Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2008, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default Re: when are my curls going to pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for all the advice ladies
i see more curls now i think it just takes time
i know they are curls and waves in my nape area i think its 3c maybe
the crown of my hair(center) i have really small curls

and the front on my hair is idk ill find out when i take these twists out its fine textured and the curls are bigger than the crown areas curls. maybe 4a/3c
Old 06-22-2008, 01:15 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I could see and feel curls on my hair when I was transitioning and after the BC I had curls from the jump; however, I know for some people it has to grow out a bit more for the curls to really pop. When I wet and condition my hair the become defined. I would try ... not sure of her username's ... shake method. Or using a denman/goody brush with V05 or Suave.

I usually co-wash let it drip dry as long as I can take and then put a little V05 or Suave in as a leave-in and a squirt of Fantasia IC Gel. Run it over my hair front to back then come back to the front and rub to the back and they kinda just spring up.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:51 PM

I'm not natural but I do wash-n-go. Maybe you should try to co wash and put nothing in to see your "naked" hair; perhaps you are using too much product.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:11 PM

Thanked 14,060 Times in 3,934 Posts
Mentioned: 444 Post(s)
Tagged: 130 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichelle View Post
I was going to say something similar. If you need products to make your hair curly, maybe it's not naturally curly. I'm not saying it isn't, because others here seemed to have experienced the same thing you are. I guess you just need to be patient. When I did the big chop, my hair was curly right off, even though I had a rough patch of what I think was scab hair, which I cut off. From my experience, curly hair is curly regardless of product. Product may make the curls look better or make your hair clump in a different way or reduce frizz. But if you have curly hair, you generally don't have to do anything to make your hair curly. Again, that's my experience. YMMV. I will say this, though, which I know to be very true: length affects curl. Some people have hair that doesn't curl until it reaches a certain length, just because of their particular curl pattern. That could be the situation for you.
Cosigning on everything...
Old 06-22-2008, 02:21 PM

I agree w/ the ladies who said to cut off the straight pieces, that will certainly help the curls pop. Also, I know my hair needs a good 4 inches and a proper moisturizing conitioner for it to REALLY pop. It's weird but the longer my hair gets the more defined my curls become. (I say weird, but maybe that's normal )
Old 06-22-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalJoy View Post
I agree w/ the ladies who said to cut off the straight pieces, that will certainly help the curls pop. Also, I know my hair needs a good 4 inches and a proper moisturizing conitioner for it to REALLY pop. It's weird but the longer my hair gets the more defined my curls become. (I say weird, but maybe that's normal )
every time i think i cut off the relaxed ends i always see one or two more
and my hair is about 4 inches ill measure it to make sure when i transitioned i had many waves and curls in some places i might have 3 inches. i seen defined curls last night when i used flawless curls as a co wash ntm as a moisturizer, then the ic fantasia i seen a lot of defined curls. on Wednesday when i take these twists out im going to do the final and last snip.last night when i saw straight ends i cut it and accidentally cut some of my curls
but unfortunately these straight left over ends are in the back of my head
Old 06-22-2008, 02:49 PM

i think it also depends on how long i transitioned too. my last real relaxer was nov 25th. i did another feb 12th i think and it reverted, or just didnt get really straight. so it was kind of like i transitioned for 3 months but i just say 5 because it didnt straighten
Old 06-22-2008, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylibra View Post
okay i LOVE this phrase, gonna start using it!
Yay! I made something catchy. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by seximami View Post
every time i think i cut off the relaxed ends i always see one or two more
and my hair is about 4 inches ill measure it to make sure when i transitioned i had many waves and curls in some places i might have 3 inches. i seen defined curls last night when i used flawless curls as a co wash ntm as a moisturizer, then the ic fantasia i seen a lot of defined curls. on Wednesday when i take these twists out im going to do the final and last snip.last night when i saw straight ends i cut it and accidentally cut some of my curls
but unfortunately these straight left over ends are in the back of my head
Oh I just wanted to say that you should put the scissiors down for a while. I cut TWO inches off my hair b/c I thought it was still relaxer on the ends. Come to find out at 3.5 inches my curl pattern start an S shape before it goes into the Os again at round 4 inches. My hair would be around 6 inches had I just listened to my DH.

Give it a few months b4 you decide to trim again.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsparkle825 View Post
number one...what kinda camera is that. LOL I WANT IT!

number two...these curls are perfect. if this is from shaking i need that in my life...i get tired of drip drying so i have been using a turbie twist and the frizz is out of control. how do you "style" the front?
Girl its a Nikon D70s. I love my carmea lol.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seximami View Post
i think it also depends on how long i transitioned too. my last real relaxer was nov 25th. i did another feb 12th i think and it reverted, or just didnt get really straight. so it was kind of like i transitioned for 3 months but i just say 5 because it didnt straighten
Oh well that may explain it then. The reverted hair is not behaving like your true texture so just wait it out and you should see a difference in the new new growth and the reverted hair.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
I was going to say something similar. If you need products to make your hair curly, maybe it's not naturally curly. I'm not saying it isn't, because others here seemed to have experienced the same thing you are. I guess you just need to be patient. When I did the big chop, my hair was curly right off, even though I had a rough patch of what I think was scab hair, which I cut off. From my experience, curly hair is curly regardless of product. Product may make the curls look better or make your hair clump in a different way or reduce frizz. But if you have curly hair, you generally don't have to do anything to make your hair curly. Again, that's my experience. YMMV. I will say this, though, which I know to be very true: length affects curl. Some people have hair that doesn't curl until it reaches a certain length, just because of their particular curl pattern. That could be the situation for you.
i agree, my hair immediately curled up, and there are hair types that do take a while to really curl, and if you said that you think your hair is 4a/3c, then you hair should have a natural curling characteristic, so maybe thats not your hair type? i am a 3c/4a and my hair curled immediately after the relaxed ends were gone, and i understand different folks have different hair, but these traits are common in this particular hair type. maybe you need to reconsider what hair type you think you are, research the hair type and compare.

you might also try to do a protein treatment, or get you hair to balance protein and moisture. i did a egg/mayo/olive oil mix and put it on my hair for about an hour, and moisturized daily, and it helped to make my curls and coils more uniform and less frizzy.

hth
Old 06-23-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlucious View Post
i agree, my hair immediately curled up, and there are hair types that do take a while to really curl, and if you said that you think your hair is 4a/3c, then you hair should have a natural curling characteristic, so maybe thats not your hair type? i am a 3c/4a and my hair curled immediately after the relaxed ends were gone, and i understand different folks have different hair, but these traits are common in this particular hair type. maybe you need to reconsider what hair type you think you are, research the hair type and compare.

you might also try to do a protein treatment, or get you hair to balance protein and moisture. i did a egg/mayo/olive oil mix and put it on my hair for about an hour, and moisturized daily, and it helped to make my curls and coils more uniform and less frizzy.

hth
ill try thati think im seeing progress though there just coming one by one in the back there all here im seeing a lot today and yesterday. i might have a few spots of scab hair or i dont. if 3c/4a isnt my texture im fine with it but i know my nape is 3c because i never really relaxed my nape
Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 PM

Thanked 26,677 Times in 3,249 Posts
Mentioned: 430 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon386 View Post
Your hair may not curl. Or you could have scab hair. Give it a few months of trial and error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bint Yusef View Post
thats what i was going to say too. i get curl definition from breathing, dont really need a product. some make them clump better, but thats just usually water and a gel....thats it.
Quote:
Cosigning with these three...

I will say this though...my hair took a good 24hrs before it settled.. When I first BCed it was straightish...

OP, Try some Elasta QP H2 leave in moisturizer. I used to use this and it was great for "definning" my curls.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {BiB} Finding MySelf View Post
Oh well that may explain it then. The reverted hair is not behaving like your true texture so just wait it out and you should see a difference in the new new growth and the reverted hair.
yea i was thinking that ill see some more and ill take pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiennd View Post
Cosigning with these three...

I will say this though...my hair took a good 24hrs before it settled.. When I first BCed it was straightish...

OP, Try some Elasta QP H2 leave in moisturizer. I used to use this and it was great for "definning" my curls.
yea that might be it
when i did the bc i had defined curls, that same day i put braids in, and i just took them out but the back my nape area is really curly i cant tell the fronts curl pattern because i have twists in, i just know its fine textured
ill try the elasta qp h2 leave in
i want to try the mango butter as well