Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Fotchygirl

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Exactly 1 week 1 day post today. I will try to stretch longer than 12 weeks this time but since I've started taking hair supplements I don't know how it's gonna go. Will install braids when the going gets tough. Thank you ladies for your support always.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

11 weeks. Was smooth sailing until I clarified last night. Matting nightmare.

I'm not going to chelate until one week post. The pain of detangling and potential setback is not worth it. I'll do regular moisturizing shampoo every 4th wash. Pre pooing all other times.

Nayeli

A couple hours. Enjoyed my relaxer immensely and I'm happy that no trim was needed. Back to stretching!

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 57

CluelessJL

10 weeks and my new growth is starting to go a little crazy around my hair line!

Attachments

• 20150323_213808.jpg
    20150323_213808.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 44

free2bme

11 weeks post, 2 weeks to go.....

greenandchic

Almost 15 weeks. I may TU at 18 weeks post.

bklynbornNbred

70 weeks on Monday/ 16 months today

This month has been pretty easy. Just staying with my basic staples. My new growth when stretched is mostly shoulder length. Overall length is just shy of BSL after my deep trim.

bklynbornNbred

Does your ng require stretching? If yes, how do you stretch it? bklynbornNbred?

I'm not sure what you're asking so I'll better explain what I posted.

If I was to "big" cut my hair now my curls would be at its longest ear length. If I was to blow it out the new hair would be a layered neck length bob. I was trying to keep track because a few months ago I was starting to think my growth was stunted but I just couldn't see how much it has grown. I originally thought by now if I stretched this length of time that my hair would be square on MBL or longer but the issues I was having with my hair seems to be on retaining the relaxed ends and not with my growth. I've since figured out that my hair is low porosity and that had a part in why my last few relaxers were not taking. I've been liberal with my trims since even if I go back to relaxing this old hair will have to go.

For the most part I've been wearing twist out or braiding under a wig. I've also experimented with roller sets and rod sets. I sweat too much when working out so I save those styles for when I have a special event. When I was earlier in this stretch I blowed my hair out more often but since I'm contemplating transitioning I'm trying to stick to indirect heat.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm not sure what you're asking so I'll better explain what I posted.

For the most part I've been wearing twist out or braiding under a wig. I've also experimented with roller sets and rod sets. I sweat too much when working out so I save those styles for when I have a special event. When I was earlier in this stretch I blowed my hair out more often but since I'm contemplating transitioning I'm trying to stick to indirect heat.

bklynbornNbred
Your last paragraph answers the mail. TY.

I am 37 weeks post and my ng is very tight, thus I have to stretch it in some way - tension method, banding, etc. I am always on the hunt for better or different techniques. I recognize not everyone has the same texture so that's why I phrased the question how I did. Thx again.

bklynbornNbred

Sounds good. I think I'm 4a/4b. Of course I won't know until I fully cut if I'll ever do a wash and go but while I have shrinkage it's not as tight as it was when I was a kid. I would have sworn I was 4c like my mom who is fully natural. My pre perm/ pressing hair as a kid was always tough to comb. This change in my texture was also one of the reasons I fell backwards into this long stretch. My hair was definitely not this texture when I was younger. I just know about 3 years ago I started having issues with my relaxer. I thought the formula had changed but others on here were having trouble also.

If you just want to dry have you tried using jumbo flexible rods? A couple of times I've used my purple ones just to get hair dry then remove and slick back into bun. I'm planning on getting the next size up to experiment with.

Lilmama1011

Sounds good. I think I'm 4a/4b. Of course I won't know until I fully cut if I'll ever do a wash and go but while I have shrinkage it's not as tight as it was when I was a kid. I would have sworn I was 4c like my mom who is fully natural. My pre perm/ pressing hair as a kid was always tough to comb. This change in my texture was also one of the reasons I fell backwards into this long stretch. My hair was definitely not this texture when I was younger. I just know about 3 years ago I started having issues with my relaxer. I thought the formula had changed but others on here were having trouble also.

If you just want to dry have you tried using jumbo flexible rods? A couple of times I've used my purple ones just to get hair dry then remove and slick back into bun. I'm planning on getting the next size up to experiment with.

bklynbornNbred do you do the whole head?