Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 12-12-2006, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear
How did you wear your hair when it was ear length?

How often did/do you conditioner wash?

When you said keeping your hair up, did you wear a bun? Braids? Twists? Etc?

~~~
KittenLongPaw and FlowerHair have beautiful natural hair! Congrats on being waist length!
Hey Poohbear, I never saw this, sorry! Thanks for the compliment

When my hair was ear length, I just wore it out. I couldn't really do much else with it. Eventually, I started sleeping with a doo-rag on it when it was damp, and that flattened it out some and actually made it dry in a cute style.

Right now I'm conditioner washing like twice a week, and washing with shampoo once a week. So, washing 3 times a week total. Since it's cold, I really don't feel like having wet hair more than I need to. I keep it in buns and braids most of the time, because that way it doesn't get tangled and I can wash it less. I've been using Wild Growth oil on it, because that makes it air dry really nicely after I wash, and keeps it feeling soft and easier to manage. Most of the time, I airdry with my hair in a braid or banded, and that leaves it a little straighter, which means less tangles and then I can just bun it and braid it for a few days without washing it. When the weather is warmer, I wash more, and wear it out more.

HTH!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:22 PM

Thanked 3,160 Times in 864 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

I am so happy you posted this thread! I will be printing off some of the tips.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

This is definitely a keeper thread!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 PM

Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Cool thread, truly inspirational!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM

Thanked 6,446 Times in 1,470 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

I would be happy with arm pit lenght. This board is inspirational.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Bump ! This thread is very inspirational ^^

Time Square ~ Wigging 'til BSL :: 9 inches to go !

Song of the Moment ~> LiVii (??) - C'Mon :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFJoOVbKpk
Old 03-04-2007, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Yes, thanks Nappy for bumping it.

So, Pooh, did you ever reach waist-length?

How long is your hair right now?

Of course, I remember SherryLove. She is another inspiration. Not too many black women can represent with length such as that.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:57 AM
FearfullyWonderfullyMade

Thanked 14,770 Times in 3,076 Posts
Mentioned: 822 Post(s)
Tagged: 34 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossssom
So, Pooh, did you ever reach waist-length?

How long is your hair right now?
LOL! No, my hair is no where near waist length. My hair was less than an inch long almost 2 years ago, so my hair has a long way to go if it's ever going to reach waistlength. But as Country gal expressed, I would be content with armpit length. I'm hoping I'll be armpit length by the end of this year. Right now, my hair is a few inches passed shoulder length when stretched in the back. However, the sides and front aren't as long because I just trimmed about 2 inches off last month.

And it's nice to finally see a picture of your hair Blossssom! Looks like you'll be waist length in no time!

Thanks KittenLongPaw for your response!
Purchase beauty products from me! http://www.marykay.com/jgpeete
Old 03-04-2007, 12:30 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I WANT WAIST LENGTH HAIR NOW...but I know it takes patience... In the meantime...Give us some TIPS!!!
What was your starting length for growing your hair? My starting point is just above bra-strap length
How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point? It took me about 1 year.
Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? Natural
What was you regime as you grew your hair out? My hair grew the best when I just left it alone and eliminated direct heat. I washed it at first whenever my scalp itched, I have a detailed regimen now but I don’t think it’s what really grew my hair, I think most of all it was a healthy diet and eliminating heat.
What products did you use? Any moisturizing conditioner, I now like V05 moisture milks. I want to mention part of my hair growth was b4 I knew about LHCF so I wasn’t doing much and it grew but to get me to inch past the mid-back length and into waist-length I really feel ACV rinses helped, as well as deep conditioning, and OIL which my hair loves now that I have moisture down I need to get my protein down as well so my strands will be that much stronger.
What styles did you wear? I got the most consistent growth with braid outs over the summer. I also did protective styling buns, and stuffing all of it under a straight wig. Hehehe
Any other hair growing tips??? For me keeping my scalp clean and not messing with my ends much while retaining moisture and seriously limiting heat is the best option to gain length. Diet is also important; also little changes like changing to a satian pillowcase and remembering to moisturize my hair daily is what helped me to finally retain the length.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetesh
I WANT WAIST LENGTH HAIR NOW...but I know it takes patience... In the meantime...Give us some TIPS!!!
What was your starting length for growing your hair? My starting point is just above bra-strap length
How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point? It took me about 1 year.
What was you regime as you grew your hair out? My hair grew the best when I just left it alone and eliminated direct heat. I washed it at first whenever my scalp itched, I have a detailed regimen now but I don’t think it’s what really grew my hair, I think most of all it was a healthy diet and eliminating heat.
What products did you use? Any moisturizing conditioner, I now like V05 moisture milks. I want to mention part of my hair growth was b4 I knew about LHCF so I wasn’t doing much and it grew but to get me to inch past the mid-back length and into waist-length I really feel ACV rinses helped, as well as deep conditioning, and OIL which my hair loves now that I have moisture down I need to get my protein down as well so my strands will be that much stronger.
What styles did you wear? I got the most consistent growth with braid outs over the summer. I also did protective styling buns, and stuffing all of it under a straight wig. Hehehe
Any other hair growing tips??? For me keeping my scalp clean and not messing with my ends much while retaining moisture and seriously limiting heat is the best option to gain length. Diet is also important; also little changes like changing to a satian pillowcase and remembering to moisturize my hair daily is what helped me to finally retain the length.

Woooow your reach your waistlength goal CONGRATULATION QETESH
Old 07-19-2008, 02:37 AM
FearfullyWonderfullyMade

Thanked 14,770 Times in 3,076 Posts
Mentioned: 822 Post(s)
Tagged: 34 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetesh View Post
Thanks for sharing!
Purchase beauty products from me! http://www.marykay.com/jgpeete
Old 07-19-2008, 03:19 PM

Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,054 Posts
Mentioned: 268 Post(s)
Tagged: 32 Thread(s)
Smile Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

What was your starting length for growing your hair? barely touching shoulder length

How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point?
counting 1 major set-back, 3-4 years

What was you regime as you grew your hair out?
dusting trimms I did myself, every 3-4 months, baggying nightly at one point, regime link in siggy

What products did you use? suave coconut conditioner, S-curl no drip activator, monoi, avocado, coconut, masqueti oils-diff times, silicon mix, aphogee for a time( I don't use it now) my updated regime link is in my siggy, products in my fotki.

What styles did you wear? braided weaves, phonytail baggie, baggying nightly at one point ( I had some dryness issues)

Any other hair growing tips??? I would say if your braiding or braid/weave, you have to moisturize daily most times moisturize extra, that's why I baggied so much at one point. Also I think I should have given up the braided weave when i was mid-back approaching WSL cause the weight of the weave I had to wear to cover my real hair was getting too heavy, and it was too hard to get inbetween to moisturize and oil like I used to. Also, keep your products to a minimum, simplify your routine as much as you can, and give up heat when trying to reach a goal, then you can find a healthy balance with heat usage. hth

Last edited by Lucia; 07-19-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)
Smile Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
What was your starting length for growing your hair? barely touching shoulder length

counting 1 major set-back, 3-4 years

dusting trimms I did myself, every 3-4 months, baggying nightly at one point, regime link in siggy

What products did you use? suave coconut conditioner, S-curl no drip activator, monoi, avocado, coconut, masqueti oils-diff times, silicon mix, aphogee for a time( I don't use it now) my updated regime link is in my siggy, products in my fotki.

What styles did you wear? braided weaves, phonytail baggie, baggying nightly at one point ( I had some dryness issues)

Any other hair growing tips??? I would say if your braiding or braid/weave, you have to moisturize daily most times moisturize extra, that's why I baggied so much at one point. Also I think I should have given up the braided weave when i was mid-back approaching WSL cause the weight of the weave I had to wear to cover my real hair was getting too heavy, and it was too hard to get inbetween to moisturize and oil like I used to. Also, keep your products to a minimum, simplify your routine as much as you can, and give up heat when trying to reach a goal, then you can find a healthy balance with heat usage. hth
Alright, Lucia!
Old 07-20-2008, 01:54 PM

Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,054 Posts
Mentioned: 268 Post(s)
Tagged: 32 Thread(s)
Talking Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicoro View Post
Alright, Lucia!
Thanks girl, it's been a long haul, and you know I could not have done it without you and some of my other hair mentors on here and on fotki. WSL party : you know
Old 07-07-2009, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

bumping for more success stories. Congrats to all you "WL Hair Hall of Famers!" Are there more who've made it? Tell us.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Oh I like this thread!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 AM

Thanked 2,280 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 55 Thread(s)

Waistlength checking in .
Old 07-07-2009, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy View Post
Waistlength checking in .
Any tips toy???????????
Old 07-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Thanked 2,280 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 55 Thread(s)

[quote=Lucia;5099971]What was your starting length for growing your hair? Broken shoulder length

3 years

Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? Relaxed

Protective styling,keeping my hair moisturized

What products did you use? S-curl no drip activator, Proline softner moisturizer, coconut oil,Castor Oil Hairveda green tera butter hairveda whipped ends hydration
What styles did you wear? Ponytails Always

Any other hair growing tips??? I would say keep hair protected and moisturized
Old 07-07-2009, 11:59 AM

Thanked 14,935 Times in 2,651 Posts
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 17 Thread(s)

Thank you Toy! You ladies give me hope that this IS possible with hard work and dilgence.