Too tight twists = itchy, bumpy scalp!

Glib Gurl

So I got some flat twists put in last week to help combat this horrific hot weather.

Nearly a week has gone by and they still look great . . . but she pulled them so tight when twisting that my scalp is an itchy, bumpy mess!

I am trying not to go too crazy scratching . . . been applying oil to my scalp at night. But I'm thinking that I just might have to take these twists out to get any real relief. :cry:

Any other suggestions are welcome....

mrsjohnson75

Along with the tightness..you may be having an allergic reaction to the hair.

I suggest that you just take the loss in money and remove the twists which is way better than the potential loss of your hair and damage to your scalp.

naturalmanenyc

Ditto. Take them out. In fact, have her take them out and redo them properly. Twists should not be tight or painful.

The itching could be from the hair. Some recommend washing hair (after soaking in vinegar) in advance of the install to remove any coating.

Glib Gurl

it's all my own hair but yeah. These puppies are coming out tonight! Thanks for your feedback!

TheMenAllPause

I have taken out braids/weaves if they were too tight...and would do it again if it ever happens again. When your scalp is red and has bumps on it. You are damaging your scalp and hair follicles. No mam!

Glib Gurl

Took them out last night, smoothed my scalp down with some coconut oil and applied an overnight deep conditioner "relaxer-style" to help cool things down. Doing much better this morning . . . still some tenderness, but hopefully I'm on the mend. Thanks y'all!