Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 12-12-2006, 12:24 PM
KittenLongPaw KittenLongPaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 336
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear
How did you wear your hair when it was ear length?

How often did/do you conditioner wash?

When you said keeping your hair up, did you wear a bun? Braids? Twists? Etc?

~~~
KittenLongPaw and FlowerHair have beautiful natural hair! Congrats on being waist length!
Hey Poohbear, I never saw this, sorry! Thanks for the compliment

When my hair was ear length, I just wore it out. I couldn't really do much else with it. Eventually, I started sleeping with a doo-rag on it when it was damp, and that flattened it out some and actually made it dry in a cute style.

Right now I'm conditioner washing like twice a week, and washing with shampoo once a week. So, washing 3 times a week total. Since it's cold, I really don't feel like having wet hair more than I need to. I keep it in buns and braids most of the time, because that way it doesn't get tangled and I can wash it less. I've been using Wild Growth oil on it, because that makes it air dry really nicely after I wash, and keeps it feeling soft and easier to manage. Most of the time, I airdry with my hair in a braid or banded, and that leaves it a little straighter, which means less tangles and then I can just bun it and braid it for a few days without washing it. When the weather is warmer, I wash more, and wear it out more.

HTH!
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 12-12-2006, 01:22 PM
EbonyHairedPrincess's Avatar
EbonyHairedPrincess EbonyHairedPrincess is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mid-Mitten: ♔ Singing ♫
Posts: 4,182
Thanks: 1,012
Thanked 3,160 Times in 864 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

I am so happy you posted this thread! I will be printing off some of the tips.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-12-2006, 02:54 PM
SherryLove's Avatar
SherryLove SherryLove is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 2,819
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

This is definitely a keeper thread!!!!!!!
__________________
www.picturetrail.com/mizdivine
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 PM
LovelyLionessa LovelyLionessa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: at my vanity table
Posts: 4,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Cool thread, truly inspirational!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Country gal's Avatar
Country gal Country gal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: neverland
Posts: 27,668
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 2,695
Thanked 6,446 Times in 1,470 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

I would be happy with arm pit lenght. This board is inspirational.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Naphy's Avatar
Naphy Naphy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris - city of fashion ^^
Posts: 450
Thanks: 84
Thanked 121 Times in 24 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Bump ! This thread is very inspirational ^^
__________________

Time Square ~ Wigging 'til BSL :: 9 inches to go !

Song of the Moment ~> LiVii (??) - C'Mon :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFJoOVbKpk
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Blossssom's Avatar
Blossssom Blossssom is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: On God's green earth :)
Posts: 38,641
Thanks: 0
Thanked 64 Times in 50 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Yes, thanks Nappy for bumping it.

So, Pooh, did you ever reach waist-length?

How long is your hair right now?

Of course, I remember SherryLove. She is another inspiration. Not too many black women can represent with length such as that.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Poohbear's Avatar
Poohbear Poohbear is offline
FearfullyWonderfullyMade
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Black Mecca
Posts: 20,889
Blog Entries: 13
Thanks: 7,936
Thanked 14,770 Times in 3,076 Posts
Mentioned: 822 Post(s)
Tagged: 34 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossssom
So, Pooh, did you ever reach waist-length?

How long is your hair right now?
LOL! No, my hair is no where near waist length. My hair was less than an inch long almost 2 years ago, so my hair has a long way to go if it's ever going to reach waistlength. But as Country gal expressed, I would be content with armpit length. I'm hoping I'll be armpit length by the end of this year. Right now, my hair is a few inches passed shoulder length when stretched in the back. However, the sides and front aren't as long because I just trimmed about 2 inches off last month.

And it's nice to finally see a picture of your hair Blossssom! Looks like you'll be waist length in no time!

Thanks KittenLongPaw for your response!
__________________
Natural hair since May 2005! 4a/b tighly coiled texture! Goal of WL by 12/31/14!
My Hair Pics! password: hairbear
My YouTube Channel!
Purchase beauty products from me! http://www.marykay.com/jgpeete
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Qetesh's Avatar
Qetesh Qetesh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

I WANT WAIST LENGTH HAIR NOW...but I know it takes patience... In the meantime...Give us some TIPS!!!
What was your starting length for growing your hair? My starting point is just above bra-strap length
How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point? It took me about 1 year.
Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? Natural
What was you regime as you grew your hair out? My hair grew the best when I just left it alone and eliminated direct heat. I washed it at first whenever my scalp itched, I have a detailed regimen now but I don’t think it’s what really grew my hair, I think most of all it was a healthy diet and eliminating heat.
What products did you use? Any moisturizing conditioner, I now like V05 moisture milks. I want to mention part of my hair growth was b4 I knew about LHCF so I wasn’t doing much and it grew but to get me to inch past the mid-back length and into waist-length I really feel ACV rinses helped, as well as deep conditioning, and OIL which my hair loves now that I have moisture down I need to get my protein down as well so my strands will be that much stronger.
What styles did you wear? I got the most consistent growth with braid outs over the summer. I also did protective styling buns, and stuffing all of it under a straight wig. Hehehe
Any other hair growing tips??? For me keeping my scalp clean and not messing with my ends much while retaining moisture and seriously limiting heat is the best option to gain length. Diet is also important; also little changes like changing to a satian pillowcase and remembering to moisturize my hair daily is what helped me to finally retain the length.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-04-2007, 01:38 PM
remnant's Avatar
remnant remnant is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,364
Thanks: 4,777
Thanked 259 Times in 114 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetesh
I WANT WAIST LENGTH HAIR NOW...but I know it takes patience... In the meantime...Give us some TIPS!!!
What was your starting length for growing your hair? My starting point is just above bra-strap length
How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point? It took me about 1 year.
Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? Natural
What was you regime as you grew your hair out? My hair grew the best when I just left it alone and eliminated direct heat. I washed it at first whenever my scalp itched, I have a detailed regimen now but I don’t think it’s what really grew my hair, I think most of all it was a healthy diet and eliminating heat.
What products did you use? Any moisturizing conditioner, I now like V05 moisture milks. I want to mention part of my hair growth was b4 I knew about LHCF so I wasn’t doing much and it grew but to get me to inch past the mid-back length and into waist-length I really feel ACV rinses helped, as well as deep conditioning, and OIL which my hair loves now that I have moisture down I need to get my protein down as well so my strands will be that much stronger.
What styles did you wear? I got the most consistent growth with braid outs over the summer. I also did protective styling buns, and stuffing all of it under a straight wig. Hehehe
Any other hair growing tips??? For me keeping my scalp clean and not messing with my ends much while retaining moisture and seriously limiting heat is the best option to gain length. Diet is also important; also little changes like changing to a satian pillowcase and remembering to moisturize my hair daily is what helped me to finally retain the length.

Woooow your reach your waistlength goal CONGRATULATION QETESH
__________________
natural 4b (fine hair)
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 07-19-2008, 02:37 AM
Poohbear's Avatar
Poohbear Poohbear is offline
FearfullyWonderfullyMade
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Black Mecca
Posts: 20,889
Blog Entries: 13
Thanks: 7,936
Thanked 14,770 Times in 3,076 Posts
Mentioned: 822 Post(s)
Tagged: 34 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetesh View Post
I WANT WAIST LENGTH HAIR NOW...but I know it takes patience... In the meantime...Give us some TIPS!!!
What was your starting length for growing your hair? My starting point is just above bra-strap length
How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point? It took me about 1 year.
Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? Natural
What was you regime as you grew your hair out? My hair grew the best when I just left it alone and eliminated direct heat. I washed it at first whenever my scalp itched, I have a detailed regimen now but I don’t think it’s what really grew my hair, I think most of all it was a healthy diet and eliminating heat.
What products did you use? Any moisturizing conditioner, I now like V05 moisture milks. I want to mention part of my hair growth was b4 I knew about LHCF so I wasn’t doing much and it grew but to get me to inch past the mid-back length and into waist-length I really feel ACV rinses helped, as well as deep conditioning, and OIL which my hair loves now that I have moisture down I need to get my protein down as well so my strands will be that much stronger.
What styles did you wear? I got the most consistent growth with braid outs over the summer. I also did protective styling buns, and stuffing all of it under a straight wig. Hehehe
Any other hair growing tips??? For me keeping my scalp clean and not messing with my ends much while retaining moisture and seriously limiting heat is the best option to gain length. Diet is also important; also little changes like changing to a satian pillowcase and remembering to moisturize my hair daily is what helped me to finally retain the length.
Thanks for sharing!
__________________
Natural hair since May 2005! 4a/b tighly coiled texture! Goal of WL by 12/31/14!
My Hair Pics! password: hairbear
My YouTube Channel!
Purchase beauty products from me! http://www.marykay.com/jgpeete
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Lucia's Avatar
Lucia Lucia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,805
Blog Entries: 39
Thanks: 1,449
Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,054 Posts
Mentioned: 268 Post(s)
Tagged: 32 Thread(s)
Smile Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

What was your starting length for growing your hair? barely touching shoulder length

How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point?
counting 1 major set-back, 3-4 years

Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? Natural

What was you regime as you grew your hair out?
dusting trimms I did myself, every 3-4 months, baggying nightly at one point, regime link in siggy

What products did you use? suave coconut conditioner, S-curl no drip activator, monoi, avocado, coconut, masqueti oils-diff times, silicon mix, aphogee for a time( I don't use it now) my updated regime link is in my siggy, products in my fotki.

What styles did you wear? braided weaves, phonytail baggie, baggying nightly at one point ( I had some dryness issues)


Any other hair growing tips??? I would say if your braiding or braid/weave, you have to moisturize daily most times moisturize extra, that's why I baggied so much at one point. Also I think I should have given up the braided weave when i was mid-back approaching WSL cause the weight of the weave I had to wear to cover my real hair was getting too heavy, and it was too hard to get inbetween to moisturize and oil like I used to. Also, keep your products to a minimum, simplify your routine as much as you can, and give up heat when trying to reach a goal, then you can find a healthy balance with heat usage. hth

Last edited by Lucia; 07-19-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Chicoro's Avatar
Chicoro Chicoro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 1,008
Thanks: 566
Thanked 942 Times in 233 Posts
Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)
Smile Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
What was your starting length for growing your hair? barely touching shoulder length

How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point?
counting 1 major set-back, 3-4 years

Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? Natural

What was you regime as you grew your hair out?
dusting trimms I did myself, every 3-4 months, baggying nightly at one point, regime link in siggy

What products did you use? suave coconut conditioner, S-curl no drip activator, monoi, avocado, coconut, masqueti oils-diff times, silicon mix, aphogee for a time( I don't use it now) my updated regime link is in my siggy, products in my fotki.

What styles did you wear? braided weaves, phonytail baggie, baggying nightly at one point ( I had some dryness issues)


Any other hair growing tips??? I would say if your braiding or braid/weave, you have to moisturize daily most times moisturize extra, that's why I baggied so much at one point. Also I think I should have given up the braided weave when i was mid-back approaching WSL cause the weight of the weave I had to wear to cover my real hair was getting too heavy, and it was too hard to get inbetween to moisturize and oil like I used to. Also, keep your products to a minimum, simplify your routine as much as you can, and give up heat when trying to reach a goal, then you can find a healthy balance with heat usage. hth
Alright, Lucia!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Lucia's Avatar
Lucia Lucia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,805
Blog Entries: 39
Thanks: 1,449
Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,054 Posts
Mentioned: 268 Post(s)
Tagged: 32 Thread(s)
Talking Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicoro View Post
Alright, Lucia!
Thanks girl, it's been a long haul, and you know I could not have done it without you and some of my other hair mentors on here and on fotki. WSL party : you know
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-07-2009, 05:23 AM
MrsHdrLe MrsHdrLe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: A square peg in a round hole
Posts: 2,188
Thanks: 423
Thanked 526 Times in 156 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

bumping for more success stories. Congrats to all you "WL Hair Hall of Famers!" Are there more who've made it? Tell us.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-07-2009, 07:42 AM
BroadstreetBully BroadstreetBully is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 7,025
Blog Entries: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 207 Times in 91 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Oh I like this thread!
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Toy's Avatar
Toy Toy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 5,663
Thanks: 2,160
Thanked 2,280 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 55 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Waistlength checking in .
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-07-2009, 11:09 AM
camilla's Avatar
camilla camilla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 887
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 148
Thanked 276 Times in 129 Posts
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy View Post
Waistlength checking in .
Any tips toy???????????
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Toy's Avatar
Toy Toy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 5,663
Thanks: 2,160
Thanked 2,280 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 55 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

[quote=Lucia;5099971]What was your starting length for growing your hair? Broken shoulder length

How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point?
3 years

Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? Relaxed

What was you regime as you grew your hair out?
Protective styling,keeping my hair moisturized


What products did you use? S-curl no drip activator, Proline softner moisturizer, coconut oil,Castor Oil Hairveda green tera butter hairveda whipped ends hydration
What styles did you wear? Ponytails Always


Any other hair growing tips??? I would say keep hair protected and moisturized
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-07-2009, 11:59 AM
beans4reezy's Avatar
beans4reezy beans4reezy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreaming of BSL
Posts: 8,140
Thanks: 43,615
Thanked 14,935 Times in 2,651 Posts
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 17 Thread(s)
Default Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Thank you Toy! You ladies give me hope that this IS possible with hard work and dilgence.
__________________
Oh yeah, he fine!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



» Advertisment

» Advertisment

» Advertisment

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2011, Long Hair Care Forum™, LLC.
Site Maintenance Nikos Dimopoulos - www.niden.net