BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My phony bun fell off at work today :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Luckily it happened when I first got to work and none of my customers noticed. One of my coworkers called me to the back and was like "Is this yours?" Tomorrow I am going to work without any extra stuff. I don't want anymore slip ups (pun intended)

pinkchocolatedaisy

I give up! I have no natural hair styling skills! Tried a bantu (on lightly flat ironed hair) knot-out...only lasted one day. Next day epic fail. Tried to do a twistout...got slight definition on one side and stretched out half straight hot mess on the other.

So um yea I'll stick to straight hair and get random waves from buns lol.

PlainJane

My edges are thinning. I've never had this problem after I stopped wearing sew ins a few years ago. I hope it's not the buns.

MsKikiStar

I did box braids last weekend. First time I've ever started and finished in the same day :lol:. I used a tip from Yolanda Renee on YouTube where she twisted her hair first then attached the extension hair. Video: http://youtu.be/TDtnavR0hb8

Attachments

• image-1476982474.jpg
    image-1476982474.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 78
  • image-580395206.jpg
    image-580395206.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2310060706.jpg
    image-2310060706.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1725555405.jpg
    image-1725555405.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I give up! I have no natural hair styling skills! Tried a bantu (on lightly flat ironed hair) knot-out...only lasted one day. Next day epic fail. Tried to do a twistout...got slight definition on one side and stretched out half straight hot mess on the other.

So um yea I'll stick to straight hair and get random waves from buns lol.

I'm the same way! I can't style my natural hair at all. I always look really unkept... Now when my hair is blown out I can make magic happen. I think it's because my natural hair shrinks to nl and when straightened it stretches to apl (more styling options).

PlainJane

No roller set for me this week. I shampooed, DCd, added my leave in, and sealed with a new taliah Waajid butter I bought. I can't wait to be able to air dry in two long braids so if it my hair isn't dry in the morning I can just keep the braids in. Right now I just have struggle plaits :lol:

bluenvy

Washed and dc today. My first time using Camille Rose algae renew dc. I like how it moisturized my hair.
My hair has some nice growth since start of this challenge, looks close to bsl if not there already?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 83

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm due to have my son in 2 weeks! With postpartum shed, hopefully I make mbl by end of year.

You will get there for sure. Just be gentle when detangling. Sometimes those shed strands can get tangled on other strands.

Postpartum shedding was the worst after my oldest, because I didn't know what to expect. Garlic or msm will help you keep your hair thick.

snoop

I'm due to have my son in 2 weeks! With postpartum shed, hopefully I make mbl by end of year.

Congrats! I had mine last month. This go round I'm "prepared" to handle the shedding. I used the EO blend from this site to grow my edges back (which had actually been destroyed in high school from wearing extensions)

bluenvy

Thanks ladies. Congrats to you! snoop.
I used garlic shampoo that stopped last year spring shedding. Gotta go pick up a bottle

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm so excited about my blowout tomorrow! Dh is turning 25 this week so I gotta look sexy for his bday :gorgeous: I think I will put on a red rinse :grin:

Leo24Rule

I've been M.I.A for the last couple weeks, but I will say that I've been massaging my scalp daily, oiling my scalp every other day, oiling my hair shafts/and grease my ends every other day.
The only thing is I was wigging it for a week and a half and just Thursday night I noticed thinning in my widow's peak area from my lace front. So since then I have been doing another protective style.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^^My buns are always messy. I don't bother smoothing my edges, because I have a ton of headbands. If I'm feeling fancy I put a little leave in on my edges :blush:

I also rotate where I put the bun and how I secure it. I use chiffon scruchies, goody spin pins, claw clips, mini claws, hairagami or a ponytailer. I have to bun for work (in a restaurant) so I have a lot of bun stuff.

Leo24Rule

Besides helping my mom and sister by keeping up with their hair; I've started helping a 4B/C girlfriend of mine who has SL hair with a concrete regimen and products to buy :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
She used the largest rollers today. That means my hair has grown :grin:

Attachments

• 20150127_173612.jpg
    20150127_173612.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 79

Bun Mistress

The back of my hair got ripped out today; a curl got caught in the zipper today and I couldn't get it out with ripping out a chunk in the back.

PlainJane

^^^My buns are always messy. I don't bother smoothing my edges, because I have a ton of headbands. If I'm feeling fancy I put a little leave in on my edges :blush: I also rotate where I put the bun and how I secure it. I use chiffon scruchies, goody spin pins, claw clips, mini claws, hairagami or a ponytailer. I have to bun for work (in a restaurant) so I have a lot of bun stuff.

Yeah but you wear your hair straight so I'm sure your buns look way better than mine! You are really tempting me to be a straight hair natural. That's what my mom did to my hair as a child and it thrived.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today's blowout. I plan on dusting my ends in March. My short layers are slowly catching up:grin:

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1422411709741.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1422411709741.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 83

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
The back of my hair got ripped out today; a curl got caught in the zipper today and I couldn't get it out with ripping out a chunk in the back.

Oh no:sad: You have to keep your hair pulled up when you wear zippers, wool, anything textured, etc. Was it a big piece of hair?