Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

ronie

I had an ice cream date with my 4 year old after I picked her up from school. I enjoyed every minute of it.

davisbr88

ronie: NOOOOO! LOL! The funny part is I actually like doing pushups, but just the fact that I'm being demanded to do it makes me not want to (I'm still in a terrible 2 stage at 27).

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^^davisbr88 :rofl: I'm a big baby too. I hang out with toddlers all day and I picked up a few bad habits.

On another note dh bought me some new shoes, a sports bra, tank and gym leggings. I be killing it in the gym. I need to start posting my gymfit of the day :drunk:

hareluvah

I have fallen so far off the wagon, I couldn't find it if you paid me to. I have been doing a lot of comfort eating: donuts, cinnamon rolls, you name it. And I've been consciously eating past the point of feeling full. Stress is high right now, I have a lot of deadlines that I am trying to meet professionally, and I am not happy about needing hip surgery on my right hip and possibly left too. My 9 month old is teething something terrible so I'm not sleeping well at night either. I am totally comfort eating and I know it. My surgery is most likely in June so, I am kind of a sitting duck until then exercise wise. I am looking into possibly joining one of those really cheap month to month gyms to see if I can handle the elliptical???? Feeling really discouraged...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got a pasta maker today for shredding veggies. I want to try zucchini and squash spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce.

I have to google more ideas of things I can make.

levette

I plan to work out later on today at the gym. I have been stress eating like crazy due to demands at the job and just life. I plan to go back to using my fitness pal regime regularly. In terms of my hair I feel it is growing back nicely.

AlexandriaKiera

I made low carb enchiladas today! I now have dinner for the next 3 days :)
I used online recipes and used the crock pot to shred the pork.

I love not feeling deprived while still being able to lose weight.
I still have 1 month and 2 weeks left but I feel great and I am noticing results.
I can't wait to walk across the stage with my new slimmer figure!

davisbr88

Prettymetty: well, I was a high school teacher and now I work with college students, so I guess I have no excuse hehehe. I'd love to see your gymfits!

hareluvah: don't feel discouraged! Can you do something low impact like swimming? I know I can sometimes overexert on the elliptical, but swimming is a great workout and really easy on your body.

I am down another 1.2 lbs today! :grin:
2.7 lbs until I meet my March 16 goal and win my DietBet game! Of course, I will be on vacation on final weigh-in day, and in China no less, so I will be swerving on all that yummy rice (one of my favorite foods) and sweet sauces. I will be eating a lot of street food since they seem to sell lots of meat/veg skewers.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I did jump rope for 30 secs, wall sits for 30 secs, planks for 30 secs and repeated this 4 times. Then did a mile on treadmill. Getting cleaned up and ready to go to PT. For breakfast I had oatmeal and drank water. I bought bananas but I dont think they're ready to eat yet. I'm going to eat a snack pack for lunch and dinner will be baked tilapia and a salad.

Hair wise I'm still wigging it with my hair in flat twists. I cowashed Sunday and LOC then twisted back up.

Last edited:

davisbr88

HairPleezeGrow: go, girl! That looks like a great workout, and it won't take long to do! When you say snack pack, are you talking about the pudding???

L: Uncured pork carnitas and guacamole
D: Grilled mahi mahi and green beans

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did a bellydance dvd and then I put on a dance mix and did zumba in my living room for 20 minutes. I probably burned about 400 calories.

I haven't had dinner yet, but breakfast and lunch were really light. I think I will have a grilled chicken breast and cucumber slices.

AlexandriaKiera

Well I started in January on my weight loss journey. My starting weight was originally 147.8 lbs and a size 6. I'm 5 ft 2 inches.

Cw. 142.4 lbs (feb 16)
Size: 6
Thighs: 24inches, waist: 27 inches, hips: 39.5 inches
Goal weight: 108
Size: 0-2
Thighs: 18inches, waist: 25 inches, hips: 33 inches

I desire the look of Kerry Washington, with the addition of boobs lol
Or any thin black woman with a large chest.
I have pics to track my progress but I don't feel comfortable posting them yet :(
Maybe once I lose more weight
My goal is to obtain a thigh gap.

First goal: 130lbs by March 17th
Second goal: 122lbs by April 17th
Third goal: 115lbs by May 17th
Fourth goal: 108 by June 17th

Updated measurements:
35-26-38.25

My thighs are down 1 inch, making my upper thigh measurement 23".

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just went on a walk with the kids. We walked, jogged, played kickball, etc. I burned about 184 calories. Tonight I will have another cardio dance party, but I will do it for at least 30 minutes this time.

I ate a Marathon protein bar for breakfast and I had 2 cups of coffee. For lunch I will have grilled chicken or baked salmon with green beans.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
Today will be day four of insanity, its hard to do because I don't get home until 9p most nights yet I do it anyway.

I gave in to a burger yesterday...but it was turkey...it was ( ._.)

I've decided to replace one meal a day with a protein shake. May or may not invest in shakeology again.

Oh also update with my hair/scalp lol... I've decided to go water only...no product. I figured it would be easier to test while I didn't have any hair. I'll do this till my pj kicks in. I have new products(Carols Daughter) coming today I kind of want to return them so I'm not tempted... I only bought them bc I got a good deal. Shame on it all. Anyhow keep up the good work ladies.

ronie

Awesome butt kicking workouts yesterday and today (650 calories each) at the gym. But now my hunger is raging. Please pray for me, lollll.

FollicleFanatic

Everyone is doing such a great job in here! Hopefully it'll rub off on me :look:

I haven't gained any weight even with not working out and TOM being here. Fighting most of my cravings by eating homemade soup, fresh fruit, homemade popcorn and green smoothies. Hooray for small victories.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Did 30 sec butt touches, 12 side lunges and 25 squats (all done 4 times). Breakfast had oatmeal and a banana. Lunch made garlic and parsley roasted mushrooms and honey teriyaki salmon. The salmon already came glazed. For dinner will be making baked bbq chicken and salad. Will get on my treadmill tonight

ForumRunner_20150305_131334.jpg

ForumRunner_20150305_131344.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I haven't been on my best behavior today. I had coffee, oatmeal with fruit and 2 cookies for breakfast :evilbanana: . I ate mac n cheese with shredded chicken for lunch and Coke. Dinner will be much lighter. I need some serious veggies. Maybe I can make vegetable soup...

I worked out twice yesterday for about 1 hour total. Today I plan on doing a 45 minute interval workout. I want to sweat and I want to feel the burn.

I took my measurements the other day. Chest is 39. Waist is 30 and hips are 43 inches. Goal measurements are 36-26-40.

davisbr88

TwistedRoots: yay! Welcome to the water-only fam!

Today was a trainwreck of a day, so I just now ate for the first time about 15 minutes ago. I had plain chicken, lobster, and shrimp fajitas with guacamole on top. No tortillas or sides, but I did feel pretty full. I have been craving something sweet to drink for a while, but I'm avoiding aspartame and can't have diet soda. Any suggestions???

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Dinner- baked chicken, chicken flavored rice and broccoli. Having my chicken with salad with apples and walnuts and raspberry walnut vinergrette.

ForumRunner_20150305_172025.jpg