:, I added a heaping tablespoon of DE in my deep conditioner this past Sunday and I was amazed at how I experienced relatively little breakage. The shedding was cut down substantially as well, and I only comb on wash days, which are every Sunday. I'm going to continue to add DE to my deep conditioners and may add to my co-washes as well. I'm trying to get through a 6-month stretch. :yep:

This is great news SP, thanks for sharing it. I may give it a whirl on my next wash day as well.

Aggie

okay. My package has arrived. I tried it, not too bad. Gave some to my cat also. I will document my growth, just for the hair portion since there aren't too many pictures on the net. I'm looking forward to experiencing many of the health benefits as well. I can't tell if it's giving me energy or not because I drink FRS Healthy Energy and that keeps me going all day! Hopefully, I'll have some good news on Monday!

Hi CORBINS, looks like you and I are starting together afterall. I started this afternoon. I hope to see great results with it.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Thanks to adw425 :kiss::kiss:, I added a heaping tablespoon of DE in my deep conditioner this past Sunday and I was amazed at how I experienced relatively little breakage. The shedding was cut down substantially as well, and I only comb on wash days, which are every Sunday. I'm going to continue to add DE to my deep conditioners and may add to my co-washes as well. I'm trying to get through a 6-month stretch. :yep:
before i even heard of de i heard that adding organic silica to shampoos cut down on shedding & breakage... good to know it really works

Orissa081

I'm really lovin the D.E. so far, I take iron pills for my anemia and that leaves me really constipated ( sorry for the TMI) and i usually will have to take a stool softner or laxatives, but since taking the D.E. I have not had a problem at all, it will be a week tommorrow of taking it. Also my appetite has been reduced, which is a good thing!

sqzbly1908

I have got to figure out a good time of day to take this ....it makes my stomach make some questionable sounds (back in tha' day we called it bubble guts - tmi - lol)...I don't want to take it too late in the evening as it might make me stay up...

I can't wait to see the results of this in the next couple of months

I just ordered some for my mom....

Blaque*Angel

I'm going to order this for my auntie, Those who take this and take vitamins/supplements what is your routine?

D.E in morning, suppleents at night or vice versa?

2themax

I'm going to order this for my auntie, Those who take this and take vitamins/supplements what is your routine?

D.E in morning, suppleents at night or vice versa?

I take my vits/supps morn/early aft/early eve. I take DE at night - right before bed. The reason is because I read somewhere that it's better to take it right before bed. Otherwise the DE may take away from the supplements that you take during the day. But who knows? Maybe if you take it like a previous poster - put it in water and let it settle and drink throughout the day it may be more effective. I may try that but I hope that it doesn't take away from my vits & supps.

Blaque*Angel

I take my vits/supps morn/early aft/early eve. I take DE at night - right before bed. The reason is because I read somewhere that it's better to take it right before bed. Otherwise the DE may take away from the supplements that you take during the day. But who knows? Maybe if you take it like a previous poster - put it in water and let it settle and drink throughout the day it may be more effective. I may try that but I hope that it doesn't take away from my vits & supps.

Thanks for your reply, that is my fear. my vits/supps are too precious to be detoxed away.
I wanted to do what the other poster suggested and drink it throughout the day.
I will contact the manufactor and let you now what he says. :)

CoCoRica

I'm going to order this next payday. I have some de, but it's not food grade. I have an appt with a naturopathic doctor and I want to get the scoop on my vitamin/mineral levels. I will mention DE to her and see what she thinks as well. My appt is on the 25th. I will report back.

complexsimplicity

Ok this stuff has definitely suppressed my appetite. I woke up around 7:45. It is now 9:45 and I'm not hungry at all! The first thing I did was take some earth w/ 8 oz of water. I'm usually ravenous when I wake up but I could easily go another hour or two without eating. Yay! I want to lose like 10 lbs.

MissYocairis

I have always been regular because I eat two large pomegranates for breakfast and a raw cabbage/seaweed salad for lunch everyday, but I did notice a low grade headache during the time that I took it. I initially attributed to the detoxification process, but it could have also been a mild dehydration effect from the adsoption process. I think its very important to increase your water intake when using DE as a supplement.

WOW! How long does it take you to eat two large pomegranates every morning?

Aggie

Took my DE this morning but I think I'll hold off of it for tonight. I think I took twice as much yesterday and don't want to overdo it.

Last edited:

Aggie

Okay it's only been 4 days of taking DE but the pain I was having in my mouth for the last week has subsided substantially. I was brushing my teeth with it and swishing it with water in my mouth like a mouth wash.

I was also having dry mouth issues and that has subsided as well in such a very short time. I'm amazed. I will continue to brush my teeth with it seeing that it worked so well. I hear that it whitens the teeth too so I'll keep watching for this, although my teeth are pretty clean already. I don't mind them getting even whiter though, lol.

I am really loving the benefits of this 'dirt' :yep:.

CORBINS

I am on day 4. Nothing new or exciting to report. I will add photos from my cell in a moment. My tummy is doing better, that's just about it. I'm going to give it more time. I don't expect anything to happy right away. I just wanted to see if I'd get a massive amount of hair growth as previously reported. No 1 inch growth in 4 days!

BUMP the above comment! Check my album for updates. My bangs are longer! Only after 4 days!

Last edited:

CORBINS

Okay. I'm not gonna lie....I was going into this thinking "There isn't going to be any growth, I'm just looking forward to the health benefits. That person lied about getting 1 inch in 3 or 4 days!"

I take that back! I went to the bathroom (I'm at work), and I measured the crown of my hair. I got about 3/4 inch ya'll in 4 days! My hair was barely touching 11 inches on the ruler (the straggley strings were touching 11 inches. Now, those strands are at 11 1/2 to 11 3/4! The thickest parts of my ends were at 10.5 inches. Now they are a full 11".

I will do an official measure when I get home from work tonight. It's not easy trying to do this at work.

bambieg

I measured the crown of my hair. I got about 3/4 inch ya'll in 4 days! My hair was barely touching 11 inches on the ruler (the straggley strings were touching 11 inches. Now, those strands are at 11 1/2 to 11 3/4! The thickest parts of my ends were at 10.5 inches. Now they are a full 11".

I will do an official measure when I get home from work tonight.

Wow that's awesome. I've been taking DE for bout 2 weeks now but havent been measuring my growth. I plan to relax tomorrow (after 3 months) so it should be easier to keep track.

yodie

Has anyone picked up food grade DE at a local garden shop? If so, what brand and what store?

If anyone else posts growth like an inch in a week, then I think I found my next true love. Lol!!

casey3035

Okay. I'm not gonna lie....I was going into this thinking "There isn't going to be any growth, I'm just looking forward to the health benefits. That person lied about getting 1 inch in 3 or 4 days!"

I take that back! I went to the bathroom (I'm at work), and I measured the crown of my hair. I got about 3/4 inch ya'll in 4 days! My hair was barely touching 11 inches on the ruler (the straggley strings were touching 11 inches. Now, those strands are at 11 1/2 to 11 3/4! The thickest parts of my ends were at 10.5 inches. Now they are a full 11".

I will do an official measure when I get home from work tonight. It's not easy trying to do this at work.

Great results Corbin...How much are you taking?

2themax

Thanks for your reply, that is my fear. my vits/supps are too precious to be detoxed away.
I wanted to do what the other poster suggested and drink it throughout the day.
I will contact the manufactor and let you now what he says. :)

I heard that!

Thanks - keep me posted.