MHM Hangout

faithVA

Faith, it's funny because I felt/ feel the same way about the sodium bentonite clay! For me, it's the word sodium lol. I was umming and aahing about leaving it on but I really couldn't be bothered to wash it out last night, plus I prefer adding my gel when I am up and about, rather than the night before. I probably won't be sleeping in the sodium clay again.

I mixed mine with rhassoul. I know that sodium bentonite clay is supposed to absorb more than others, and even with the rhassoul and a lil molasses (plus the filter water and acv), when I rinsed my hair this morning it was literally squeaky clean. I felt like if there was any build up on my strands at all, there wasn't anymore.

I added a very diluted solution of conditioner- about 1oz in 7 oz water, simply coz my stock is extra low awaiting my hoard lol. My hair didn't have as much slip as usual. I felt this was in part down to the clay. I smoothed some undiluted conditioner on my hair focusing on the front and the ends and added my gel (diluted).

I was in Sallys earlier and the assistant stopped me and paid me a complement on my hair, which was nice as I'd only left it loose so it could dry faster. It made me smile. When I went to pay for my goods, she was at the till. We got talking for about 5-10mins:lol: She was very interested in how I treat my hair and what the clay does, and how all the little coils do what they do etc lol.

She told me she has a son who's curls are bigger than mine and I told her the method would probably work for him too. I directed her to the MHM website, so she could read up if she wanted to.

I need to stop though coz I am already complaining about the price of clay rising like crazy, and out of stock conditioners:blush::look:
ETA: Sorry it's already a long post, but I forgot to add pics from today's wash. 1. After clay. 2. After my shop (still very wet at the roots)

OK. Now I can see the pictures. My hair looks something like this but doesn't hang as much. I see your curls start to separate more as they dry.

faithVA

[USER=275934 said:
trebell[/USER];21181955]My hair is not taking any products it seems. I can't do my wash and go's. I'm trying now. I'll take a pic when I'm done. ETA: Roots are so frizzy. Since I started last year I cannot get my roots tamed. View attachment 298929

ITA: where's FaithVa

I'm here. Don't post to much on the weekend when I'm on my phone. I can't see any pictures so I don't know what I'm commenting on.

If your hair isn't taking any product, perhaps its time to clarify and do a clct and take it from there.

faithVA

I have no idea if I attached these photos properly, but these are my curls yesterday after wash day - it is about 50% dry with gel.

Still a newbie at this method but after two weeks I can see it is working and I decided to stick with it as my regimen. So far my curls are popping more and my hair is far less tangled. I have not run a comb through my hair since I started and for the most part I have been able to successfully finger detangle. Did I mention I am not loosing that much hair anymore so that is awesome.

It is interesting that my curls are clumping more and more at the base...there are some parts of my hair that curl all the way through but others remain frizzy and less defined. I think 7 days is not long enough for me.

I have gotten my routine down to about 90 minutes and most of that time is me doing nothing. I start off with the baking soda (4 oz of water, a few squirts of conditioner and a tablespoon of baking soda) massage that into my head for about 2-3 minutes. Rinse apply DC at full strength and steam for 20 minutes while my hair is cooling down I make my clay mix (bentonite stays on for 15-20 mins while rhassoul stays on for 30-45). Rinse and then rinse with my tea rinse (this is a must for me - my hair loves all things irish moss, slippery elm or marshmallow) squeeze the excess out and use my leave in with gel.

I find it does better when I do it all in one day than the night before.

Epic fails to share:

My beloved Qhemet moringa tree conditioning ghee does not work well at all as a leave in - made my hair rough and hard - not giving up though going to try on dry hair

Coconut oil is officially the devil however coconut milk is amazing!!

Trying to recreate the anita grant rhassoul cubes went terribly wrong!!

Anyways really glad I found this method. I think I will probably fall back to every other or every third day.

Side note I have no idea how to take pics of my hair ...

Feel free to drop back to every 3 days. It's not necessary to do it more often after the first week. Glad you had good results starting out.

faithVA

Since my hair is not ready for a wng, this will be my go to style for March. I'm will do DubaiDee's modified regimen of just clay and gel and then flat twist the back and perm rod the front. I haven't wanted something easy and I think this is it. I did my hair on Friday and it has made it through the weekend.

MarchGoToFront.jpg

MarchGoToBack.jpg

werenumber2

I FINALLY tried the MHM last night! :drunk:

My steps:

1) Cherry Lola treatment
2) Trader Joe's TTT mixed with hot water under a shower cap for 20 minutes
3) Finger detangle then rinse
4) Rhassoul mixed with coconut milk and hot water under a shower cap for 30 minutes
5) Rinse
6) Applied Tresseme Radiant Volume mixed with hot water as my leave-in
7) Sealed with homemade flax seed gel

My hair felt...weird but in a GOOD way. My curls were clumped all the way to the root so I don't think it will be take me very long to reach maximum hydration.

I'm dreading doing the routine tonight after a long day of work + the gym but I'm only going to leave the clarifying step (TTT and baking soda) in my hair for 5 minutes or so. I'm going to try using a "real" deep conditioner thinned out with hot water for my DC.

The rhassoul/Tresseme leave-in/flax seed steps seem to be working for me.

faithVA

[USER said:
werenumber2;21184825[/USER]]I FINALLY tried the MHM last night! :drunk:

My steps:

1) Cherry Lola treatment
2) Trader Joe's TTT mixed with hot water under a shower cap for 20 minutes
3) Finger detangle then rinse
4) Rhassoul mixed with coconut milk and hot water under a shower cap for 30 minutes
5) Rinse
6) Applied Tresseme Radiant Volume mixed with hot water as my leave-in
7) Sealed with homemade flax seed gel

My hair felt...weird but in a GOOD way. My curls were clumped all the way to the root so I don't think it will be take me very long to reach maximum hydration.

I'm dreading doing the routine tonight after a long day of work + the gym but I'm only going to leave the clarifying step (TTT and baking soda) in my hair for 5 minutes or so. I'm going to try using a "real" deep conditioner thinned out with hot water for my DC.

The rhassoul/Tresseme leave-in/flax seed steps seem to be working for me.

Glad you had good results. You don't have to do it for the 7 straight days. If your hair is OK right now just do it every 3 days. Save yourself the stress.

faithVA

trebell

I'm here. Don't post to much on the weekend when I'm on my phone. I can't see any pictures so I don't know what I'm commenting on.

If your hair isn't taking any product, perhaps its time to clarify and do a clct and take it from there.

Hi FaithVA, what is a CLCT? Also, I used the mud wash from terressentials. It made my hair feel filmy, so I had to co wash after I used it. Is there anything I can add to this until I get more clay?

ETA: I figured CLCT out. Where do you all find whole fat yogurt? I used to go to Trader Joes but I can't find it there no more.

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I finally have all my CLCT Ingredients so I'll start this evening then steam DC and leave it on overnight. I'm only making half the recipe because I don't want leftovers this time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

faithVA

[USER=275934 said:
trebell[/USER];21186213]Hi FaithVA, what is a CLCT? Also, I used the mud wash from terressentials. It made my hair feel filmy, so I had to co wash after I used it. Is there anything I can add to this until I get more clay?

CLCT is Cherry Lola Carmel Treatment.

Try diluting your terressentials with a 50/50 water/ACV mix. Try 1/8 cup of acv and 1/8 cup of water and add it to maybe 1/2 cup of Terressentials and see if that helps a bit. Add enough Terressentials until it is the consistency you want.

I think I get it from Kroger or Giants. It can be hard to find. In the future I'm going to try Kefir milk since it is easier to find but haven't done so yet.

trebell

CLCT is Cherry Lola Carmel Treatment. Try diluting your terressentials with a 50/50 water/ACV mix. Try 1/8 cup of acv and 1/8 cup of water and add it to maybe 1/2 cup of Terressentials and see if that helps a bit. Add enough Terressentials until it is the consistency you want. I think I get it from Kroger or Giants. It can be hard to find. In the future I'm going to try Kefir milk since it is easier to find but haven't done so yet.

Will do. You know I always forget about the CLCT. I made some flaxseed gel today. But since my hair is rebelling it just sat on top. So I had to wash it out. My hair was still feeling filmy. But. It's all good now. I'm just sticking with wash and go's for a while.

ljones4521

My entire household has been sick for nearly a month, so I had so much to read and catch up on. During that time I didn't wash our hair. I couldn't as my daughter only uses one lung and its been in the teens here. Last night I was so tired, but needed to address her dry and horrible looking hair. I decided I would go straight to the clay step and condition afterwards. Well, I tried heating the clay with a little honey, used my stick blender and applied to her hair. Her hair was so and is still so very nice and soft! Incredible. Her hair hasn't felt like this in years. I was so happy for her. I applied the leave in, but it just sat there (lol...we are both low porosity), but even still tonight her hair remains soft. I am so happy to learn about MHM.

faithVA

Will do. You know I always forget about the CLCT. I made some flaxseed gel today. But since my hair is rebelling it just sat on top. So I had to wash it out. My hair was still feeling filmy. But. It's all good now. I'm just sticking with wash and go's for a while.

trebell, I changed my mind about what I told you. I thought about it more. With terressentials when your hair feels filmy it means its trying to remove the build up.

They tell you how to do a detox on their site. Apply the mud and leave for 30 minutes. Apply again and leave for 15. Then apply again and rinse. You can still dilute it a bit with water to stretch it.

It sounds like you are getting conditioner build up with you wash n goes.

GGsKin

I was totally out of conditioner this morning so I let water just run on my head. I went through and massaged my scalp, really smoothing and squeezing the water in as though I was washing out clay. My hair had no slip but it didn't feel bad.

I then applied my clay in the same manner and took this time to remove my shed hairs.
After a put my baggy on, my delivery of (KCKT) conditioner arrived lol.
I'm sitting with the clay in now, gonna wash it out in a bit. I'm thinking I might as well carry on with the DubaiDee method for this wash, at least to see if it makes much of a difference to my drying time, so after I was out the clay, (depending on how my hair feels) I will just apply the gel. (Still counting...This is cycle 31- modified).

ETA: My hair felt great as I washed the clay out. It felt so smooth. Like, really smooth and tangle free. I was thinking, is this what people mean when they say their hair feels like butter/buttah? I applied wheatgerm oil and gel. Overall my strands appear to be getting more defined...If you look really closely:drunk:

Pics from today's wash. 1. After clay is washed out/ after gel is applied. 2. Texture shots after it's dried a little. My hair is drying faster than usual today, roots are still wet.

Attachments

• 2015-03-03_14.20.15.jpg
    2015-03-03_14.20.15.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 44
  • 2015-03-03_14.18.38.jpg
    2015-03-03_14.18.38.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=436891 said:
AbsyBlvd[/USER];21187763]I was totally out of conditioner this morning so I let water just run on my head. I went through and massaged my scalp, really smoothing and squeezing the water in as though I was washing out clay. My hair had no slip but it didn't feel bad.

I then applied my clay in the same manner and took this time to remove my shed hairs.
After a put my baggy on, my delivery of (KCKT) conditioner arrived lol.
I'm sitting with the clay in now, gonna wash it out in a bit. I'm thinking I might as well carry on with the DubaiDee method for this wash, at least to see if it makes much of a difference to my drying time, so after I was out the clay, (depending on how my hair feels) I will just apply the gel. (Still counting...This is cycle 31- modified).

ETA: My hair felt great as I washed the clay out. It felt so smooth. Like, really smooth and tangle free. I was thinking, is this what people mean when they say their hair feels like butter/buttah? I applied wheatgerm oil and gel. Overall my strands appear to be getting more defined...If you look really closely:drunk:

Pics from today's wash. 1. After clay is washed out/ after gel is applied. 2. Texture shots after it's dried a little. My hair is drying faster than usual today, roots are still wet.

So did you like the modified? Are you going to continue? What was your clay mix?

faithVA

I feel like I take 2 steps forward and 1 step back :nono: Washed last night. My hair felt great when I rinsed the gel out. It felt good putting the clay in. Then I had to finger detangle and finger comb. That took me a while. When I rinsed my hair seemed to feel OK but when I tried to put in the flax seed gel it felt like the gel had no slip. So I think with the 50/50 water, acv that it is too clarifying for my hair for the amount of time I need to detangle. It is great if you just put it in, work it through and rinse it out.

I will reduce the clay and the ACV for Friday's wash.

I used the Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Gel and my hair felt soft and hydrated after that. I put in my flat twist and perm rods. My hair is a little dull due to whatever is in the gel but my hair feels great and my style came out good :yep:

I'm definitely sticking to the modified regimen. I just need to get my clay mix right for the amount of hair I have. I think you should give it a try KiWiStyle while your hair is still short.

ETA: tashboog says it was probably the flax seed gel that gave my hair the squeaky feeling and not the clay. That's good to know. I will try it again this weekend without the flax seed gel to see how it goes.

Last edited:

GGsKin

So did you like the modified? Are you going to continue? What was your clay mix?

faithVA I love that it is a much shorter process and my hair is less dull than usual (possibly down to a couple of things, one being the application of oil). And I wouldn't say I noticed less definition at the end result.

I'm not sure what I'll do:). I will definitely be doing this version again. I may alternate between conditioner/ no conditioner. I'll see how my hair feels when it is fully dry. At the moment, I like the results but I can't see myself dropping conditioner just yet.

For my clay, I mixed 1 and a half spoons of sodium bentonite with about 3 of rhassoul. A good glug of ACV (maybe about 1 spoon or so), a little molasses (maybe a teaspoon or less) and the rest water to make roughly 10oz/300ml mix.

ETA: My hair is drying faster but I still have a damp spot at my crown (maybe lo po problems/ maybe due to my puff-come-high-pony:look:). It feels different. I don't know how to word it but it's not bad. Without the conditioner, my hair doesn't feel as sticky/tacky. And that smooth feeling is still there.

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
faithVA trust and believe I've been paying close attention to your results with this. I have no plans to grow my hair before the Summer because I just love it so much so I have a little time to observe first ;-).

I do wanna see who's having great results using cow's milk too! For March I'm sticking to the regimen that's been working consistently so I can maximize hydration as much as possible by April's warm air and humidity which equals major hydration.

werenumber2

Glad you had good results. You don't have to do it for the 7 straight days. If your hair is OK right now just do it every 3 days. Save yourself the stress.

:yep: I skipped last night but I'm definitely going to do it again tonight. I think the whole process will be a lot smoother now that I've gotten the Cherry Lola treatment out of the way and I'm only going to clarify with my conditioner and baking soda for 5 minutes. :yep:

I feel a change in my hair after just one treatment. I just can't believe it's taken me almost 5 months to get around to doing it.

faithVA

[USER=42995 said:
ceecy29[/USER];21188813]You ladies are selling this method to me, hard! We'll see!!!

Girl come in here and stop playing. :lol: Take 1 day out of your life to give it a try. And like I said the method has been shortened so it no longer takes that long if you do the modified version. All the founders of the method have switched over to the new one.

discodumpling

Completed my MHM wash today by combining the clay and DC step, rinse, leave-in, activator, and gel. This gel encourages my shrinkage but i'm not trippin' I don't have any length to show off yet!

I was a little heavy handed with the gel...but such is the life of curly girl :) the flash makes it look alot worse than it really is. :yep:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I feel bad for the people who find wrong in the MHM. I just finished my regimen for today and my hair looks amazing! Since diluting my kckt into a spray bottle and applying steps 4&5 in thin layers my TWA wng is near perfection. I no longer have white hair when i'm done! I did the CLCT and it really makes a difference, I have not done one since the beginning of January so I was overdue. I plan to do another before March is over

Today I added manuka honey, ACV and EVOO to my clay. Maybe the ACV helped a lot too because this was a first for me.

ceecy29

Girl come in here and stop playing. :lol: Take 1 day out of your life to give it a try. And like I said the method has been shortened so it no longer takes that long if you do the modified version. All the founders of the method have switched over to the new one.

Haha!!! I will, I get winded easily being anemic, knowing now that it is shorter is encouraging. I didn't want to spend a lot of time & energy doing hair only for it to look a H.A.M (or be meh!).

HopefulOne

faithVA trust and believe I've been paying close attention to your results with this. I have no plans to grow my hair before the Summer because I just love it so much so I have a little time to observe first ;-). I do wanna see who's having great results using cow's milk too! For March I'm sticking to the regimen that's been working consistently so I can maximize hydration as much as possible by April's warm air and humidity which equals major hydration. Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

I have use heavy cream and loved it. It is cheap 1..79 at Walmart and it lasts 8 weeks in the fridge. It really made my hair feel thicker in a good way and since I have such defined curls that's a good things. I am lo po 3c with total definition so I don't know how it would for others but cream isn't that different from milk so it would probably be okay.

nycutiepie

I did my 2nd Cherry Lola last week and it worked just as good as the first time I started the regimen which I believe was in January. I am doing the regimen about 2 X per week and I aim to sometimes co-wash in between. I have to be honest that I only managed to do the co-wash the day I bought the Tresemme Radiant. However, the PJ in me wants to try the new Tresemme so eventually I'll get around to do the co-wash regularly in between. I have NOT put a comb in my hair since I started this regimen except for the 1X I went to the salon for a trim and she had to comb my hair.

I have been on this forum for a very very long time. I've been relaxed and now natural and I have tried many regimens, products, etc. I cannot help myself from repeating it enough, but this is the BEST...........I repeat the BEST regimen I have tried which has practically eliminated ALL breakage and shedding is damn near non-existent. I keep scouring my bathroom floor and checking the hair catcher in my tub to check for hair and nothing, nada, zilch. I intentionally tried to finger detangle my hair extra hard just to test the breaking point and this sucka is like teflon. The elasticity in my hair has increased and it's like I have 100% retention.

I'm wondering if this regimen would've worked the same when I was relaxed? Is anyone relaxed doing MHM?

trebell

I feel bad for the people who find wrong in the MHM. I just finished my regimen for today and my hair looks amazing! Since diluting my kckt into a spray bottle and applying steps 4&5 in thin layers my TWA wng is near perfection. I no longer have white hair when i'm done! I did the CLCT and it really makes a difference, I have not done one since the beginning of January so I was overdue. I plan to do another before March is over Today I added manuka honey, ACV and EVOO to my clay. Maybe the ACV helped a lot too because this was a first for me. Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Me either for the CLCT. I think this is why may hair is rebelling. I found some while fate yogurt at Giant yay!!