My quest for the perfect detangling comb... ends in the pet store.

Neith

My last goody detangling comb broke even though I was very careful with it. :(

Ever since then I've been using my backup comb, but one caught my eye in the pet store :lol:

It's smooth, completely seamless and sturdy. The teeth are rounded at the end and like 1/4 an inch apart. It slips through my hair without causing breakage. Definitely my favorite comb and I'm positive it will last for years. My search is over.

Okay, it's a freaking dog comb... but hair is hair, right? :blush::lol:

They have it at amazon (sometimes I think that site has everything) for 15 dollars.

It reminds me of a metal k-cutter. I like this more than a k-cutter or pick because the whole thing is metal and there are absolutely no seams anywhere on this thing and no rough pieces of plastic for hair to snag on.

Just wanted to share. :blush::)

Filmatic

Now why did you have to do that to me. I was thinking the other day I didn't like the plastic on the k-cutter.

Fine 4s

I'd use it.
Years ago I used the metal brush on my hair and loved it.
Stolen. Never re-purchased.
Thanks for the reminder!

Bene

Woah, that looks like it just might work!

*off to stalk amazon's pet supply area*

Irresistible

Interesting comb

I think I need the longer teeth of the K cutter tho

always surprised to hear people had issues with the plastic, for 16+ years it's been doing me so righteous with no issues. I think some of ya'll might have gotten knock offs/poorly made K cutters or somethin.......I dunno

but whatever works. This seems like a cool comb though , sturdy for sure LOL

Neith

Interesting comb

I think I need the longer teeth of the K cutter tho

always surprised to hear people had issues with the plastic, for 16+ years it's been doing me so righteous with no issues. I think some of ya'll might have gotten knock offs/poorly made K cutters or somethin.......I dunno

but whatever works. This seems like a cool comb though , sturdy for sure LOL

That's a possibility. The one I got had rough plastic at the base. No real way for you to sand it down either.
:(

Bene

Just as I was looking around for this comb, one of the teeth on my goody shower comb popped off. That's like the 3rd one already!!! I'm definitely ready for something a little bit hardier.

Irresistible

That's a possibility. The one I got had rough plastic at the base. No real way for you to sand it down either.
:(
yikes girl, yeah mine doesn't have that, no snagging, sticking up parts

if this comb had longer teeth, I would be down to get one tho for sure:yep:

I was searching for a bone comb - but this one looks like it will do the job - steel too!

Just bought one on ebay :). Thank you for posting!

Neith

Just as I was looking around for this comb, one of the teeth on my goody shower comb popped off. That's like the 3rd one already!!! I'm definitely ready for something a little bit hardier.

I had a similar comb. I loved it for a while, but then it broke on me. I thought if I was extra gentle, it would hold up.

Don't have to worry about that with this one :grin:

:spank:

*Looks at siggy and exits*

:rofl: That siggy is disturbing.

Urban

:blush: Just the other day was on some horse website looking at their combs. I clicked off it coz I just knew I was crazy and the only one in the world doing such a thing. :lachen::lachen: I should've known y'all would understand.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
:laugh: Gotta love the innovativeness of LHCF.

That's right! Always thinking outside of the box. That's how it should be, too!

I noticed that there are no reviews on Amazon...ahm will you be posting the first review...there?

Last edited:

Neith

:blush: Just the other day was on some horse website looking at their combs. I clicked off it coz I just knew I was crazy and the only one in the world doing such a thing. :lachen::lachen: I should've known y'all would understand.

I felt a little crazy :lol: but I really like the comb!

I bet those horse combs were great too.
:lachen:

That's right! Always thinking outside of the box. That's how it should be, too!

I noticed that there a no reviews on Amazon...ahm will you be posting the first review...there?

Nope, I'll just keep it here! lol The Amazon folks would think I'm nuts. :spinning:

:rofl: That siggy is disturbing.

:lachen:Ya'll have a problem with my siggy!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:that is like heaven for me - all you US folks always get the stuff - so I really am ECSTATIC that I can get my AO stuff and coconut oil for $4 shipping. LOL.

Anyhooooo......guess what - I also bought the finishing comb.....:blush::blush::blush: I figure I'll need it for a proper detangle after I use the bigger one when I am going to flat iron......

exits thread.................