March 2015 Hits & Misses

CodeRed

Hit:

Extra conditioning on ends. I oil my scalp with castor then put some conditioner on my ends, layer it with oil then seal it in with castor oil. Bun it up, exercise and when I'm ready to deep condition, I put extra oil/castor oil layer on ends.

My ends were starting to look real crispy and I've done this for the past two deep conditioning sessions and they look almost back to the way they were. Even after they go back to normal I'll continue this routine...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
New Hits:
Smooth Naturals Ultimate Hair Treat
The consistency of this product is thick and ultra creamy, and has a faint creamsicle aroma (the texture reminds me of the PBN Sapote Lotion). It was used only as a leave-in conditioner on freshly washed hair, and always provided me with instant softness, moisture and shine...that lasted for days (I kept peeking at my hair in disbelief due to the long-lasting smoothness and shine). I am really impressed with this product’s performance.

blackviolet Toy

BV Here it is. :lachen:

Gurl....That was driving me Cray!

Thanks PJaye

oneastrocurlie

Continued hits:
Aphogee 2 Min
Shea moisture Superfriut Masque
Jakeala Honey Masque - I actually poured a little in my hand and rubbed my hands together and it emulsified, which made it a heck of a lot easier to apply. I'll use it this way from now on.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued hits:
Jakeala Honey Masque - I actually poured a little in my hand and rubbed my hands together and it emulsified, which made it a heck of a lot easier to apply. I'll use it this way from now on.

oneastrocurlie

Thanks for the tip. :up:

I look at it but KIM because I dread the mess.:ohwell:

Are you using it alone or mixing it? I've been mixing it in an Empty Jar with another DC'er.

NaturallyATLPCH

Revisited Hit: Annabelle's Creamy Hair Pudding
Made my hair very soft, pliable, and moisturized. I'm glad I revisted this stuff and the new scents are yummy. :lick:

Miss: APB's Refresher Spray
Made my hair a little oily. I will stick with the leave ins instead

On the fence:
APB's Broccoli and Avocado Smoothing Conditioner
I have the old formula so I'm sure the new one is better. I just need to use it one more time before I have a final verdict to even be interested in the new formula (I already have it in my cart :lol:)

I really want to try more of her conditioners/masks.

Last edited:

demlew

Hit:
Rainbow henna - ordered from vitacost. The Persian dark brown (sable) covered my grays and rinsed out easily.

CodeRed

Miss:

"Baggying" for 24 hours. I caught myself trying to "get the most" out of my castor oil/peppermint oil mix on my scalp... My scalp is itching right now. When I get home I'm deep conditioning... I did this the other day with my deep conditioner and it made my scalp itch but I thought it was just because it was conditioner... nope. No more being lazy and plastic capping it for 24 hours. 8 - 10 hours seems to be ok... I can go to/from work or sleep in that same time frame if need be.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
My hairsense bone comb is a hit!

In addition, my Bass detangling brush was pretty awesome also.

The breakthrough hit that shocked me however was Nexxus Humectress. I have been sleeping on this!! It is not the fault of lhcf at all either! I have seen the threads that reach back to to the dawn of man talking about Nexxus and for some reason I kept believing that my Aveda was always better.

That humectress though! That changed my mind! My hair softened on contact, it was almost mind boggling!

The curl rehab was also unexpectedly good, I have always thought of it as 'okay', but this time it was actually 'good'.

The Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Shampoo has remained my staple :yep:.

Wash day was generally nice :cloud9: .

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit:

Perfect Blends by Annabelles Refresher Spray. Hair thats left out of my crochet braids are sheeny , soft and supple.

Miss

Not having enough time this week to take my hair out of this protective style.

imaginary

Revisited Hit: I m&s last night with the SM hold and shine mist and my shea butter mix. I've had this bottle for a little over forever and I remember it just not working for me initially. This not only softened my hair, but it actually smoothed it a bit (after tying it down of course). I don't get this kind of smoothness with water and my shea mix alone.

So yay for presentable looking 3 week old twists :yep:

loulou82

Hits:

Mission Condition Terraforma Pre Cleansing Conditioner
Mission Condition Coco Mallow Quench Cream

I may need to purchase the large sizes of both.

Steaming- finally brought steamer out of retirement and love the results.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
tiffers

I followed her directions here:http://www.princesstafadzwa.com/make-microwavable-heating-cap-deep-conditioning/

It's easier said than done lol but I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I will say though I've never had one of the real ones so I can't really compare.

I already have one that I bought from Etsy, but I'm still going to make one following these directions. oneastrocurlie How long did it take you to make? Maybe I'll go find that thread where you already posted.

myronnie

Complete miss: waiting so long for my Eboni curls order.
No communication and my order was not huge. It's been 3+ weeks

NaturallyATLPCH

Remixed Miss turned Hit:
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Refresher Spray

I used it exclusively on freshly washed hair for the week. It made it soft and wasn't too greasy as I thought. I think I had other stuff caked on my head so it made it seem greasy but it's actually a pretty softening refresher spray.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Revisited Hit:
Mission:Condition's Cranberry Cheapskate Conditioner - At 1st it was just kinda meh, but I cowashed with in again yesterday after having pushed it to the back of the pile and admittedly I actually like(d) it.:drunk:

ikandi87

Revisited Hit:
Mission:Condition's Cranberry Cheapskate Conditioner - At 1st it was just kinda meh, but I cowashed with in again yesterday after having pushed it to the back of the pile and admittedly I actually like(d) it.:drunk:

Now im thinking the two I ordered wasnt enough! What did u do different to get better results?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hit:

Hydroquench Greaseless Moisture. Twenty-four hours later and these 4b kinkies are still soft and moisturized. A world record. :lol: This may be my new baby daddy.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Now im thinking the two I ordered wasnt enough! What did u do different to get better results?

ikandi87

Not sure? :look:

I just found that it worked better for me yesterday. Maybe I lowered my expectations:lol:

But I went back and read the ingredients, which had good stuff in it and could not figure out why I thought it just performed mediocre.

Also, I am using a different bottle, so maybe it was a consistency thing with the 1st Bottle vs this one.

Anyway, $6.50 for 16oz is a pretty good deal. I think I have about x2 more unused bottles.

So, I'll be able to use it a while.

ikandi87

ikandi87

Not sure? :look:

I just found that it worked better for me yesterday. Maybe I lowered my expectations:lol:

But I went back and read the ingredients, which had good stuff in it and could not figure out why I thought it just performed mediocre.

Also, I am using a different bottle, so maybe it was a consistency thing with the 1st Bottle vs this one.

Anyway, $6.50 for 16oz is a pretty good deal. I think I have about x2 more unused bottles.

So, I'll be able to use it a while.

$6.50 is a steal no doubt! I wouldnt be mad if its not all that but I wouldnt be mad if its my HG conditioner either. Right now im just rotating a few ones from different brands so Im hoping with the good ingredients it may be at least better than aussie moist! Lol