Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Senin Senin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 78
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Platinum Growth System

Hello Ladies!!
I am wondering if any of you have heard about a product called Platinum Growth System? My nail tech (African American w/ 4b hair) had gotten highlights last Fall and her hair fell out. She ended up having to cut her hair to right below her ear. Since then her hair has grown about 2 inches. Now it had been 2 months since I saw her last and her hair is almost touching the bottom of her neck. I asked her what she used and she told me she used the Rapid Growth Scalp Serum along with Platinum Conditioner. She didn't recommend the shampoo stating that it made her hair dry. I have to say I am pretty impressed given the fact that her hair is longer and looks thicker as well.

Here is the problem:
They don't list ingredients
Who knows if this really works
She was wouldn't let me take a photo of her hair to paste onto this site and didn't want me to mention the product to anyone. So of course I am having doubts as I am hoping that she wasn't just being selfish.

Check out the site and let me know your thoughts!!!

http://www.platinumgrowthsystem.com/index.php
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:17 PM
tiffers's Avatar
tiffers tiffers is online now
<--- HL, here I come!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Land of Polish
Posts: 14,704
Thanks: 58,419
Thanked 29,985 Times in 4,708 Posts
Mentioned: 1700 Post(s)
Tagged: 100 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Yeah, she's being selfish. A lot of women IRL don't wanna share their hair growing secrets, I guess they wanna be the only ones with long hair

I'm interested in that serum, though
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:34 PM
sunshinelady sunshinelady is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Under da Sea
Posts: 11,653
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 103 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Looks a little bootleg to me, but that doesn't mean it won't work.. No such thing as Omega 3 amino acids.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:39 PM
bluediamond0829 bluediamond0829 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 11,957
Thanks: 5,666
Thanked 4,764 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 335 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Dang the serum is like 39.99. I would need to hear and see some other good results before trying it.

Thats sad how she didnt want you to tell other people about the products. I mean if i knew something that made a persons hair grow faster hair and achieve the goal they have. i could understand about taking a picture of hair i would be kind of sceptic about that too.
__________________
SW:178.8
CW: 176.5(7/21)
GW: 135
OTF/Zumba/Meal Prep/Herbalife
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:46 PM
NuBraveHeart's Avatar
NuBraveHeart NuBraveHeart is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: illinois
Posts: 2,049
Thanks: 881
Thanked 3,909 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

i was just about to post about this. i did a search on here and couldn't find anyone that had used it. i just bought the new oxygen magazine and was flipping through and saw it. i'm thinking about buying it after i finish my BT bottle. not buying new stuff until the old stuff is gone. my new mantra...
__________________
healthy hair journey commencement: 28Sept08
hair type: 4a/4b, fine strands
fotki: http://members.fotki.com/NuBraveHeart/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:56 PM
talata talata is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Between Silver Spring & Accra
Posts: 270
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffers View Post
Yeah, she's being selfish. A lot of women IRL don't wanna share their hair growing secrets, I guess they wanna be the only ones with long hair

I'm interested in that serum, though
Hmmmm, eying the serum as well. But for that price, I think I'll hold out for more reviews first.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Senin Senin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 78
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

yeah I guess the picture would have been a bit much but I just wanted everyone to see results for themselves. I was going to photo from the back so that her face wouldn't be shown. LOL As for the $39.99 price I am hoping this does work. I will wait and see who else posts but I may have to take one for the team and try it out . I am contacting customer service on Monday to get a list of ingredients and I will post any info they give.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluediamond0829 View Post
Dang the serum is like 39.99. I would need to hear and see some other good results before trying it.

Thats sad how she didnt want you to tell other people about the products. I mean if i knew something that made a persons hair grow faster hair and achieve the goal they have. i could understand about taking a picture of hair i would be kind of sceptic about that too.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Senin Senin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 78
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

That is sooo sad. That's why I am glad that this site exists so that we can help and motivate each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffers View Post
Yeah, she's being selfish. A lot of women IRL don't wanna share their hair growing secrets, I guess they wanna be the only ones with long hair

I'm interested in that serum, though
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:14 PM
bluediamond0829 bluediamond0829 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 11,957
Thanks: 5,666
Thanked 4,764 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 335 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

someone mentioned it on yahoo and wanted a review. The person that responded said it had been featured on Oprah.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4193834AA109qJ
__________________
SW:178.8
CW: 176.5(7/21)
GW: 135
OTF/Zumba/Meal Prep/Herbalife
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Cali*Rocks Cali*Rocks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Closer to my Dreams
Posts: 957
Thanks: 41
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluediamond0829 View Post
someone mentioned it on yahoo and wanted a review. The person that responded said it had been featured on Oprah.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4193834AA109qJ
I don't think they were talking about the platinum growth. I believe they

were referring to something called edenbodyworks
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
LaidBak LaidBak is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 3,795
Thanks: 1,204
Thanked 3,476 Times in 1,163 Posts
Mentioned: 369 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Hmmm.....keeping an eye on this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-22-2009, 11:29 PM
2themax 2themax is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 442
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Still waiting for the ingredients......
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Senin Senin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 78
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Hey Ladies-
Still waiting on the list of ingredients. As soon as I get them I will let you all know.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Senin Senin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 78
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

OK now I am starting to feel more and more like this is a scam. First off I have been waiting on ingredients since Monday to no avail. When I call in they say their lines are busy due to high call volume and to leave a message which I have done as well as e-mail the company. I received a call today from a lady who stated that she would send over the ingredients with no problem. While we were on the phone she took down my email address and said she was literally sending it over and guess what!?!?!?!?!? No e-mail and no ingredients. I tried to call back the number on the caller ID on my cell and it just went to some unknown voicemail box. I also looked the company up on a company search engine and it listed a 310 number (LA). When I dialed that number the person who answered it informed me that I had reached The Pet Depot.... WTF? So until I get a list of ingredients I am going to assume this is yet another scam to get our money. If I ever receive the ingredients i will let you ladies know. On the bright side at least no one has wasted any of their money!! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
araceli2418 araceli2418 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senin View Post
OK now I am starting to feel more and more like this is a scam. First off I have been waiting on ingredients since Monday to no avail. When I call in they say their lines are busy due to high call volume and to leave a message which I have done as well as e-mail the company. I received a call today from a lady who stated that she would send over the ingredients with no problem. While we were on the phone she took down my email address and said she was literally sending it over and guess what!?!?!?!?!? No e-mail and no ingredients. I tried to call back the number on the caller ID on my cell and it just went to some unknown voicemail box. I also looked the company up on a company search engine and it listed a 310 number (LA). When I dialed that number the person who answered it informed me that I had reached The Pet Depot.... WTF? So until I get a list of ingredients I am going to assume this is yet another scam to get our money. If I ever receive the ingredients i will let you ladies know. On the bright side at least no one has wasted any of their money!! LOL
Yeah, yesterday I read your previous post where you were waiting for the ingredients and I found it odd that you were still waiting. I also sent an email requesting to know the ingredients but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-26-2009, 11:15 PM
2themax 2themax is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 442
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

I just sent an email also to find out the ingredients along with some other questions about their products........but.........I've already ordered it a few days ago (wishful thinking). It's your fault Senin (smiling). Don't forget if you get those ingredients before me, inquiring minds wanna know!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-26-2009, 11:31 PM
tiffers's Avatar
tiffers tiffers is online now
<--- HL, here I come!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Land of Polish
Posts: 14,704
Thanks: 58,419
Thanked 29,985 Times in 4,708 Posts
Mentioned: 1700 Post(s)
Tagged: 100 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2themax View Post
I just sent an email also to find out the ingredients along with some other questions about their products........but.........I've already ordered it a few days ago (wishful thinking). It's your fault Senin (smiling). Don't forget if you get those ingredients before me, inquiring minds wanna know!
LMAO!!!! Girl, that made me crack up! Be sure to post the ingredients when you get the bottle!!! (but why do I have the feeling that there will be no ingredients listed on the bottle? )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Senin Senin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 78
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

LOL sorry girl. I would just like to see the face on whoever receives these emails with all of these requests for ingredients. If this is a scam I bet they are scared out of their mind. Hopefully it's not though maybe they are just unorganized .... well let's hope anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2themax View Post
I just sent an email also to find out the ingredients along with some other questions about their products........but.........I've already ordered it a few days ago (wishful thinking). It's your fault Senin (smiling). Don't forget if you get those ingredients before me, inquiring minds wanna know!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 PM
2themax 2themax is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 442
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senin View Post
LOL sorry girl. I would just like to see the face on whoever receives these emails with all of these requests for ingredients. If this is a scam I bet they are scared out of their mind. Hopefully it's not though maybe they are just unorganized .... well let's hope anyway.
Just got it today!!!

Drum Roll:

Purified Water
SDA (don't know what this is)
Hydroxy-propyl Methyl Cellulose
Panthenol
Chamomile Extract
Sage Extract
Capsicum Extract
Polysorbate 80
Mixed Fruit Acids
Methyl Nicotinate

Distributed for Platinum Services, Los Angeles, CA 90025

I'm gonna try it either tonight after washing my (dirty) hair or tomorrow after work. I just feel lazy - we'll see. Alright Senin girl - it's on you now You done got us started
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Senin Senin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 78
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Platinum Growth System

Oh my...........if it's on me then I hope that stuff grows your hair like Rapunzel. thanks for the update and please let us know how it works!!





Quote:
Originally Posted by 2themax View Post
Just got it today!!!

Drum Roll:

Purified Water
SDA (don't know what this is)
Hydroxy-propyl Methyl Cellulose
Panthenol
Chamomile Extract
Sage Extract
Capsicum Extract
Polysorbate 80
Mixed Fruit Acids
Methyl Nicotinate

Distributed for Platinum Services, Los Angeles, CA 90025

I'm gonna try it either tonight after washing my (dirty) hair or tomorrow after work. I just feel lazy - we'll see. Alright Senin girl - it's on you now You done got us started
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



» Advertisment

» Advertisment

» Advertisment

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2011, Long Hair Care Forum™, LLC.
Site Maintenance Nikos Dimopoulos - www.niden.net