2015 WIG CHALLENGE

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
If anyone is looking for a cute bob wig try new born free mlc156. I've been wearing it for maybe 4 months now and I get compliments everywhere I go. The parting is good (but still needs to be cut) and it really lasts. I highly recommend it

Last edited:

ClassyJSP

If anyone is looking for a cute bob wig try new born free mlc156. I've been wearing it for maybe 4 months now and I get compliments everywhere I go. The parting is good (but still needs to be cut) and it really lasts. I highly recommend it

what site did you order yours from? Every site i've been too it's been sold out.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I hear you. I have all these wigs now :giggle: and I know they aren't going to be used once Summer rolls around unless we have a cool season.

january noir, I gave 3 to my sister today; she and mom visiting with me on spring break. I have plenty more though. Those were ones that didn't fit all that great anyway. Do you have hot summers?

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
what site did you order yours from? Every site i've been too it's been sold out.

I just ordered two more from samsbeauty.com today so it's definitely in stock on their website. The only thing I don't like about samsbeauty is that they don't offer free shipping if your order is over a certain amount. I usually just stock up and order two or three so that I'm not paying 5.00 for shipping every time I need a new one.

Divatress.com has it too but only in color 4.

It's such a cute style and my students tell me all the time how my bob is always "on fleek" hehe.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Where in San Antonio? My sister lives there, and I want something to do when I visit?

Great! I stay by Lackland (more towards northwest or some say west side of town). Hubby and I are looking into moving hopefully get a house built b4 end of the year is up. Girl I can't wait BC Lord knows we need the space lol. Are y'all from here?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
january noir, I gave 3 to my sister today; she and mom visiting with me on spring break. I have plenty more though. Those were ones that didn't fit all that great anyway. Do you have hot summers?

divachyk
Our summers range from normal to rainy. When I was working, I was indoors most of the time so being bothered by the heat wasn't a problem. I'll try wearing my wigs, but at the first sign of major sweating and being uncomfortable, I'll just wear my own hair until we have cooler days.

meka72

Be careful when cutting curly synthetic hair. They don't respond well. You may have to snip it here and there but if you cut it, it very well may change the whole natural look of this wig. I snipped little pieces from the lower back side of it for a more tapered look and it was perfect. I wear a tiny bit of my hair out in front to blend in with the wig. No one even knows it's not my own hair unless I tell them so. Just bought another one as a backup.

Thanks for the tip. I'll ask my stylist to be careful when cutting it.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I finally straightened my wig today. I was growing tired of the curls. So I'll wear it straight for a week then wash, detangle put into 4 or 5 twists, air dry then store it away since I don't have room to store it on the wig head. I plan on breaking out the new wig next week. Not sure if I'll "wand curl" that one. Maybe after a week or two. Flat ironing it wet got me a very sleek look, almost as good as it looked straight out the pack.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Can anyone suggest a good holding spray for synthetic hair?

I want to bump my bob wig in the front but the curl NEVER holds. It's cute for about an hour and then the curl falls. I'm thinking it's because I don't put anything on it before I curl it.

ClassyJSP

I saw a video on youtube about using spritz to hold the curls on your synthetic wigs. I'll try to find the link.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I saw a video on youtube about using spritz to hold the curls on your synthetic wigs. I'll try to find the link.

Aaww thank you. I still have my go to bronner brothers spritz from back in the day. The name of it is escaping me but it's in the pink and white bottle. That was my go to spritz during my relaxed high school days when I would add waterfalls to my hair haha. That spritz definitely kept everything in place lol.

I may have to try it and just use it very lightly because I don't want the hard to get too hard.

FollicleFanatic

I fell off of the wig wagon over a month ago. Too hot and I don't like worrying about the spring winds exposing my biz lol. Will rejoin you ladies in the fall, good luck!

Evolving78

I think I will make my own. I just don't see myself paying $100 plus for a wig. But it is an investment! But I did see some toupees at the Bss for women I'm interested in. But it didn't look worth $90.

divachyk

I'mma drop cash on a good wig, finally shortdub78. I started my search today. Haven't finalized a decision yet. Likely will take a few days or maybe even weeks, knowing me.

divachyk

SuchaLady, shooooo don't give me any idears :lol: but my blog is probably not on and popping enough for them to check for me but hey, worth a try. Thx for giving me the idea.

SuchaLady

I would still do it divachyk Ive seen people with a smaller following get one. Mention that you are a popular member of a huge forum. Get you a free wig girl :poke: :look:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
One of my new units!
Eva Wigs
sk021 Kinky Straight Long Straight Human Hair Wig
Natural Black (didn't love the color at first, but now I do! it's has brown gold highlights in the sun)
Low-Medium Density (85%-100%)
Glueless cap with ear tabs (this cap is larger than the average, I ordered, but was able to tighten the back and now it fits)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
One of my new units!
Eva Wigs
sk021 Kinky Straight Long Straight Human Hair Wig
Natural Black (didn't love the color at first, but now I do! it's has brown gold highlights in the sun)
Low-Medium Density (85%-100%)
Glueless cap with ear tabs (this cap is larger than the average, I ordered, but was able to tighten the back and now it fits)

This unit looks great!