Aphoghee 2 step

Felicia4ab

Hey Ladies,

How do you actually perform the two step treatment. I've read the directions, but I need some more detail?

Thanks in advance,
Fee

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think you shampoo, towel dry and add step 1. Then you have to let it harden. Once it is hard you wet your hair and rinse out the treatment. You must follow with step 2 (moisturizing dc) to soften your hair since this is a hard protein.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Be sure to let it harden under heat, not airdry. And the Step 2 portion does not have to be by Aphogee. It can be any moisturizing deep conditioner. This is my fav protein.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I just did one the other day out of boredom. I washed out my deep conditioner that had been sitting for 24hrs (don't judge me lol I was studying for a test) added the treatment, dried with a handheld dryer until hard, rinsed, detangled with suave naturals and then styled. I've NEVER done step 2 after the very first time I tried this years ago because I hate that balancing moisturizer. It doesn't work for me. I've been doing it this way for years and I've never had any issues, no breaking, no dryness.

Chrismiss

The 2nd step of using a moisturizing conditioner after rinsing out the hard protein is very important. As someone said, it doesn't matter what moisturizing conditioner you use, as long as you use one after rinsing out the protein.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Question. I found a bottle of the protein (part one) in my stash that was maybe a year and a half old lol. I poured a bit in my sink just because and the color was like a very dark brown so I was scared to use it. Was that an indication that it had gone bad? Has this happened to anyone? Luckily I had a newer bottle handy but I just want to know if that's something I should check for as I continue to use this product.

Fine 4s

Question. I found a bottle of the protein (part one) in my stash that was maybe a year and a half old lol. I poured a bit in my sink just because and the color was like a very dark brown so I was scared to use it. Was that an indication that it had gone bad? Has this happened to anyone? Luckily I had a newer bottle handy but I just want to know if that's something I should check for as I continue to use this product.

NaturallyBri87I wouldn't use it if it was brown but you call always ask the company directly.

Krystle~Hime

I put a tablespoon of it in my deep condition product for make it a protein treatment.

originally you're supposed to apply the 2step product on hair(not wet), if you can (with your blow dryer) dry with heat the product.
let it sit then rinse it and follow up with a moisturizing deep condition(any "deep condioning product" which doesn't contain protein and/or with molasses/honey/aloe vera added)

ravenhairedcharm

I just did this treatment yesterday, I have a 16oz bottle. I applied it on freshly washed hair, then I used my blow dryer to dry it until my hair was hard. When I rinsed it out my hair was so soft but strong and a lot more elastic. I followed up with a moisturizing dc. I love this treatment.

ajargon02

It should be a milky yellow color. I wouldn't use the one u have.

ikandi87

Not to side track but does anyone use the keratin nd green tea reconstructor? If so how often?

I used it as a heat protectant before a blow dry session nd it gave me so much slip and my hair is so soft. I used to use it only when I use heat but that was at the beginning on my hhj. I would love to be able to use it a few times a week. Is that too much?