MSM BENEFITS!!!

What are your results with MSM?

• Total voters

Ladylyn

It has made my hair so soft that I can go for longer stretches. I mean I can part my hair w/my fingers. It's great for detox and my skin loving it.

aa9746

I take liquid msm daily, i'm not sure if it's helping my hair but it really works as far as reducing joint pain in my knee.

GreenD

Ok, so I voted that there was no change at all a day or so ago. And just now, I had a revelation. My silly self was just taking 1-1,000mg pill a day and not the recommended 3 pills per day. So no wonder I didn't see any changes. Now I'll be increasing my intake and I hope to see some results.

H0tPinkButtafly

Where are y'all getting msm from? I never find them in the vitamin section at cvs or duane reade

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
Where are y'all getting msm from? I never find them in the vitamin section at cvs or duane reade

Puritans Pride (puratinspride.com) has a sale :grin: buy 1 get 1 free for $14.99

but use promo code: cpncabn to get free shipping and an additional 10% off :grin:

but ibought mine from amazon :look:

Jewell

Ok, so I voted that there was no change at all a day or so ago. And just now, I had a revelation. My silly self was just taking 1-1,000mg pill a day and not the recommended 3 pills per day. So no wonder I didn't see any changes. Now I'll be increasing my intake and I hope to see some results.

Wow, really? I only take 1 pill per day (1,000 mg) of each of my vits except calcium wit Vit. D (rec. dose is 1200 mg/day)...but as for MSM I was scared to take too much, and I've noticed the price of MSM has gone up in recent years. I used to be able to get 100 (1,000mg) caps for just about $6.60...and now its upwards of $11 per bottle in most places!

I only take the 1 pill per day and I noticed a difference in my hair and body (detox)...so maybe increasing to 2 or 3 per day would be even more beneficial. I will be careful, though. I started taking MSM 1,000 mg caps in mid-2006 and have been taking pretty consistently since then. Definitely noticed a softening of the hair texture, LESS SHEDDING (which was my main issue in winter months), detox for the body, and I have to literally cut my nails down EVERY week (I don't like a free edge unless wearing tips).

Last edited:

Beany

Puritans Pride (puratinspride.com) has a sale :grin: buy 1 get 1 free for $14.99

but use promo code: cpncabn to get free shipping and an additional 10% off :grin:

Thanks @mostamaziing, now I have to buy it. I can't pass up a sale.:lol:

Kiki28

Thanks so much for this! I stocked up on ester C, MSM and Alpha lipoic acid for $22 AND they shipped fast! :yep:

mscocopuff

I get my MSM from Whole Foods for about 9 bucks. It is really awesome. I have seborrheic dermatitis and it was really bad until recently. I started taking the gel caps and I must say, there has been little to no flaking. No scalp itching. Nothing.

morehairplease

I get my MSM from Whole Foods for about 9 bucks. It is really awesome. I have seborrheic dermatitis and it was really bad until recently. I started taking the gel caps and I must say, there has been little to no flaking. No scalp itching. Nothing.

me too. Hopefully, this will help because I recently started back taking it. Can u share what brand of gel caps you take?

thanks in advance for your response,
tishee

KINISE

I have fallen in love with MSM!!! I originally started taking it to prevent my skin from sagging while/after losing weight, but the hair growth is over the top-- but that isn't the thing that takes my breath away-- it is the new texture of my hair!!! My mother says this is the texture of hair I had when I was born-- soft, and curly--- well, I haven't seen it in... NEVER!

I have been on my LHCF hair journey for a year- here are the before and and after MSM pics.

I must admit I have gone MSM CRAZY-- so much so that I started an MSM blog- as I learn new things about MSM I add them. Check it out-- and if you know something great about msm and hair growth-- please leave me A comment at
WWW.MSMHAIR.COM THANKS LHCF ladies! When I joined a year ago-- I honestly never thought I would have a "new" head of hair!!!

Last edited:

MissSenegal

I've been taking it for about a month and I notice my knee no longer acts up when I'm working out. I have no idea what its doing for my hair because I've been braided under a wig but my skin feels better. Even if it doesn't do anything for my hair I will keep taking it because I haven't been able to work out like this in forever.

godzchildtoo

Don't yall laugh at me...it was a long day and is a late night. I have no idea what MSM is...but after reading 2 comments about firmer, fuller boobs I went right over 2 Puritan's Pride and ordered me some. Hell, I ordered a Noogleberry (after reviewing another LHCF thread) a month ago and can't wait til it arrives. Here's my question now...I have facial hair: chin, neck and upper lip that I tweeze or trim regularly. Is this going to make that grow too? :evillaugh: And right now it's buy 1 get 2 free at Puritan's Pride, so I got 6 bottles of 60 1000mg Rapid Release tablets for $21 including shipping. I hope this stuff works.

Last edited:

Lovelylocs

clearer skin
softer hair
great nail growth
and fuller/firmer boobs, i'm not kidding.

me to with the boob thing and i breast fed 2 babies!!!! hair also much softer:lachen:

Co-signing on the boobs! I just started taking it a week and a half ago and my boobs are noticeably better. I thought it was the cayenne and garlic b/c I started taking that too. But, I guess it was the MSM. I take 2,000 mg daily!

GraceV

I started taking MSM yesterday. I'm not sure what it will do for my hair but my joints need all the help they can get. I'll be sticking to 1000mg/day.

P.S. When you ladies say vivid dreams, what do you mean? Something like dreaming about a zoo keeper guy asking you to come and clip the lion's toenails? Um, that's a "friend's" experience.:look: She hasn't watched a movie/TV show about lions, so she's not sure where the heck that came from.:spinning:

nerdography

I took MSM capsules for two weeks and had to stop. I developed cystic acne and had difficulties breathing. I can use MSM lotion and hair products though.

hothair

Not sure I got extra growth, what I did get:

Silkier new growth -but they stuck out every which way and I remember some folk saying their relaxers didn't take as well
Nice skin
Bigger boobs
The weirdest dreams known to man:perplexed

kupenda

I'm getting really good growth. I love touching the ng. It's just as soft as the relaxed hair which for me is a big deal lol. My 3c patch seems stronger, because it's fine and bleached so I've been keeping an eye on it. But I think that's why I have so much underprocessed hair. Relaxers aren't taking the way they used to. Weird. And dreams are hilarious lol. Also my boobs were really firm and sensitive so I decreased my dosage to 2000 mg a day but if I miss a dose I don't make it up. And i have pretty bad asthma along with allergies and im prone to sinus infections. So far, my allergies are a little better. I looovee this stuff

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Iluvsmuhgrass

I still take it and won't stop. It not only helps my joints but it also curbs my allergies. Something I definitely need.

For those getting acne, you REALLY have to up your water intake. Especially if you're taking a supplement containing biotin and such.

ebsalita

I've only been taking this in powder form 10 days so no noticeable effects on my hair, although it is growing well, I'll report back in a few weeks or so. I take mine twice daily in Ribena (vitamin C rich blackcurrant cordial).

Initially I got some headaches, and my nose would run and I would sneeze following my dose. I had read on the internet that you get these flu like symptoms due to toxin flush and they calmed down after about 4 days. It makes you go to the loo more often too. I've gradually upped my dose and I'm taking about 2000mg - I'm trying to get up to 3,000 each day.

MzSwift

Is MSM causing your boobies to feel swollen or inflamed? Kinda like the pms feeling? If so, is that a good thing?

Yup, I grew a cup size from this stuff!
I thought they were just swelling or getting full but I've gone from a D to a DD from Christmas Eve to the end of January.

It's also good for my backpain which, for some ladies, can go hand in hand with big boobs. LoL